Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"We don't have that much time." Kane said, trying to think of a faster way. He looked up at the Elemental Castle and saw a dragon descending towards them. "I have an idea."

Snow was riding on Ledus heading for Canterlot, she wanted to inform Kane that a new elemental was found. She held on carefully to avoid harming herself or her baby.

Kane nodded with a smile. "Yes, wonderful news indeed." He said, glad the order was finally starting to come back. "Hey Snow, would it be alright if Ledus assisted me for a moment?" Snow looked up at Ledus, silently communicating with her, the dragon seemed to nod in agreement. "She says yes. Where are you going?" Kane looked to the distance and sighed. "To Vampireece."

Ledus landed by a dark tunnel in the woods, dropping Kane off to the ground. He looked down the tunnel of black thorns, not an ounce of fear in him. "If I'm not back in three hours....assume the worst." He said to Ledus. He proceeded down the the tunnel with a torch lit, ready to face the bat ponies.

From the thorn forest several black cloaked ponylike figures stepped out bearing their respected weapons, one stepped forward carrying himself like a natural born leader, he had a devilsh looking katana that gave off a shadowy dark radiance. "Your treading towards dangerous land, turn back now if you hold value to your life, King Kane of Equestria." He said warningly.

Kane drew his sword and pointed it at the bar ponies surrounding him. "If you value yours, you will stand down and take me to your king. I have no time to waste on you fledglings." He said without fear, asserting his dominance over them.

None made a sound a moved an inch, the lead one stepped forward to stand just a step away from Kanes face. A strong wind gusted from behind Kane blowing over the lead ones head revealing his face. A silver and black crown circlet atop his head, his eyes like amber gem stones, his posture striaghtened up and stood taller than Kane glaring down on him. "Bold words from a King with family trouble." Shadow spoke with a tone cold as Blacks ice, "Unlike your brother I have a heart, I'll at least hear you out." He said turning around and starting down the thorn tunnel, the other bat ponies flipped their hoods back and formed around Kane ushering him behind Shadow.

Kane sheathed his sword and followed Shadow through the tunnel towards Vampireece. "Always with the scare tactics I see." He commented as they finally neared the gates. He looked up at the massive walls, wondering how such a large city could remain so hidden.

Shadow did not turn to look at him as the gates opened upon their Kings return, "In order to protect my ponies from harm, I have made sure that any soul who dare treads down that path with the wrong intention, is met with their end. The last outsider who stepped within these walls was a dear friend of mine, as I have heard he still breaths within your Kingdom." He said sternly as he lead them on through the gates. Inside the hidden city flourished with laughter and kind voices, fillies and colts played in the streets cheering with joy. Suddenly upon seeing their King they parted to line the sides of the street spreading word down, their beloved King has returned. "Even when you were but gone for hours, they praise you as if it had been years." The Bat pony Soldier to Kanes left said as he watched the crowed cheer his name. Shadow smiled slightly causing the crowed to roar in rejoice.

As they neared the steps of the castle in Vampireece, another bat pony royal came to greet them. He stared at Kane with confusion. "Brother, why is this outsider here?" Bloodline asked. Kane raised an eyebrow at him. "That's King Outsider to you, friend."

"Be at ease my brother, this is King Kane of Equestria, he has come to negotiate us to lending him aid. Seems his sibling rivalry surpases even ours." Shadow added in the joke to Bloodline, they did have quite a rivalry when they sparr against each other during their practice routines. Even betted against each other in gladiator games they held when ever bands of raiders fell prey to their scouting parties. In which the Raiders were blindfolded and then brought into the arena within the city, never allowed to step out of the arena, the last pony standing was set free far from the City with no memory of where they were when they were captured.

Blood and Kane looked at each other for a long time. Finally Blood nodded. "Fine, lets hear what he has to say." Blood said, turning and heading back for the palace. "Don't want to keep Echo waiting do we, brother?" He teased with a smirk.

Shadow ignored the tease from his brother but longed to see his Queen. As they entered the castle and into the main hall, a young colt and younger fillie ran to Shadow, A beautiful mare stepped from one of the hallways carrying a small foal in a cloth sling around her neck and shoulder. "It is good to see you returned from patrol." She said before sharing a kiss with Shadow, "I couldnot bare to be away from you for too long. Take the foals to the play room Echo, we have important topic to discuss." He told her gently nodding towards Kane. Echo kissed his cheek, "Yes my love." She said before taking the two foals off down the hall. Shadow lead them to the back where the throne was, it sat magnificently, the same throne in which Nightmare Moon attempted to rule Equestria in. Shadow sat himself into it and put a hoof up to rest his head on, "Very well, you have my attention, now speak."

((Where's Killjoy? I figured he'd want to take part in this, seeing as how he seemed to have more planed for Radz))

Blood stood next to his brother's throne and glared at Kane. Kane took a breath before speaking. "My wayward brother, Silent Night, who was banished long ago for attempting to assassinate my parents and the princesses, has been slowly preparing his revenge, and now is in position to invade Equestra. He has united the strongest tribes and clans of Maveris, home of the Mavericks. They're bigger, stronger, and meaner than any normal pony of Equestria. He commands a horde mighty enough to wipe out Canterlot, and we don't have the power to defend ourselves at the moment due to the dragon attacks." Kane paused for a moment as Blood kept glaring at him, not trusting the mortal king. "I know this means nothing to you, but understand that if Canterlot falls, he will come for Vampireece next."

"He would be more than foolish to even attempt set hoof on this land. Much like you, I will do anything to protect my ponies, and this city that My brother and I have built for our kind." Shadow told him before looking at Blood, "Brother, I would have your thought on the matter." He asked wisely.

Blood glared at Kane before stepping forward. "You are the son of Soulscream, are you not?" He asked Kane. Kane raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I am." Blood continued to glare at him. "The son of a savage comes to beg for our aid. Brother, how many bat ponies have fallen to the blades of the Nightwatch? How many of our people has Soulscream murdered, claiming to be a follower of our Night Princess?" He turned away from Kane. "You have to understand, those bat ponies served Black, he was an enemy and-" Blood shot him a glare before he could finish. "It matters not. Those who served him still had families that suffered. Brother, I would not shed a single drop of blood for his kingdom."

((I have a plan if you want Shadow to turn Kane down as well))

((I was going to turn him down then help after Traxs passing, to honor a noble friend.))

"Despite my Brother using old wounds, I am in agreement, I will not risk the lives of my ponies. Especially when it is not our war." Shadow said standing up, "You have your answer, you may be on your way, dont return unless it is something I should really give thought to."

((I actually had a better idea. I was going to have some of Silent's men come in and attack Echo which would make Shadow want to join the fight.))

Kane stared at the brothers for a long moment before sighing and turning to leave. "Then may you have better luck than we do when Silent's horde comes and knocks down your door." He said, walking away without another word.

((Alright, but they were lead in by a follower of Blackstar, which would account for them getting in))

Shadow stayed slient as he watched Kane leave, this is the Phoenix King Trax had envisioned all those years ago, fabled to bring peace to Equestria for generations to come. "Brother, take a patrol out to scan the border again." He ordered not taking his eyes off Kane as he left.

Blood nodded as he went to gather soldiers for a patrol.

Several large ponies had just entered the city through a secret passage in the wall. A bat pony stood waiting for them. "You're inside, now honor the agreement." He said to Silent's men.