Burning Wings

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Thank you. Why is he acting like this?" the pegasus asked Brave, flying as fast as she could toward the bridge he'd indicated. "And what do you mean, a 'giant red dragon?' Isn't Discord a draconequus?"

"A distraction?" Fluttershy repeated. "From what...?" She frowned slightly as she flew as fast as she could towards the embodiment of chaos.

"This is crazy. I feel like I should do something." Zed said to himself with a small sigh. By now, all of the ponies have returned to their homes, and it looked safe enough... Aside from the giant red dragon. "I'm going out there. I'll see if I can talk some sense into Discord." He said. He stepped off of the train and ran out into the open, but stopped immediately upon seeing the yellow Pegasus. So much for staying hidden.

"Well I know keeping secrets are important, but I can't help much if I don't know what's going on," the mare said, her brow furrowed in clear concern.

looking back to her "well all you really need to know right now is that discord needs to be calmed down so midnight can escape and discord don't destroy the town" he said putting a smile on to try to keep her attention

"Wait, who's Midnight?" the pastel yellow pony wanted to know. "And...what are they escaping from? And Discord would never destroy a whole town! He - "

She hesitated as she caught sight of a peculiar creature running out of a train and looking up at her. The feel of stares was something she knew all too well. "Um...hello?" she greeted tentatively, uncertain about this new stranger. Suddenly she wanted to be back in her cottage, safe and sound. There were too many new ponies around for her to feel comfortable, especially without knowing what was going on.

((Zed looks like a human btw))

"Midnight's my wife and she's in discord's claw. And either way he's big enough that he'll destroy something"

Then he noticed that she saw zed

"And that's who the distraction's for" brave said his shoulders sagging and a defeated look being slapped on his face

((Oh. I didn't see that anywhere and no one told me that. Well, edited.))

The more answers she was given, the more confused Fluttershy got. "But what would make him do such a thing? And why does he have your wife?" she wanted to know.

Glancing back at Zed, she asked, "...Why him? Is he a friend, or an enemy?" Her volume dropped. "...Did he do something to make Discord angry?"

His name is zed and he needs to get to town hall discord is making, an excessive, distraction and we need him to stop but he isn't listening my wife....I'm not sure it happend when I was getting you from your cottage and before I lost you near downtown

((It was mentioned near the begining of the RP))

((I only read the first post. I read something about a banished angel, but I assumed it was an angel pony or something, not a humanoid angel.))

"Why does he need to do that?" Fluttershy asked, suddenly suspicious. If this Zed person had been trying to hide from her and if he'd been the cause of Discord's anger, suddenly she wasn't so sure she wanted to help him out. What if he was evil with horrible intentions? She didn't even know what, exactly, he was!

"Were you using Discord?!" she demanded, shocked at the very idea. If so, it was no wonder that the draconequus was angry! "Does he know?"

"ugh! celestia wants to meet zed shes in town hall all i know is that my wife is in discords claw zed's not at town hall and discord seams to be on a rampage!" he yelled at her his irritation of all that has happened in the last hour finally blowing up.

but at the wrong pony.

"Fluttershy im sorry im just really stressed" he apologized to her as she coward away from him

This... This is getting out of hand. The boy thought to himself. "If I may intervene..." He said, stepping forward. "No, I'm not an enemy. No, I never angered Discord. And no, no one used him. He tried to cause a distraction so I could go unnoticed, but he ended up causing too much of one. It was really an accident. I believe you're the only one who can talk some sense into him, or at least make him let Midnight go." He walked over and pat Brave on the shoulder. "And you. Calm down, it's been stressful for all of us."

"'Been stressful'. That's quite th' und'rstatem'nt." Rhenn chimed in again to make sure everypony still knew he hadn't gone mute.

Of course, Rhenn said nothing else. (What an enthusiastic participant in the situation)

"thanks" brave said to zed, shoulders slouching again

then realizing that he and fluttershy had been close enough to the ground for brave to have landed

(when did that happen) he thought

nopony knew how old brave was even midnight didn't truly know but he was getting old enough that the silver in his unicorn mane would be starting to get stripy and the gray on his muzzle was starting to get more visible. but he knew all this stress want helping.

(me and midnight are going on vacation after this if it kill's me.....witch it probably will) he gave himself that joke to lighten his mood and he began to smile again

Midnight was bored and she looked down to see Rhenn, the Areion. "Heya! How's the Guard in Canterlot?" She called out from above wanting to talk to some pony at least.

--

Shadow Cocoon chuckled at the chaos before her. "Oh what a fantastic sight, one simply can't miss," she continued smiling as she walked along the dirt path towards the town hall.

"Princess Celestia? We need your help," her body changed to her original Changeling form to prove it was really Shadow and not just a random pony.

"there is discord" brave told fluttershy looking to where midnight yelled at Rhenn from

(honestly he's not that hard to see)

"midnight how you holding up?" brave asked hopping she was still ok

Backing away from Brave, Fluttershy bumped into Zed with a small, "Oof!". She whirled to face him, frightened, but stayed close enough to hear what he had to say. She wasn't sure what was going on - why Celestia was involved or who Discord was trying to distract or why a distraction was even needed or why he had a pony in his grasp - but she nodded silently at Zed and sped toward her friend. At least she could try to calm him if nothing else.

((Who's playing Celestia, I'm presuming you Alex?))

Midnight shouted out as she waved her hoof with a nod. "I'm pretty good, I've handled worst, like the Frozen Hearth, Forest Fires, Timberwolves, Luna's Guard, wars, a few miniscule battles, Badlands, you know what I'm saying, this isn't too bad," Midnight leant her head back before wondering what else to do.

"Baltimare, Manehatt'n, Vanhoover... Now here. I don' really know how th' guard 's doin' in Can'erlot, but I can darn right say it's rollin' smoother th'n this." Rhenn replied to Midnight. "An' I sure hope leave 's grant'd t' me, cuz I ain't got th' patience t' go anywhere but home now."

Now that Zed was at Ponyville, and a ruckus couldn't really be avoided; Rhenn gained a mind to just leave right about then. The only thing that stayed him was the fact that if the objective arrived without the one who was sent for it, things might not go over all too well for him.

Celestia lifted her head up towards the voice which has called out to hers and her horn lit up the surrounding lamps in the dark hall. She didn't want it bright so as to not cause such a ruckus and the paparazzi from outside.

"Shadow?" She asked as she paused her pacing and watched the body change into a changeling.

"Yes My Princess, it's me, Discord's, well he's gone a bit, over the top, Zed I'm sure will be here shortly, " Shadow stumbled but Celestia only nodded and continued her pacing up and down, front and backwards of the large hall.

"Dearest Sister, please calm your nerves, I'm sure this creature is well, do not fret sister we shall find out what will happen," Luna appeared from out of the Shadows as her mane flowers dint the darkness and her hooves joined her sisters paces.

Shadow jumped at this and literally had a heart attack, all the time with the appearing out of Shadows! The changeling transformed yt again and took to the path outside and ran towards Zed.

"Zed the Princesses are waiting for you!" Shadow said as she screeched to a halt and saw Fluttershy. "Hello dear," Shadow said before running off again.

---

Midnight shrugged. "Fair enough 'Tis a bit chaotic," she grew bored and her wings went numb and her hooves ached.

((Guys, shall I take over Discord? No offence but I honestly don't think he's coming back nd I could probably handle it easily???))

(It would be amazing if you did. We need to get this sped along.)

Zed nodded and followed Shadow into the dark path, glancing back toward the city. He hoped that they would be able to calm Discord down. If not, then he might have to step in and help. He squinted in the darkness for a moment, before finding the light coming from the lamps. He skidded to a stop once he caught sight of the two princesses, and he stood fixed where he was. Indeed, they were more beautiful in person than in the paintings. H-hello.."

Archived