Burning Wings

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zed sighed and shrugged. "Guys, I'm fine. I can handle a little bit more walking. My tolerance is a lot higher than most, I think I'll be fine. Let's just go to Shadow's place. Again, no offense, Discord, but I don't think my mind is stable enough at the moment." He was exhausted and on the verge of a mental breakdown, despite having been healed up not five minutes before. "Let's just get going. And thank you, Shadow, for allowing me to rest up at your place."

"This is looking like the beginning line on a bad joke"brave said as he stretched his leathery wings

"Two bat ponies, a changeling, and a draconequus walk into the everfree forest. And Zed stands there and wonders why they ran into the trees."

(Wow that was a bad joke...maybe it was so bad it will make somepony laugh)

((Made me!))

Shadow nodded as her horn lit up and an door in a tree trunk opened up.

"Sorry it's small Zed, I don't get many...visitors," she smiled before stepping through and opening up on the other side was a magnificent house, a small river flowers and a few birds.

"Home sweet home, come on in!" She said as she stepped through her pinkish barrier. The house was painted a dark blue to blend in as well as the green from her flower pots to assist in just that. It has stars over and paintings of the Princesses surrounding it.

"Not that bad after all, I'm quite a lover for the Arts, we sleep and then we shall leave the Everfree by foot at sundown, it'll cause less comotion," Shadow paused as she opened the door with her magic revealing bookshelves, easels, outfits and material on her workshop side of the room. It was neat and tidy just like she left it.

"Discord can you please make some pillows and blankets, we can all sleep in the front room, I'd feel bad sleeping upstairs in my bed when Zed needs it," she smiled as she removed her saddle bags.

Rhenn stopped at the door and didn't take a step further. "I'll take watch fer timberwolves through th' night."

Whether he was being conscious of everyone's safety, focusing on only his mission, or making an excuse not to enter Coccoon's house, was unevident. But either way, it would be a comfort of sorts.

"As a group, we'd be makin' a smell that could attract a whole group 'f wolves. I'm 'wake 'nuff t' last th' night, not t' mention th' moon's my sunshine." Rhenn turned after speaking and flew up to a nearby branch that would be a sufficient vantage point. He left no time for replies, obviously not wanting objections to his self-appointed position.

Zed stepped into the house, blinking in surprise at the unusual coloration. He looked around at the paintings on the wall, rubbing his chin. "So... That's Princess Celestia?" He asked. "Her mane is beautiful." He glanced back out at Rhenn when he volunteered to stay up and keep watch. "Sounds like a plan." Zed said, yawning. Usually, he liked to stay up at night, but this time he was a little too exhausted to do so. At Shadow's offer, he shook his head. "Oh, I'll be fine sleeping on the couch or something. I'd feel guilty if I took your bed from you." He said.

"A photo, or course not! No one is lucky to get a photo close enough unless you are the Guard, no I simply painted it," she laughed before turning to Zed.

"Oh don't worry I wouldn't mind! Take the bed it'll be big enough," Shadow Cocoon breathed in before her body morphed into one of Luna's.

"Thsi is where I get it from," she smirked before lowering the lights and closing the blinds to shield from the day time.

"Everyone let's sleep, by the time day finishes it'll me at least midnight, well move out then, sound like a plan?" She asked as she waited for Discord on duty for blankets and pillows.

Her body turned back into herself

Shield didn't like that shadow impersonated princess luna just to have a painting of here but the craftsmanship of it was so good he'll let it slide

"Thank you for your hospitality" shield said to the changeling then continued to look at the other paintings

Shadow turned around. "Of course I do, when I built this house there were two of us before he had to to, so yes a second room but it's full of my crafts," Shadow said as her horn began to levitate the extra art stuff in her living room and up the stairs.

"I have an empty basement but you wouldn't want to go in there," Shadow turned around and begun to push the couch over and create a large amount of room.

"It's no different than in the Guards sleeping room is it? Like one massive slumber party, come on let's sleep we've got to stay up through the night and head to the Princess!"

Zed chuckled. "Just like a slumber party..." He said, stretching and yawning. It felt amazing that he could stretch without worrying about his scars bothering him. He looked around the house for a moment, at first being lost in the paintings, before he finally asked; "Well... If you insist.. Could you show me where the room is?"

Zed followed Shadow up the staircase and gawked for a moment at the largeer room and bed. Once again, the boy felt the urge to deny her offer, but the bed looked too inviting to pass up. "It's amazing." He said, walking in. "Thanks again for helping us out, Shadow. It really means a lot." He returned the smile.

Rhenn was atop the highest part of the house watching for any nearby movement. He spotted nothing but Shield as he trotted out of the building. Rhenn considered calling down to the general, but decided that loud noises in the night did nothing to strike fear into timberwolves' souls.

Rhenn screeched inaudibly to Shield in echolocation once again glad to have such a useful privilege. "Ahoy! On th' roof, mate! I see nothin' 'f conc'rn as of now."

Hoping that taking care of business immediately would earn himself some more time to sit alone and think, Rhenn moved to the tip-top of the building and took visual sweeps across the uncertain walls of the forest that surrounded the house like a siege on a castle holding valuable loot. It was odd at the least, for the trees now looked as if they were leaning inward toward Coccoon's preparing for a charge. An eerie feeling blanketed upon Rhenn as he observed that the wood was seemingly collapsing in on them. I really do need t' get 'way from all this...

((I thought it was miday and the group were going  to sleep until dark because it would be better to travel by dark?))

Shadow nodded and smiled up at him. "Oh no problem it's an honour to be called out for the help of others, especially of the Princesses themselves, now then we all must sleep for the resy of daylight because I believe we are travelling by dark to hide...you," she finished off cautiously not wanting to offend the Creature.

((not really it would be more dangerous to travel in the everfree at night))

Shield flicked his ears to Rhenn in confirmation.

(i don't like this it feels like something big is about to happen)

shield then started to fly towards a large tree near by and perch on a large branch

((Yes, the Everfree is far more perilous at night. But what I'm wondering is where you got the idea that I thought it might be nighttime? I don't beleive I specified any times in my last post. Maybe I did before... I dunno. But either way, you are right, InSaNiTy. Daytime it is, we would best be staying for the night though and leave in the morning.))

((Rhenn considered calling down to the general, but decided that loud noises in the night did nothing to strike fear into timberwolves' souls. Oh right so what shall we do then? Just say we all slept and then wake up in the morning or wait for the others to post???))

((Rhenn considered calling down to the general, but decided that loud noises in the night did nothing to strike fear into timberwolves' souls. Oh right so what shall we do then? Just say we all slept and then wake up in the morning or wait for the others to post???))

((Heh, I mussed that up. Sorry. It's still totally daytime xP))

((I say we wait for the others, and also stop flooding this place with OOC :P ))

ShadowShield had fallen asleep at some point in the middle of the night

(i hate staying up all day) he thought as he started to wake up

he was upside down in the large tree from last night

Shield started to get up and stretch his wing and sighing as both joints poped

then he froze as a fimiler stench wafted from the north

(oh come on i just woke up do i really have to deal with this) he pleaded with the world for what he smelled was timberwolves. eight if he was guessing right

Archived