DJ PON-3's Dating Event (Vinyl/Inkbrand)

RainbowFoxxy

bannerdj_zpsh5dairvz.jpg

"Ok Joe, you ready to get this party rockin'?" Vinyl called over to her friend as the cream colored unicorn put the finishing touches on his section of the place. Donuts and coffee, his regular. However they were not being used in the regular setting. DJ-PON3 had done her part to turn Pony Joe's Cafe into a sweet scene. Low lighting, neon accents, and sick beats pervaded the place. Giving it a feel of the rave that was to come on the following evening. Even Joe had dressed to the event. He was wearing a black shirt and even had a set of old school ear phones around his neck. He certainly looked the part!

Vinyl had been looking for a way to earn a few extra bits and this was what she had come up with. A night of speed dating, followed by a rave with potentially a new date! She would let the participants get to know each other tonight and then who knew what would happening on the following evening at the Electric Mane! It was such a fun idea that even she would be getting involved in the dating scene!

"Let's get this party started!" 

The white unicorn opened the door to the line that had been forming outside. It looked like the participants were ready for some fun! Once everypony was inside Vinyl took her place in her makeshift DJ box.

"All right all right all right! Let's get this party rockin'! Take your seats, say hi and make nice everypony! You've got three minutes!"

With that, Vinyl turned the tunes down a touch, set the clock for three minutes, and went to find her seat for the first round!

She trotted down and slid into a chair right in front of a grey stallion. Vinyl played it cool, not revealing that her heart was racing in her chest. Then she realized who the stallion was, Inkbrand. She had met him before and had a good time getting to know him. The only difference now was that they were on a speed date. She hadn't been thinking about it too much last time, but now that they were on a "date", she had to admit he was a good looking guy. Well, she admitted it to herself. No guarantee he would get to know what she thought. 

"Play it cool Vinyl..." She spoke to herself, not letting any words leave her muzzle. After a moment she brushed a stray forelock out of her eyes. "Hey Inkbrand, how's it goin'?" For the moment she left her shades over her eyes. She couldn't help but let her body move to the beat she had put onto the speakers. 

Frdnlm6.png

Buck, he wished he'd dragged August here. At least then the two of them could point and laugh at the line of assorted heart-on-sleevers.

The fact that he'd even made the effort to show up still surprised Inkbrand, despite his presence near the back of that very line. While dating was a familiar and easy-going trend for him, speed-dating was…not. Speed-dating implied a certain…desperation? Determination? A certain insistence on dating, like a pony was actively looking for somepony else to date, rather than letting it happen naturally like he was used to. It felt similar to matchmakers, in his mind, ponies actively searching for somepony - as opposed to bumping into a pony at the grocery store and seeing where it went from there.

Or getting a certain DJ shades-sporting mare to ink up her gorgeous flank with one of his patented tattoos. Same as.

Still, a weekend rave, hosted by none other than Vinyl Scratch herself, was nothing to be missed, for no reason. Thus, bringing Inkbrand back to the present as the doors opened, ponies being ushered inside the doors. A familiar flash of sleek black caught the grey stallion's attention, causing him to admire Zelda's glorious backside - and more importantly, the sick tattoo now possessively curled around her left claw - before he found his seat and slid down into it. The music was already rocking, causing the grey stallion's head to bob a bit as a sharp grin stole over his face.

Hay yeah. Totally worth it, love-sick ponies and all.

Though maybe he wouldn't have to deal with those, the grey stallion thought rather gleefully, as the main mare of the evening suddenly slid into the seat opposite him, shades still on her face. Well hay, he hadn't known Vinyl would be participating herself. Inkbrand sincerely hoped the unicorn wasn't about to launch into a "long walks on the beach" spiel - he honestly didn't think he'd be able to last the night without smashing his face against the nearest window pane.

"Vinyl baby, you really gotta ask me that?" Inkbrand countered, resting an elbow across the table to lean a bit closer. He had the vague notion that he should probably try being a bit romantic, but buck, it was hard to think of Vinyl in such a fashion. And that said nothing about the mare herself, with her bucking hot as coat that was whiter than new snow. It was…well.

She was Vinyl.

"You don't have to try with me," the tattoo-clad stallion added, not entirely successful in stopping the leer on his face from forming. Alright, so maybe it wasn't all that hard - she was a smoking hottie, after all - but if Vinyl was hosting this entire thing looking for something serious? Buck. That could get real awkward, real fast. "You know I'll take you anytime."

kafyBGS.jpg

bannerdj_zpsh5dairvz.jpg

"Vinyl baby, you really gotta ask me that?"

Well there was no denying it, this Inkbrand character was one smooth talkin' stallion. He just had some sort of weird effect on her as he leaned in a little closer. What was it about him? Vinyl let a quick breath escape her muzzle. Who was she kiddin'? She could roll with it. Vinyl had rubbed shoulders with lots of hot stallions and mares in her time at the clubs, Inkbrand was just like them. Sure it felt good to be around them, but def no need to loose her cool. Vinyl Scratch loose her cool, hay no! Like that was gonna happen. A slim smile played across her muzzle as she lowered her shades just a tad, apparently studying the stallion across from her.

"Didn't think I'd run into you tonight...not really your scene is it?" She chuckled dryly. "Not really my scene...but gotta make the bits ya know? Still, the rave's gonna be awesome." She moved the shades back into place over her eyes. "I noticed some sweet ink work on that griffon," She nodded down the line of chairs to Zelda. "Your work I'm thinkin'? Looks sick."

She let out a light breath and leaned forward, resting her front hooves gently on the table. The white unicorn started to nod to the beat a little, moving her hooves ever so slightly as if she was in her booth scratching out a beat.

Frdnlm6.png

Well, she definitely didn't seem ready to spill her life's story with him.

Which was more than a good sign, for him. Ponies that wanted to talk all about their hopes and dreams were generally the same ponies that wanted "true love", or for their partner to be "the one". As if chaos and destruction would fall upon their lives if their first lover didn't end up becoming their last.

Inkbrand barely refrained from rolling his eyes at the thought, more than a little amused. Finding somepony to settle down with was all well and good, but…really now. Did anypony really think their innocence would shattered if they had to go through a break-up? Bucking heart-sleevers.

"Hey, don't gotta believe to participate," the grey stallion stated blithely, inspecting one hoof with obvious exaggeration. "Just 'cause I'm not looking for anything long-term, doesn't mean I don't want a pretty mare to hang on to." There, plain and simple. In the past, Inkbrand had always found it best to come right and say what he was - and more important, what he wasn't - looking for in a relationship. Dating was fine, and buck anypony who figured him to be a two-timing dog just 'cause he liked looking at the ladies - but white picket fences, a dog, and soccer drop-offs?

Buck him.

"You bet your sweet flank it is," the tattoo-clad stallion stated in response to Vinyl's correct assumption, chest puffing out a bit. A moment passed, before a sly and somewhat lascivious grin quickly took over his expression. "Don't need to admire from afar though, baby," Inkbrand sing-songed, one hoof reaching out to snatch up Vinyl's energetic hoof, holding it so that the bottom of her hoof rested on top of his own upturned one. From a distance, a pony could probably mistake the scene for a proposal, Inkbrand briefly thought with a mental chuckle. "You know I'm always available to give you an ink brand of your own."

kafyBGS.jpg

bannerdj_zpsh5dairvz.jpg

"You know I'm always available to give you an ink brand of your own."

Vinyl allowed her hoof to rest in Inkbrand's for a while. She found as it rested there that she actually liked the feeling. The white unicorn found herself wondering what it would be like to have Inkbrand even closer, to feel his arms wrap around her. Then she shook her head to clear it. This was Inkbrand, a good friend and a great pony to hang with but nothing more than that. Right? Geez, she had to keep her head level. It was weird that she had even allowed her thoughts to go that far.

After another couple of seconds she lifted her hoof away from his and ran it through her mane before leaning back a bit to check on the progress of the others couples. Things seemed to be going along smoothly enough, at least everypony appeared to be having a good enough time.

"Maybe later would could meet up? It would be pretty cool to have your work displayed in style on DJ-PON3." She pushed the glasses up between her ears, fixing him with her electric violet gaze. "You could tell me what kind of brand you think would look good on me." She winked and then lowered the shades back in place, knowing that after he responded she would finish this round of speed dating.

Frdnlm6.png

Inkbrand allowed the slim white hoof to slip off of his own, attempting to look put out even as a predatory grin swept over his features.

If he was reading her right - and he was reading her right, buck it - Vinyl Scratch was more than amiable to future tête-à-tête with his self…and, more importantly, seemingly receptive to his hint about laying ink to her canvas. Buck, he could already see the patterns he'd lay into her sweet flank. Something sinuous and slinky on her upper back, following the path set by her leg to coil teasing around her hoof…or even better! A bold pattern splashed across her entire backside, disks and rave colors setting her flanks ablaze.

It was almost too bucking beautiful to imagine. Inkbrand hastily recovered, lest he start drooling right there at the table, and refocused his attention back onto the white Unicorn, grin breaking out even wider as she pulled her up shades.

'Aw yeah baby,' he thought, with an accompanying mental hoof pump in the air, though he was fairly proud he maintained a thoughtful and intrigued expression externally. Still, it wasn't enough to stop his grin turning into a full on leer as he leaned across the table on one elbow, heedless of the shades once again blocking his view of her electric eyes.

"Just drop on by, baby doll, you know where to find me," the tattoo-clad stallion stated succinctly, and pushed himself off from his seat as the bell rang out in the crowded space. Inkbrand sauntered past the table, but stopped just as he was passing Vinyl, leaning down to brush his lips against one pristine white ear. "And I'll show you exactly what sort of Inkbrand'll work you best." A last puff of breath across the mare's ear, and Inkbrand pulled back and away, a jaunty spring in his step as he went off to find his next date.

Hay, if speed-dating was going to be this fun all the time, he'd have to do it more often!

kafyBGS.jpg

Archived