[Dragon] Yuri [Ready]

Zeig

aNYuKCs.png

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Yuri

Sex: Female

Species: Eastern Dragon

Eye colour: Soft pink

Scales: Pure white, with a spattering of purple and pink along her back and legs

Hair: Yuri's hair is thin and fine, and runs along her entire body to end in a flaring tail. With her ability to manipulate wind, her hair maintains a wild and uncontrolled look, as if it is constantly being pulled back and forth by a gentle breeze. The young dragon also has a habit of wearing a small, dark pink charm alongside the side of her head, a good luck charm from her parents.

Physique: Slender, lithe, and elongated, Yuri's body is built for speed and unsuited for strength. Like many dragons that hail from the lands east of Equestria, Yuri more resembles a serpent twisting through the air rather than the more commonly seen winged dragons in Equestria.

Residence: Formally Amani, though she travels very often.

Occupation: None. Yuri is still maturing into a full grown dragon, and as such doesn't have a job to hold down as she travels around. Thanks to her time in Mti Nguvu however, Yuri makes for a decent herbalist, and specializes in healing salves and potions.

History: Born across the sea east of Equestria, Yuri remembers next to nothing of her homeland. Eager to move away from the growing dragon population, Yuri's parents decided to move across the sea to the Zebra lands of Unyasi, hearing of their open, natural landscapes and low levels of settlements. Despite the initial trepidation and suspicions of the lands inhabitants, Yuri's family made it clear they were only looking for a simple life, and were soon welcomed among the zebra tribes as respectful settlers of the beautiful lands.

And beautiful lands are what Yuri grew up in. Eventually settling in the peaceful town of Amani, the white dragon spent her younger years exploring the breathtaking scenery and flying across grassy green fields. It became a common sight to see Yuri playing with zebra foals along the sandy beaches, or racing and weaving between forest trees. When she was older, Yuri and her parents took a trip up to Mti Nguvu, where Yuri spent some time learning herbalism from the master brewers that lived in the mystical city.

Despite her idyllic upbringing, Yuri became naturally curious of the world outside of Amani and beyond Unyasi - especially of a country called Equestria, a place that zebras spoke of often. Yuri soon became enchanted with the idea of setting out on her own to explore this fabled land, and experience the strange adventures that were said to occur there. With her simplistic and minimalistic upbringing, Yuri has become entirely comfortable living off the land as she explores her new surroundings, and shows no signs of slowing down her journey to learn.

Character Summary: With a bright personality and curious nature, there are few to no ponies that find it easy to ignore the dragon from Amani. Yuri is a generally cheerful and friendly dragon, eager to meet new faces and get to know others. Eager and raring to learn, there is almost nothing that can bring the young dragon slowing down to a halt. Emotions are easily read on her face, as she has no concept of keeping her feelings and thoughts hidden from others. Luckily for her, friendly ponies are nearly always ready to help her along her journey, leaving Yuri rather carefree and mellow in her day to day life.

With her secluded and sheltered upbringing, Yuri is naive to many things that most others take for granted. She could be charged three times the current price for bread without her being any wiser, just as easily as she can be taken in by the first sob story she hears. Though not unintelligent, Yuri is definitely not very learned, leaving her to flounder in many situations. She can be rather dense and oblivious, allowing sarcasm and subtle word play to sail straight over her head, along with modern phrases or slang words.

Yuri's dragon heritage has left its mark on her, however. As with almost all dragons, Yuri has a greedy streak that she has mostly grown out of, but can still crop up in certain situations. Her obsessions seem to center around any and all opals, though black opals - the rarest of its type - are her absolute favorite. Seeing one can cause her to become almost possessed in her desire to have it. Very rare or magical plants also stoke her envy. Despite her normally bright personality, Yuri also has a bit of a temper on her. Slow to burn, the dragon can explode seemingly without warning, though she almost always feels guilty afterwards.

Unlike most dragons born and raised in Equestria though, Yuri cannot control, create, or manipulate fire. Instead, she has a special affinity for wind and air. Yuri is able to use her dragon magic for other things, such as blasting compressed pockets of air from her mouth, but she mainly uses her magic on air currents to allow her swift and twisting movements as she flies. Her abilities also make her faster and more agile than most other dragons her age.

I think this app looks really great! Super creative and well written. I hesitated for a moment on the having no wings and flying part since there is lore referring to winged air dragons and earth wingless dragons. The SRPH might want to go over that a little but I think it will be ok.

I look forward to seeing this character in action!

That's fine. I asked a RP staff member if it was allowed and he said yes, so hopefully it'll all work out. If it does turn out to be a problem, then my back up plan was to say her control over wind magic allows her flight. But I guess we'll see what a SRP says. Thanks for the review!

Also, I edited the last paragraph of her character summary to expand a bit more on her dragon magic over wind. Basically, she can use it offensively if she needs/wants to, but it's not very strong. She's better at using magic to manipulate air currents, which makes her very fast and agile - and twisty!

Archived