Burning Wings

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"TOLD YOU" shield yelled from the forest

as brave walked he stretched his wings cursing himself for falling asleep in that tree and not hanging off of it instead of laying on it

"why did you have to go and do that?" he asked himself stretching his wing even further into an awkward position to get the knot in his shoulder out

as he tried and tried again with no avail he decided to make a quick detour to Zecoras to see if she had something for it

"with the rate they're going i could make two trips there" he noted

Zed sighed and stroked the timberwolf's head, his eyes no longer glowing as they had been a few seconds ago. "No offense, but I don't really want to choose any at the moment. The only option I can think of at the moment is getting to... What was it called again? Ponyville? Yeah, that's it." He said, before whispering something to the Timberwolf in front of him, and they all dispersed. "All right, let's go." He chuckled suddenly. "Rhenn totally didn't believe me when I told him I was an angel. I wonder what his reaction would be."

Shadow looked at Discord with a small smile before seeing Shield walk off in the direction of Zecora's. "Oh dear, he'll get lost, I have 5o use magic because I have cast a spell to hide my house from other ponies, except Zecora," her horn lit up which as Shield walked away, opened the bushes to the left of him with a creak.

"That way, follow the path and bend round, when you past a hidden jewel in a tree, you won't see anything from behind you!" she called out quickly as she turned to everypony else.

"Let us make our bags and get moving,"

---

Zecora begun to brew a small remedy as she added purple seeds, small roots of unusual plants and stirred constantly as she did so.

"My oh my the sun is hot, I better grab some cooling plants from the very best spot," she opened her window and door as she poured it into one of her many flask in the room.

As shield walked up he noticed a window being opened

"Hay Zacora you have anything muscle knots?"he asked the striped mare with a smile that reviled his sharp fangs

Zecora saw the Stallion walked forward and she saw it was the Areion from earlier.

"Hello dear Brave shield I see your are in pain, come inside otherwise your eyes shall strain," she knew mostly everything about Areion and her eyes searched the shelves quickly before finding something that would help.

"Here, drink this quickly then rub this on, that is how a muscle knot comes undone," Zecora spoke in her usual rhymes as she passed a heard like cream and a small vile over to him.

"Thanks Zacora. And you know I'm Shadow Shield when I'm an Areion." Shield thanked then noted

(I know she and the princesses are the only ones I trust with that info but it's still weird being called brave shield after being called Shadow Shield for so long)

"Well, that takes care of that." Zed mumbled to himself, waving at Zecora from outside of the hut. Even though she helped him purely out of the kindness of her heart, the boy still had a nagging feeling like he owed her. It was how he was; anyone who helps him, he would gladly return the favor sometime in the future. "So..." He said to Shadow. "What will Celestia do with me once we arrive? She won't have me put in forced confinement or anything, will she?"

Shadow jumped a little at zed's voice then imediently went on the defensive

"How much did you hear!" He said with a vary angry face

"And where are the others!" He then looked around to see no pony else

Zecora also jumped at Zed's sudden appearance. "Hello Zed nice to see you again, I see your pain has come to an end," she smirked at Brave/Shadow with a slight chuckle before returning inside her hut.

--

Shadow Cocoon turned to the other ponies. "Hey guys, let's start packing for he trip, the quicker we leave the better," Shadow had packed her stuff and it was already on her back as was the disguise for Zed.

"Just say the word and we'll head out, well grab Zed and Brave on the way,"

Zed grinned a bit at their reaction to his sudden appearance, even though he had no intention of scaring them. He looked curiously at Brave, not exactly sure why he would be so angry. "I didn't really hear anything worth listening to, to be honest." He said, nodding at Zecora. "Yeah, I'm feeling much better thanks to you. And... I apologize. I didn't mean to startle anyone. I should really clear my throat before I speak." He said with a chuckle. Though, his gift for stealth might be useful at some point...

"All right, I'm ready. I don't really have any belongings, so there's no need for me to pack anything."

Shadow shield gave zed a look that said that he wasn't sure to believe him

"Good but if you did and you say anything to anypony dragon or changeling I will personally make sure you don't sleep at night cause I will hunt you down and kill you" brave threatened, his pupils shrinking to slits

He then backed off of zed and started towards the trail "come on we should be waiting on the trail so they don't completely pass us" he said like nothing had happened in the passed five minutes

((Btw shield is only acting like this cause ponies could target his family if his identity was leaked))

"Also I don't know but she wants to meet you so your to meet her" shield told zed as he walked past a group of poison joke

"And don't touch that" shield noded his head towards the bright blue plants

"Kill me? Well, that seems rather rash, don't you think?" He said, tilting his head in curiosity. What was the Arieon hiding that was so important to him? Either way, threatening the life of an angel was not a wise thing to do. However, Zed was known for his patience. "You do know I'm immortal, right?" He said, stepping around the patch of poison joke. "No matter. If there was something you wanted to keep a secret, then all you had to do was tell me. No need to shout threats."

Shield had lost his head and was calmer

"sorry i'm......really protective of my family i dont want them to be hurt." he told zed as he stoped at the fork in the trail where they would wait for the rest of them

Rhenn marched up to the others wearing the costume he was given to clear Ponyville's population off the streets. The dragon tail was crafted with great detail and was convincingly real, but his thoughts still remained:

"On a scale from one t' ten, how stupid do I look?"

This has got t' be th' most r'dicul'us thing I've ever been assign'd t' do.

"Fair enough." The boy replied, his face softening a bit. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he suddenly became lost in thought. He knew that he was human before he became the Guardian of the Ethereal realm, but he had absolutely no memory of it. Aside from the dreams of car accidents, he had absolutely no idea what his previous life consisted of. The main thing that bothered him was whether or not he had his own family. Of course, he had no idea what it was like. His entire life as a guardian had consisted of nothing but travel, protect, and negotiate. "So, why is Rhenn in Ponyville again?"

Shields shoulders started to rise and fall like he was laughing "to get ponies off the streets so they bumbard you with stupid questions"

He told him as he sat down to wait for the rest

Shadow burst out laughing, as she followed dup behind and everypony was there in the fork of the road.

"So then, everypony ready? We shall head carefully around the back whisky Rhenn distracts very ohers pony," she chuckled slightly before stepping forwards.

--

Midnight yawned and woke up during the small amount of time she rested, and heard a familiar voice along with another female and 3 maybe 4 males?

She heard the sarcastic comment from her one and only special some pony and darted out of her house at full speed towards Shadow.

"Brave! Oh your here! Why didn't you tell me!" She few straight into him and hugged Shadow, she licked his snout and kissed his cheeks before realising all his friends were there.

"Oh er hi!"

--

Shadow saw a purple blur and jumped for the hills before realising it was the other Areion she knew off. "Midnight! Dear Luna! Look at you!"

((wait.....did she jump at shield or your other charicter?))

Shield was imminently caught off guard by midnights sudden apperence

"what th-" he started before he was takled

as he was assaulted by the mare he loved he did a mental gps on where they were and realized that his house wasn't that far off

as she stopped attacking him said "i was planing on seeing you after i finished my current mission" he said before he kissed her cheek

((Yours!))

Midnight chuckled, before hovering off of him and landing. "Well, I heard you all because you're so loud and why is there a bunch of Areions, Shadow and WHO IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA ARE YOU! DID YOU COME FROM THE PORTAL!" she jumped and zipped around Zed looking at him with a suprised look.

"You better of, I was getting bored, I'm sending my letter off tomorrow but seeing as you all are heading to Canterlot, I'm tagging along!"

Archived