Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Trax stood like a stone, "Your ambition clouds judgement, where see weakness I see wisdom and willpower, qualities you never possessed." He paused to open his wings signaling for his Majesty to appear as planned, "You underestimate the King, of course he would not miss meeting his forsaked Brother for the forst time." Trax told him before taking to the sky.

((Bring out the reunion))

"Apparently its the Shadow Element, they should be arriving later tonight, it is a young colt. No doubt he'll be like Rogue, he was the first of us to be in the old Order, he was a cool young colt." Arial said trying not to dwell on the missed past.

Kane stepped out and glared at Silent. Silent glared back, finally seeing Kane for the first time. They both stared in silence until Silent finally spoke. "You look more like father than I do. How disappointing." Kane grit his teeth. "What do you want, Silent?" He asked angrily. Silent turned away and looked into the sea. "I want what's rightfully mine."

Suddenly a fire acolyte approached the two mares. "Mistress Arial, Mistress Snow, Princess Cadenza has come and wishes to see you." Snow raised and eyebrow and stood up. "I wonder what Cadence could be doing here?"

Arial thanked the fire Acolyte then got up, "I have no clue but it is an honor for to visit us so soon. Come we should go see her, I havent yet the pleasure to meet her." She said hurrying not to keep her waiting. Arial walked towards the entrance and greeted the Princess with a slight bow due to her swollen stomach, "It is an honor to meet you Princess Cadence, what service can we be to you today?"

Cadence bowed her head back to the two mares. "Please, I consider you my equal, there is no need to bow, especially in your condition." She said, her voice sounding as sweet as always. With her was a unicorn mare who looked like she was in her 20s. "This is my oldest daughter Ash." The young mare bowed respectfully to Snow and Arial. "She is well trained in magic, but since she was just a filly, she's always had sporadic outburst of fire magic." She paused before continuing, trying not to open old wounds. "I understand the last Elemental Unicorn of Fire was killed, and since you two are experts, maybe you could have a look at Ash? Just in case?"

((This could be the new Fire elemental, if you haven't already made one))

"It would have been you're if you didn't try to murder your own family." Kane replied angrily. "Why have you returned? How do you have the means to wage war?" Silent smirked as he pointed into the distance, as an armada of ships appeared from the horizon. "Maveris. The ponies of the East. Bigger, stronger, and tougher than any Equestrian. I am not their king, but I have United the strongest of their clans into one horde. They revere me as a demigod."

((Just gotta have the fire dragon drop in suddenly and take a liking to Ash))

Arial smiled with glee, "Oh such a gracious day, please come come and we can see what you can do." She said leading off towards the practice grounds, Her excitment for the new elemental was over riding her other concerns.

Trax landed just on land standing before Silents boat, he examined the soldiers who were its crew, "Bruts without a brain to decide their own, no wonder Silent has them leash and collar."

Snow looked over Ash, remembering Storm and his training as the fire elemental. Finally she turned go follow Arial. "You're in good hands, dear. Trust us." She said smiling to Ash. Cadence and Ash followed the pair. "Mother...do you really think it might be me?" She asked. Cadence shrugged but smiled at her daughter. "Your aunt Twilight has given me much information about the Elemental Unicorns over the years, and I think Arial and Snow will have the answer soon enough."

Kane looked at Silent solemnly. "You may be the most notorious traitor in the history of Equestria, but you are still my brother. You have one chance, Silent. Stop this war before it begins, or die." Silent smriked and turned away. "All I do, I do for the good of Equestria. Crushing you like a worm is the saving grace Equestria needs." Kane sighed. "I'll see you on the battlefield then."

A sword landed before Silent stained with blood, Trax landed near them walking towards Kane, "Come let us be off then, and have fun sailing by yourself Silent, your troops were more than welcome to leave you to the afterlife. Soon you will join them." He said darkly, specs of blood dotted his sleeve over his mechanic leg.

Arial lead them around the practice field to where two Fire Acolytes awaited them, they bowed to them respectivley. "Ash, if you can demonstrate what you know on these two, we can see the results. Dont worry about harming them, they may not be able to consum the fire like an Elemental but they can certainly defend well by bending it around them." As she spoke the two stallions took defensive stances. Ventus flew and perched upon one of the ten elemental dragon perches, each with their respective element insignia.

Silent looked over the dead in his ship. "See you soon then." He said coldly before letting the sails down and beginning to sail away on his own. Kane sighed. "I tried, but it seems nothing has changed all these years."

Ash nervously looked back to her mother. Cadence nkdded at her. "It's ok, honey. Go ahead." She said sweetly. Ash looked back to the acolytes and took a deep breath. Her horn lit up and suddenly two massive fire whips wrapped themselves around the acolytes, flailing them wildly in the air before dropping them on the ground. She then fired two blast at each of them and blasted them into the wall. She put a hoof over her mouth. "I'm sorry, was that too much?"

The two acolytes put hooves up signaling they okay, they stood up shaking themselves off still in a daze from the shaking. Arial giggled and praised the two of them before jumping up and down, "Bravo deary bravo, I can see you posses powerful talent. Now just one last trial, the trial by fire." As she finished a giant red dragon landed behind her, it towered over them but kept its fiery gaze on Ash, already the dragon could feel the connection between them.

Trax scoffed, "You would have better luck convincing a rabbit was a snake." 

Ash got into a defensive stance and lit her horn, but stopped when she realized there was some kind of connection between them. She glared at the dragon for a moment before closing her eyes and opening them brightly shining. "Listen to me....do as I say." She said in a commanding tone.

The ship began to sail back to Equestria. Kane looked sad as he leaned over the side looking into the water. "I'm sorry Trax, I shouldn't have blown up on you, or my mother or anybody. So much has happened and it's just getting to me."

"No pony can blame you, this life has thrown much at you, yet you have stood against it and rose to even greater heights. You attempted to show kindness, an honorable quality for a just King." Trax told looking out into the sea.

The Fire Dragon dipped its head down to Ash, "My purpose is to serve you, The Fire Element." It spoke in a deep male voice, "My name is Ignis, and I am to present you with my fire, stay still." He told her before breathing a soft red flame which surrounded her and spiraled up. "As the Fire Elemental, you are able to consume any flame from an outside source and gain more power from it. The more you consum, the more powerful you get for a period of time. Now eat." He instructed softly.

"I'm just worried about how we're going to hold him off. Canterlot still hasn't recovered from the dragon attack. Our forces are spread thin." Kane said, looking back towards the island as it appeared further and further away. "And something tells me those friends he's made don't play around."

Ash closed her eyes and began to absorbed the fire into her horn. She felt the power flowing through her. When she finished consuming it, her eyes were glowing brightly and her mane flowed and flickered as if it were flames. She then turned back to Cadence, Arial and Snow. Snow bodded her approval to the young mare while Cadence teared up a little, proud of her daughter.

Arial cheered with glee, "Oh such a grand day to say the least, come we will see you to your room and get you squared away for your clothes." She said nodding for the two Acolytes to take a break, then sending a couple other Acolytes off to Ashes room to prepare it. Ignis flew to his perch next to Ventus, "Have trouble finding her Ignis?" She asked him slyly, he gave his answer with a faceplam and the two of them chuckled like old friends.

Trax nodded, "Yes his new friends were less than friendly, they attacked violently and were quite skilled, reminds me of gladiator events from long ago. They will prove hard for our troops who are already spread so thin."

Cadence threw her arms around her daughter cheerfully as Ash happy nuzzled her mother. "Oh honey, I'm so proud of you. My daughter is an Elemental." She said, close to tears.

Kane was silent for a moment. "We may need to call on our old friends again."

Trax looked at him, "Old friends? The Elemental Order is still much recovering from great loss as well, with only two Elementals and no more than 50 Acolytes, the Order along with our troops would still not be enough to defend our walls." He looked out to the horizon in deep thought, "I... I do know of somepony who.... might.... offer us aid in this time. But I cannot guarantee a promise."

"During that time as Nightmare Moon, she created a new breed of ponies, ones that would love the night just as much as she did. These ponies were called Batponies, eyes like demons and some with wings like a bat, and fangs as sharp as a blade. They are highly skilled and fight like swift shadows, I have seen even their lowest soldiers take on multiple opponents at once, given the choice to choose their own weapons in which they train relentlessly to master. If they werent so neutral and hidden, they would be a force unmatched by even our once great force. Silent would not stand a chance with his barbaric horde. However there is one problem with the Batponies." Trax said sighed as he had already tried and failed. 

"Their King is a Noble one, but he puts his subjects above all else, I cant promise he will lend us aid. But he is worth a visit to attempt persuasion, perhaps meeting another King will change his mind." Trax told Kane as he turned to look at him.

"His name is Shadow Moon, he was the right hoof of Nightmare Moon, he and four others were given special weapons that give them emmense power. Only three are still alive today; Shadow Moon, His younger Brother Bloodline, and Shadows wife Echo Nightflower. Those three alone can rival Me and your Father, but they never came out of the shadows, The King has made it so that their existence was thought to be gone. I met them when I was just a young stallion, I helped Shadow defeat a treacherous Batpony who was one of the five, prevented Blackstar from taking control and leading a batpony army against Canterlot. Afterwards Shadow asked me to keep their existence a secret from the outside world. They were quite saddened when they heard of Lunas death, Shadow decided that day that Batponies would forever remain hidden from the world, shrouded in a shadowy peace." Trax nodded, "No doubt he will at least heed your words Kane, you have a hidden talent for making lifelong friends."

Kane was silent for a moment as he took in the information. He knew Canterlot was too weak to stand alone, but he had to take a chance. A secretary came up to Kane. "Your highness, what are your orders?" Kane looked at him. "I'm going to speak with the Batpony King." The guards and servants around him gasped in surprise. Kane turned back to Trax. "Where is their city?"