(Ponyville Park)Oversleeping... (Open)

Ashton

sleepy_twilight_by_shiladalioness-d4fhu4
 Twilight_Sparkle_logo.png

The sun had been at it's zenith when Twilight sat down on the bench to enjoy her book, just a short break from everything at the castle --- after all Spike was taking care of whatever was left, and Trixie was getting ready to go on a regent-gathering mission, so it was a good opportunity to relax a little, especially on a nice day like this.

Unfortunately, the sun was now starting to dip past the horizons, lengthening all the shadows exponentially, and twilight was still on that park bench, her head resting on the book. Despite what most ponies thought, clearly for twilight, books DID make good pillows, and as much as she loved reading, even she was put to sleep by a book now and then. Of course with all her new responsibilities it was no doubt that she was tired and given a nice day, a nice book, and no distractions, everything came together perfectly to drive her into an unnoticed nap.

The question was whether her nap would *remain* unnoticed and uninterrupted...

Sunrise trotted through the town of Ponyville, looking around at the park she was traveling through. Well, it was a pleasant little town, but she more preferred the busy city of Manehatten. Regardless, it was nice to get away from the city for a little bit. The designer paused for a bit as she spotted a purple mare sleeping with her face in her book. The next thing she noticed was the presence of both a horn and wings on the mare, causing the unicorn's eyes to widen and her brain to recognize the mare. She walked over slowly, unsure if she should just leave her be or wake her up.

"Princess? Not to be rude, but I was wondering why you were sleeping on a bench." She said after a couple seconds of internal debate.

((Edit: Didn't see Pyro's post at first, changed a few details.))

It was quite unusual for Discord to find hiself doing something so... well, usual. But what else did he have to do? Usually there was something interesting going on in some part of Equestria that he could go check out, but today was just so...ordinary. In fact, it was even more unusual for there to be nothing to do in Ponyville, of all places...there was practically always something strange happening in the little town. He could always be stirring up trounble somewhere of course, but the dracnequus just wasn't in the mood for a lecture from the princesses today.

And so, Discord found himself here, taking a leisurely stroll through Ponyville Park, absentmindedly kicking a pebble as he walked along. He actually felt content as he walked along, watching some pony couples walk by (and ignoring the strange looks some of them gave him), seeing some foals play in the distance....until something caught his eye.

Discord stopped, looking again to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. But it was still there-a purple blob, just laying there on a bench! Discord's curious side took over, and he found himself making his way toward it. But just as he was a few feet away from the object, he stopped in his tracks yet again, and a grin spread across his face.

It was Twilight?!

Discord didn't even try to hold back his laugh. This was great! Twilight, Princess Twilght, sleeping on a book! Yes, how princess-like indeed! After a minute or so the laughter died down, and Discord pulled out a camera from seemingly nowhere, snapping a picture. He would sure be showing her friends that later. He then noticed the other mare who had walked up, obviously looking unsure. "Oh, you won't wake her up like that," he said, his mind turning devious.

He then turned back to the sleeping pony, his mind racing. This was just a perfect pranking oppurtunity....but how to go about it? After a moment, he decided to go with one of the classics. With a snap of a claw, a trumpet appeared before him. Discord obviously had no idea how to play the instrument, but it couldn't be that hard, right? Without hesitation, he put it to his mouth and-

HONK!

The sound was so loud and bad sounding that even Discord himself cringed. But that was sure to wake her up! "Rise and shine, Princess Twilight!" he said cheerily, unable to get rid of his grin. Oh, wait until she sees the look on her face...

you_spin_me_right_round__twilight_versio

While the quiet request of the mare did indeed only herald a quiet mumbling, and in fact one that was addressed to spike, since it was normally the little dragon who woke her from her sleep, the blast of noise from discord sent her leaping up, tumbling around int eh air and landing with a thud on the ground "ugh... dis...cord..." she muttered, more than a little annoyed at his choice of a 'wake up call' She shook her head and ran a hoof over her mane "why are you even in my...?" she stopped and looked around, what was going on? Why was she out int he park just after dawn? Then she saw her book and realized the direction she was facing... it wasn't just after dawn, it was just before dusk, she had dozed off while reading! "Oh no! I had so many things I ahd to take care of at the castle!" she said "I had the dusting and organizing the library again, and researching that new batch of artifacts Trixie mysteriously found, and..." she kept rambling off a lit of things, at one point pulling out a clipboard completely lost in her own world for the moment... clearly she really was in need of some fun right now, and hopefully discord, especially when paired up with another pony to help keep him in check, would be able to inject a little enjoyment into twilight's otherwise stale day. 

((Hullo again, pyro :) hopefully this thread will be more active than the other))
((and I am SO happy to see we have a discord! You have no idea how much I look forward to this and future RPs! :D))

(That's just waiting on Lux.)

Sunrise frowned a bit at the response she got from the princess. Did she hear the name Spike in there? Who was that? The unicorn didn't get long to ponder that though before a loud horn sound broke the relative silence. She jumped in surprise and spun around to see a strange creature that looked to be an amalgam of different creatures. The princess saved her from asking for introductions.

"Calm down, Princess, you can do that tomorrow." She said gently to the alicorn before turning to the creature. "Hello, sir. Was that really necessary?"

((Yes, we all need some chaos! :D))

The other mare's voice did send Twilight into some mumbling....something about Spike, which wasn't surprising. But as soon as Twilight jumped from the blast of the horn, Discord couldn't help but crack up. She even fell on the ground! "Ha! Priceless!" the draconequus said, mostly to himself. Though the other mare's voice quickly caught his attention again as his laughter died down."Necessary? No, of course not!" he replied with a simple shrug, followed by a chuckle. After all, as most ponies knew, 'necessary' wasn't exactly his thing.

He then turned back to Twilight, who was already on a ramble about all the things she had slept through. Again, not surprising. Had she been napping here all day? Ha! Though the clipboard he couldn't help but roll his eyes at. "Pfft, aways so organized. Come on, Twilight, you still have some of the day left, make the most of it!" he said, gesturing to the setting sun. As for what the draconequus had in mind exactly...well, he had no idea. But finally, his good friend Twilght - and another maare of couse- was here to save him from his boredom! Oh, what fun they'll have! 

((@pyro: yeah, but iirc he posts every day in the mroning, and he's skipped that thread for 2 days... I'm worried he dropped it... *sigh*))

twilight_looking_down_by_skie_vinyl-d6vo

Twilight gasped in horror ar the mare "If I wait for tomorrow, what about all the things I was supposed to do tomorrow? I'll be throwing my schedule off for _months_!!!" the horror in twilight's voice and her eyes would no doubt make some ponies think she was joking, after all even Celestia herself wasn't as obcessed over a schedule as Twilight was.

The alicorn turned to discord and was about to scold him when instead her face lit up

overly_excited_twilight_by_masemj-d6w9hn

"Discord! For once your right! If I just stay up all night now, I can finish everything I had to do today! I'm going to have to get an extra thing of coffee and some energy drinks, but I think I can do it if I work at it! Thank you, you actually helped!" she grinned as she started back towards town, though for now it woudl be easy for discord, or any pony, to catch her, since she was caught up inplanning her, sadly, sleepless night...

(You could send a message if you wanted to check. If Lux did drop it, we could continue with just the two of us.)

Sunrise hummed sadly at the Princess's response. Really, she understood the need to get things done, but sometimes you just had to prioritize. She looked back at Discord with an even gaze from the tattooed side of her face. With a name like Discord though, she had to expect that he had something to do with chaos.

The designer looked at the retreating alicorn for a moment before following after her, catching up rather easily.

"Darling, please. You should calm down and relax. Just some prioritizing, do what's most important, and the rest can wait until you have more time." She said gently, walking next to the Princess.

The mare's response seemed to send Twilight into an ever more state of rambling. Seriously, did she have to stick that close to her schedules? Well, good thing he wasn't a princess....the draconequus couldn't remember having a single schedule in any part of his 1,000 year life.

But Twilight's sudden grin snapped him out of his thoughts about the boringness of princessdom. Apparently his suggestion of having fun was mistaken as a suggestion of...staying up all night to do chores. Really?

"That's...not what I meant," he mumbled, a paw smacked to his face. But as soon as he looked up, Twilight had already set off.

With a groan, Discord snapped his fingers, using a simple teleport spell to appear next to the princess. His rather small and mismatched wings flapped, causing him to hover alongside her. The other mare was in the midst of telling her to prioritize, which wasn't exactly what Discord had in mind either. She reminded him of Rarity in a way though, but with an awesome tattoo.

He then picked Twilight up by the back of her neck, much like a dog, and looked at her at eye level, shaking his head disapprovingly. "Oh, Twilight, Twilight...can't you forget about your duties for one day?"

((Lux is a staffer, I'm not crazy enough to risk pissing off a staffer, that's like waving around a "PLEASE BAN ME!" flag >.< If he doesn't reply in a few days I'll make a new similar-but-faintly-different thread and mark it private for us))

Twilgith sighed, but smiled "Rarity, I-" she shook her head "sorry, you remind me a lot of a good frieng of mi-*oof*" the alicorn was interrupted by discord picking her up like a kitten, though she coudl easily have teleported out of his grip, she knew it was not wise to anger him, in part because if she really WAS mean to him then he might to crying back to fluttershy and the last thing twilight ever wanted to do was hurt a pony as innocent as fluttershy... well... innocent when not pissed off... gawd was twilight glad she wasn't there that day Flutters ripped apart rarity and pinkie, she would have hated to see the pegasus like that...

But all that was neither here nor now, and Twilight needed to focus on things, let your mind run amok like that and it'll turn you into a mess like Rainbow Dash, after all! 

Twilight seemed to relax a little, in part from discord's magic causing his grip to act like a read feline grip and isntead of being painful it was pleasant and caused her brain to start producing chemicles... like... um... yeah... like the chemicle kind! ugh, this was why she hated drugs... she coudl feel her IQ dropping by the second, at this rate it woudl be down below 200 soon! "Forgetting is the easy part, that's what I did with that book and it caused me trouble" she said "you have no idea how hard my duties are, you wouldn't last one day as a princess!"

((oh gawd... the setup for a job-switch... that woudl be terrifying...))

(I don't think they would ban you for that, especially if you were nice about it, but it's your choice, I can't force you to message him.)

Sunrise raised an eyebrow as the Princess called her Rarity, but she said nothing about it, especially since it was soon followed up by an explanation that she had reminded her of one of her friends.

"Oh, it's alright, princess." she said, smiling a bit at her. After a second, she realized the sentence hadn't been a complete one, and looking up a bit, she could see why. Discord was carrying her around like a cat. The designer looked at Discord evenly for a second before sighing.

"I wouldn't tempt him, princess." She said, looking back to the alicorn. "Oh, how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Sunrise Skies, it is nice to meet you both." She added after a second, giving a bit of a bow to the two of them.

Discord stared intently at Twilight for a moment in his grasp. Well, if it wasn't for him, she would probably be going crazy by now! He could tell his magic was starting to affect her a little, but what she said next really surprised him. He couldn't last a day as a princess? Was that a challenge? But the surprise was only in his eyes for a moment before his usual smirk reappeared on his face.

The draconequus released her, turning away slightly and crossing his arms. "Well, I am quite offended," he said, trying his best to look unamused. "But it's not like being a princess can be that hard..." just then, an idea popped into his head. With a snap, his old alicorn princess costume appeared- a set of bright pink wings and horn. Discord grinned to himself- he hadn't dusted this thing off since the Tirek dilemma! "See? Most of the job is done already!"  he strutted around a bit in this new look before he came up with another great idea... a wonderful idea...

But first, quick introductions.

"Nice to meet you, Sunrise. I am Discord, if you couldn't already tell," he said, mostly genuine. He wondered whose side the mare was on here. But whatever, back to his idea.

"Besides, Twilight," he said, turning back to the princess, "being a Lord of Chaos has to be much harder than a silly old princess, don't you think?"

((Heheh~))

Twilight turned towards the other mare and smiled "It's apleasure to meet you, Sunrise" she said, and while she wanted to add 'just call me twilight' she was starting to get used to the title and also realized that as awkward as she felt being called princess, the other ponies felt just as awkward NOT calling ehr princess, so she was trying to strike a compromise when she suspected she would not be talking with somone for long... if sunrise huna round Twilight would explain she prefered to ignore her title...

The alicorn turned back towards Discord "Ha! ll you do is float around and pester people, your not a lord of chaos, your a unicorn foal on a summer break!" she snarked, thinking she had made a very nice comparison, completely unaware that discord might actually have a lot more responcibilities than he showed, or at the very least be some sort of nexus for entropy that took it's toll... possibly being what actually drove him half-insane like he currently was...

"I don't know...I think maybe his job would be harder for you and your job would be harder for him," a young, olive-tan stallion sitting on a nearby bench commented, grinning as he sketched the trio in the scene before him. He didn't look up as he spoke, his tufted tail swishing beside him like a cat's. "I mean, wouldn't it be hard for you to mess things up on purpose? And I can't see the infamous Discord trying to keep a schedule. That sounds like it'd be against his very nature."

Sunrise smiled warmly at the two as they greeted her, though they soon enough went back to arguing between themselves. The designer sighed to herself as they bickered, then looked at the two of them. She really hoped they weren't planning on switching roles. From the brief glimpse she had gotten of their personalities, and based on what they did currently, it would not end well for anypony if they were to switch jobs.

She opened her mouth to speak, but a voice interrupted them before she could. Sunrise looked over at the stallion that had spoken, taking note of his unusual tail. Well, he had a point, not quite the one she was going for, but still.

"Yes, like he said, it would be difficult for either one of you to fill the other's role. Aside from that, Princess, I don't think it would be a good idea to put a spirit of chaos into a position of being a princess, however brief the appointment may be." She said, looking at Twilight until she had finished, then looking over at Discord. "No offense to you, of course. Another point though, would you really want a pony as organised as Princess Twilight filling in as a spirit of chaos? Things might end up more ordered than they were before, and I'm not sure that would be something you would want to happen."

Discord's signature smirk only grew wider as Twilight talked. Of course all he did was pester ponies...a job that a neat freak like her could never do! Oh, and how funny that would be to see... The draconequus thought about dating something, but a snarky comment wasn't reeallly coming. So instead, his odd looking eyes glanced over to Sunrise, curious for her opinion on the matter. 

But a stallion's voice then came out of nowhere, and Discord turned slightly, finding the source- a tan colored pony, with a quite the odd tail and mismatched eyes. Judging by the appearance, Discord liked this guy already. Though he was paying more attention to what the stallion was saying, which made him smile even wider. Yes! Of course it would be hard for her; somepony was on his side! Though what he said after that caught him off guard, especially when it was followed by Sunrise's agreement. 

"It can't be that hard keeping a schedule! All you have to do is write things down and do them, after all!" He said, the words quickly coming out of his mouth. As he talked though, the idea made him almost uneasy. So much....organization. He looked at Twilight for a moment, curious about what she might say, but then back to Sunrise and the other mysterious stallion. 

Pfft. Peacekeepers. 

Twilight looked almost ready to offer an official challenge, but the others spoke first and, much as she would like to see discord fail and receive his comeuppance (after all, she could easily cause chaos, specially with her analytically skills of finding the exact points of most organization and introducing entropy in large quantities in relation to the organizational magnitude) but the though of discord, of all po- well, of all *Creatures* trying to lead a mission like the one the castle had sent them on recently... especially with his disregard for the safety of her friends -well most of them, she had little fear for fluttershy, but the rest....- she was forced to let cooler heads prevail, to her disappointment

"Well, I suppose your both right, it could only end badly" she said, deciding to be the bigger mare and not antagonize discord by saying '...end badly for discord...' though she had to smile "It still makes me laugh to think of discord delivering my speech this Wednesday at the opening of the new art exhibit in the park"

she snickered, having to admit that likely WOULD turn out quite amusing and entertaining. she paused, glancing at him, for a moment considering finding a way to include his chaos, but also quickly realizing that her idea of amusing antics and his idea were likely very different and it would too end well, after all, nothing ended well with discord!

((honestly, I'd love to do this in FFA --- the main reason I stopped it here was realizing what a participation limit there would be. In FFA with a couple RPers holding multiple characters, it would work lovely, but here, it would, well, end badly --- mostly because of the hassle of trying to get so many players involved for more than one or two characters...)

((I'm sorry, I don't quite understand...Ashton, are you saying you're ending this rp?))

"Easier said than done, am I right?" the stallion asked the draconequus, his grin growing broader as he flipped to a new page in his sketchbook. "I know that'd be a pain in the rear for me to keep up with. Gotta live in the moment, not according to some schedule. But hey, to each their own. I just prefer not to have problems like the princess there about messing one thing up and falling behind in everything else."

His tail coiled about his pencil as he used it to jot something down. Tearing out that piece of paper, he quickly and deftly folded it into a paper airplane before lightly tossing it Discord's way. "A speech, huh? Some how I thought royalty's duties would be more...crucial than that. Isn't a speech something anypony can give? Heck, I bet you can wing it and still do better than most. Doesn't sound like something to fret over to me."

The Earth pony turned his constant grin on Sunrise. "Someone's taking this pretty seriously. All things considered, I don't think it'd hurt to see a little change around here. It gets boring with the same old scenery day after day. Some unpredictability is what makes life fun." He leaned back against the bench and folded his hooves behind his head.

If Discord chose to catch and unfold the paper airplane thrown his way, he would have seen a few words addressed to him.

'What if you had her Highness forget for a day whatever stressed her out?'

(I think he's saying he would want an alternate rp where the two actually do switch jobs or something, but I don't think he plans on ending this one as of yet.)

Well, at least the combined efforts of the two had dissuaded Discord and the princess from switching jobs. They really seemed to be the opposite of each other, and that meant they were likely to be poor fits for the other's job, if they didn't down right hate it. The designer looked at the earth pony as he talked to her, causing her to sigh slightly.

"I know that. The whole reason I'm here is to mix things up a bit. I would rather my change of scenery include going somewhere else as opposed to the landscape drastically changing around me." Sunrise said, keeping her gaze on the stallion for a bit longer. He seemed like a strange one, and not just because of his unique features.

• 2 weeks later...

((Yeah, I think Pyro's right. Also sorry for the late post.))

"But..." muttered Discord as even Twilight disagreed to the job-switching idea. He wanted to argue further, but honestly, he wasn't in the mood. (Besides, he would rather watch other ponies argue than be in one himself.) "Oh alright, fine," he said, sighing in defeat. 

The he draconequus found himself staring at Twilight for just a moment when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. It was paper airplane that was coming I. The direction of where the earth pony was sitting. He caught the paper, crumpling it in his claw, and was just about to throw it out when the thought came to him- was there something inside? He gave the stallion a curious look, and made his decision. A small smile appeared on his face as he uncrumpled the letter, his eyes quickly scanning the words inside. 

Well this was an interesting idea. 

At first, Discord wanted to write back- or heck, just say out loud - 'Why would I do that?' But he held his tongue, thinking for a moment. If he knew Twilight, and he was pretty sure he did, the princess would probably spend the rest of this day worrying, and probably annoying Discord. But maybe, just maybe, if she forgot about her schedules, they could do something fun together! The things she needed to do couldn't be that important, right? Not as important as spending quality time with her good friend Discord! His smile grew wider as he looked at the odd stallion. "I like the way you think," he said before turning back to Twilight. He wasn't sure exactly how to do this at first, but soon an idea came to mind. 

First to secure Twilight. That was the easy part: with a snap, he tied the princess to a materialized chair.  Now for the fun part. He pulled a pocket watch from seemingly nowhere and waved it in front of the princess, talking in a smooth, calming voice. "You are getting very sleepy, Twilight......you will forget everything that you were supposed to do today...." He wanted to add more, like 'Discord is the greatest being in Equestria', but Discord really didn't know how powerful this hypnosis was. 

"And that should do it," he said, snapping again to both make the chair disappear and snap Twilight out of her 'very sleepiness.'

((yep, that's what I meant. I can just immagine some of the hilarity that might ensue from they switching jobs --- mostly from discord twisting the wording on the task like "help applejack paint her barn" and discord taking it upon himself to paint a huge mural on the barn wall of something crazy (or even the the old loony-tunes 'tunnel gag' and paint a realistic hole that AJ would run right into thinking it was real). Twiley would have the exact opposite problem of not being able to make things as crazy and for added pathos I'm sure discord would not just swap jobs but swap appearnaces too making the other M6 think Twilight had completely lost her mind! lol Just some funny thoughts.))

Twilight looked concerned when discord obviously read the note and glared at the pony that sent it, a clear 'dont give him any more twisted ideas!' look on her face. When the chair appeared around her she let out a angry snort "Discord! This is-" but she was cut short by the draconequis trying to hypnotize her "you should know that genuine hypnotherapy requires a consensual attempt by both parties to work, this is just a stupid attempt at a parlor trick, something I'd expect out of the CMC" she said, when the chair vanished she flexed ehr wings a time or two "Now if you all dont mind I-" at that point the chaos magic kicked in and her eyes flashed a dozen different colors "I... I..." she looked around "...what...? Where am I?" she asked "wait who are you all, and *eek*! What is THAT!" she backed up against the bench, then leapt behind it seemingly terrified at the mix-n-match critter before her

Sunrise looked between the stallion and Discord for a moment as she noticed the paper airplane between the two. It seemed there had been a message printed on it, as Discord began reading it. She glared at Discord as he trapped Twilight in the chair and tried to hypnotize her. Thankfully, it didn't seem to work. At least not at first. She sighed in frustration, giving a glare to Discord before speaking.

"Now see what you've done? You took away all her memories!" Sunrise said to Discord before moving towards Twilight. "Princess, please, it's alright. He's friendly. Mostly." She said gently, trying to coax the alicorn out from behind the bench. "My name is Sunrise Skies."

((Ah, alrighty. Thanks, guys!

Um...2 questions, though.

Pyro - Did you skip my turn? ^_^;

Ash - Did the magic make her forget what she was supposed to do that day, or...everything? ))

The pony on the bench continued to lay back, pretending not to notice when the others cast him strange looks or glares. When Sunrise's look began to turn into a prolonged stare, however, the young stallion returned the gaze, his grin turning mildly more dangerous. Of course there was no way she could have known, but one of the few things he hated was being stared at.

Before he could say or do anything about it, however, His ears perked at Discord's compliment addressed to him and he beamed back. "Ditto," he answered, and sat up a little to watch the Dracoequus work. Hopping off the bench when he was done, he put away his sketchpad and walked a little closer.

He laughed when something appeared to happen. "Whoa...you really did a number on her," the Earth pony chuckled. "This should be fascinating, to say the least."

((I'm pretty sure it was intended to make her forget today, but then made her forget everything. Because Discord. :P))

Well...pony feathers. The spell didn't seem to work - Twilight was still babbling! Discord sighed, putting his pocketwatch away, his mind already coming up with new ideas of how to distract her. Maybe some chaotic property damage will get her mind off things for a while...

But the sudden shriek snapped Discord back to attention, his gaze falling on Twilight, who was suddenly scrambling to get away from him. "Oh?" The draconequus muttered, slightly confused. It was only until Sunrise scolded him that he figured out what was going on.

Oh boy, was this a turn of events.

Discord's confused look was then replaced with a grin as he teleported behind the bench Twilight was hiding behind. "Actually, I believe this mare is wrong...I am friendly one hundred percent of the time!" He said cheerfully, extending a paw to the alicorn. "I am Discord! It's a pleasure to meet you, Princess Sparkle."

Though little did the pony know that there was a classic joy buzzer concealed in that paw...

And all the while, Discord's mind was pratically swimming in excitement from this. The possibilities! All the grudges between the two had quite literally disappeared, and Twilight was just so...gullible now! Oh what fun they would have!

Archived