Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"It is an honor to finally meet you Sire, we are new to this kingdom so we've been tasked with learning its history." Lauxs explained bowing slightly, Nara glanced at Laxus then at Kane before he bowed too.

Kane waved a hoof. "No need to bow, friends. I may have a title and authority, but I'm no different than either of you. I bleed red blood just like everypony else." He looked back at the several elegant tombstones of legends past, including those in his own family. "You've come to the right place if you're looking for history. The Catacombs of the Nightwatch are the resting place of many legends." He walked over to the largest of the tombs, a statue of an alicorn raising the moon. "There she is, Princess Luna. Our Goddess of the Night. I can only imagine what divinity she holds now in the afterlife."

"we'll only know when the icy cold hand of death grabs hold of us." Radz said standing behind the group. "Though it brings me great pain that the only one who knew what Luna was truly like had fallen way before her time." she brushed her hoof on Killjoy's tomb. "I don't think I'll ever get used to coming here, it's always sad really...then I try to think of the happy memories which never work, it just makes me miss them more." she went by all the statues "There is one thing that isn't so bad, I never get tired of telling the stories."

Kane noticed the young ponies getting uncomfortable. "Would you two like to hear some history? The war my father, Killjoy, Trax and many others took part in is one of Equestria's defining moments." He said in a somewhat better tone.

Kane looked back to Luna's tomb. Next to it was Killjoy's, a reminder of their love that few knew about. "When Luna became Nightmare Moon, she gained quite a large following. Among her followers were the original Nightwatch, an elite fighting force that did serious damage to Celestia's forces. When Nightmare Moon was banished to the moon for a thousand years, the Nightwatch split in half. One half changed their loyalty to Celestia, while the other half went into hiding. Over the course of a thousand years, the Nightmare Nightwatch went from a band of warriors creating a settlement to a massive fortified city. This became the Lunar Republic. The Celestial Nightwatch continued to serve Canterlot, but continued their traditions as warriors of the night. When Luna returned and was freed of the Nightmare, she took over the Canterlot Nightwatch, and over time they became several fathoms more elite than before, and now fought in the name of the Moon Princess." Kane stopped to let his guests digest that information.

((Sorry, gotta take pauses like that. Typing all this on a phone tires your hand after a while.))

"The Lunar Republic began to launch attacks on Canterlot, due to the belief they held that Luna was being mind controlled by Celestia and that she should return to power again. The Nightwatch led the counter attacks and the defense against the Republican forces. Among them were Killjoy, one of the greatest captains in Nightwatch history, and my father, Soulsceam. Killjoy was once a general in Celestia's Solar Army while my father was once an elite assassin for the Republic, having switched sides after seeing the atrocities the Republic committed. After a devestating attack on Canterlot, the two of them set out to gather more forces, and that's when Trax and Tavi came into the picture."

((Feel free to correct me when I get something wrong. Man, bringing back memories from the first thread. Nostalgia. Lol))

((Lol doing good and yeah i feel ya))

Nara losy some interest as the talk about them night was less and less, but he kept listening. Laxus took a moment to arrange the info then quickly paid more attention.

"Do not forget the most interesting part, you do forget that only a handful of ponies know about the great secret Killjoy and Luna kept. Of course after their death, the news spread but only a little. It was in between this time that the purest and most passionate romance came between the Captain and the Princess of the night herself. A love so strong that Cadence and Shining's love was dwarfed in comparison." Radz said wishing she could have seen such wonder

"That is also the saddest part of the tale." Kane said to Radz. "Trax and Tavi were involved with several organizations, and with some convincing they joined our cause. But while the team was away from Canterlot, a changeling swarm led by Chrysalis invaded Canterlot, and our beloved Princess was murdered. They say Killjoy's cries of pain were heard throughout the city and beyond."

"Sad indeed, according to Trax, she was never the same after that. She was already a violent one, filled with anger and hate...Luna's death made Killjoy dead inside, colder than the last circle of hell. She was like that until something came that we will get too later on in the story. Right now, the empire had a score to settle." Radz said implying the big battle that turned the tides of war.

"Killjoy's brother Firestorm, who was the general of the Republican armies, had forsaken the ideals of the Republic and planned to conquer Equestria for himself. An alliance of Canterlot, the Crystal Empire and Trax and Tavi's organizations was formed, and plans were made to march on the capital. It was in this time my father met Princess Twilight Sparkle, my mother." Kane said, looking to the statue of his father on his tomb.

((I just realized how boring this is for you. Lol. I'll speed it up and he can tell them more later.))

"Long story short, the combined forces attacked the Lunar Republic together and took over the city. Firestorm and the Overlord of the Republic were killed and Killjoy brutally ended Chrysalis. There was finally peace again. The next 20 years led to Killjoy becoming the grandmaster of the Nightwatch, my father becoming the new captain and eventually the Battlemaster, and Trax and Tavi began the Sentinel project. But those are stories for another day, my friends." Kane said, finishing the story.