(Ponyville Park)Oversleeping... (Open)

Ashton

((oh this is going to be interesting...  :mad: ))

Twilight looked at the mare with a face of confusion "Princess?" she looked around quickly "P-Princess Celestia? Is this another test?" she asked, apparently at the moment having no clue she was a princess, perhaps even thinking she was still a student in Celestia's school and this was a proverbial 'pop quiz' that her mentor had orchestrated to test what she had learned... Though when she did not see her mentor she seemed to take it in stride, clearly this was something that was not unexpected of the sun princess, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and smiled back "It's a please to make your acquaintance, Sunrise. I'm Twilight Sparkle" surprisingly formal, though also quite polite

She glanced at the stallion "um, hello" she said "sorry for hiding behind your bench" she said awkwardly, apparently taking this in stride as she looked at Discord, when he spoke of being friendly she cocked her head and then her eyes lit up "You!" she exclaimed "I know you!" she said "I saw you in the pictures!" there was a moment of pause "Your Princess Celestia's colt-fiend from long ago who dissapeared, aren't you?" she asked with a warm smile "She never said anything about you, but the way she kept looking at your picture when she was upset made it obvious you meant a lot to her, I'm glad to finally meet you"

((Oh! Could it be that Twilight was oblivious to the fact that Celestia could be thinking 'whatever is wrong it cant be as bad as discord?' or perhaps there is something being hidden... things are getting VERY interesting *evil grin*))

"No worries. It's not my bench anyway," he chuckled when Twilight apologized to him. "I'm Nopony Special." Whether he was introducing himself or telling her he was no pony of consequence was anyone's guess. His grin suggested he enjoyed the confusion caused by leaving the decision up to others.

Upon Twilight's words to Discord, Nopony snickered and wandered off a short way to disappear behind some trees. He assumed Discord and Sunrise would be too preoccupied with the memory-tampered princess to notice. A few moments later, however, a white stallion with various blue hues in his mane and tail approached the trio with a look of concern.

"Twylie?" he spoke. "Are you alright? I thought I heard you shriek."

She didn't even know she was a princess? How much had Discord erased? Or whatever it is that he had done to make her forget these things. Sunrise frowned slightly as Twilight began looking around to spot Celestia. When the mare did eventually turn back to face the designer and introduce herself, Sunrise returned the smile, nodding with a sigh.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well." She said, almost adding 'again', though she decided against that. She gave a small glare at Discord as he attempted to take advantage of the situation, though before she could really say anything, Twilight was already responding, and what the princess said made Sunrise giggle, though she tried to hold it in as she put a hoof to her muzzle.

And once again it seemed they had a newcomer, and Nopony seemed to have disappeared. She looked at the new stallion, who seemed to know Twilight, and gave a small sigh of relief.

"Perhaps you can help, sir. It seems Discord has made her forget some of her memories, or something to the same effect." She said, casting a momentary glare in Discord's direction.

"Test? Oh, don't worry, this isn't a test," Discord said reassuringly. Besides, if he wanted it to be a test, he'd be doing something much more interesting, like sending her to the ends of Equestria like he did that one time! The draconequus let out a happy sigh, studying Twilight and starting to wonder if he could throw in a random gag of some sort...

Though the alicorn's next words completely caught him off guard.

"C-Coltfriend?!" Discord sputtered out, taking a slight step back in shock. "With Celestia? Why would I...where did you even get that idea!?" He began to picture the ridiculous scenario...wait, did Celestia really have a picture of him? That alone made Discord want to freak out! Unless, maybe, he put new memories into Twilight's brain? Discord glanced curiously at Twilight as be breathed a sigh of relief. Yes, that was it...it must be. 

Luckily though, Discord's thought process broke as someone new walked up to the group....Shining Armor? Why was he in...ah, never mind. That was the least of Discord's concerns. 

He shot an annoyed glance at Sunrise, who was explaining what was going on. "Lost memories? I don't know what you're talking about!" he said with a fake smile, making a piece of tape appear over Sunrise's mouth. He looked around for the other stallion to make sure he didn't say anything either, but he was nowhere to be seen. "No no, me and Twilight are just having a good time like the friends we are!" Discord didn't want Shining to know about this... it could lead to Celestia knowing, and that was the lasr pony Discord wanted to face right now.

...Celestia wouldn't have a picture of him, would she?

Twilight was about to somment when she saw the other unicorn "BBBFF!" she said, almsot bouncing over to him and nuzzling him "What's the password?" she asked in a foalish voice "come on, you know you have to say it" she teased.

However, what the others might notice about twilight was that as she said thiat, her body was tense, turned so that she could easiy knock 'shining' to the ground, and the air was feeling liek a storm was brewing - except instead of electricity it was raw magic that was starting to collect... Twilight obviously wasn't expecting a visit from ehr brother... and if it wasn't her brother... well... hopefully his life insurance was paid up!

((Sorry for lateness! XP))

"Whoa! That's some welcome," the white unicorn laughed as he nuzzled Twilight in return. "Password? You really want me to say it in public?" he asked quietly, glancing past the alicorn to the other two present. "What if someone else hears? It won't be our secret anymore."

The change in atmosphere didn't escape the stallion and he smiled sheepishly. "Uh...you're acting really strange, Twilight. You still didn't tell me why you shrieked." Looking toward Discord and then to Sunrise with an expression of mild suspicion, he added, "...unless you needed help. Or were in danger. But...I thought I heard something about Princess Celestia having a coltfriend...? So I didn't figure it could have been all that bad..."

Sunrise gave a muffled indignant shout around the tape that appeared over her mouth. She shot a glare at Discord, her eyes narrowing at him as the others spoke. She was about to take the tape off, then paused at Twilight's reaction to the new stallion, making her blink a little bit and look over in confusion. Her mood had certainly changed quickly, hadn't it?

The designer looked between the other two unicorns in slight confusion as she slowly peeled the tape off her mouth. What was going on now?

"Princess? What is the matter? Do you know this stallion?" She asked, a little confused. He looked kind of familiar, but she couldn't quite put her hoof on why that was.

Discord groaned as Twilight rushed over to greet her brother. Sure, they were siblings, but seeing two ponies celebrate together without him had always annoyed him, even after the Treehugger incident. His plans could have been going well of Shining Armor hadn't showed up...just imagine the fun things they could have been doing right now! But nope, Twilight had to go snuggle her BB...whatever it was instead!

Trying to be good and keep his rage down, Discord plastered on another fake smile to Shining. "Oh, nothing to worry about. Twily just shreiked when she saw that her good friend Discord here had decided to pay a visit!" he said, his lion paw stretching out to an unusually long length to grab Twilight and hug her.

Yes, that was more like it. Hopefully the Captain would leave easily and Celestia would know nothing about this, right?

'strike one' thought twilight to herself, She wasn't expecting her brother, and after so many incidents with the changelings, she was on guard, especially now that she was a princess -ugh life had been so much simpler before... she really _wasn't_ ready for this...- but she managed to keep smiling "something like that" she said, pacifyingly "So, bro, how was that mission to the griffen lands that cadence told me you were on? I figured it would take more than a few days, I guess you were on your way back home when you stopped by" she said, watching 'shining' closely, right now it wouldn't matter what discord did, the draconequis was on celestia's leash, if pushed he would probably even defend her -much as they no doubt both woudl hate to see that happen- but this newcommer... he didn't feel right... she was almost sure this wasn't her brother, though she prayed she was wrong...

The magic was still gathering, if Twilight lost her concentration, they'd have a hurricane of wild magic turned loose ont he area... or if she was unfortunately right, then she would turn that storm against the changeling and make it into one huge bug-zapper...

((So...Twilight forgot she was a princess, but now she remembered again? ^_^; Exactly what state of mind is she in right now, might I ask? Or is that meant to be a secret?))

The unicorn stallion frowned in concern, but that frown gradually turned upside down and he raised a brow with a smirk when Discord explained his version of the situation to the prince. "Is that so? Well, I'm glad to hear you two are getting along so well, then," he told the draconequus. Ear swerving at Sunrise's question, he dipped his head in greeting.

"My apologies. The name is Shining Armor. I'm Twilight's brother. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss." He smiled. "Any friend of Twylie's is a friend of mine. Including you, Discord."

He turned back to his alicorn sibling. "I'm not sure what you're talking about, Twi. Are you sure you didn't hit your head or something?" Shining took a step closer, his voice quieting. "If you're not careful, all that magic you're accumulating might get loose and hurt someone. Maybe you should tone it down."

Sunrise was still thoroughly confused by the situation. She gave a small bow in return to the stallion's introduction, revealing why he looked familiar. The prince of the Crystal Empire, how could she have not recognized him?

But still, she was unclear what the problem was. Princess Twilight did not seem at all pleased to see her brother, and she also seemed to be testing him, as if she didn't believe he was her brother. Of course, the designer had heard about the changelings, and what they could do, but she had never met one before. Did the princess believe he was a changeling disguised as her brother? If that was the case, she could understand the princess's attitude.

"Well, it is nice to meet you, sir. My name is Sunrise Skies." She said, a bit hesitantly, the magic gathering around Twilight and the overall feel of the situation making her a bit uncomfortable.

((Yeah, I'm kind of confused on the whole memory loss thing too. :P))

Discord watched the situation curiously. He hadn't noticed it before, but the magic sense in the air seemed to be... off. And not in the chaotic sort of way. It seemed that Twilight noticed the shift too, she happened to be acting strange all of a sudden. He couldn't put his claw on it, but it was certainly something he had never felt before. Maybe, just maybe... was it changeling magic? He was in stone when the whole invasion happened after all, it wasn't like he could feel anything...

Though his train suddenly stopped when Shining Armor spoke in his direction, saying that the draconequus was his friend. "Hmph, I suppose," he said, trying to figure out how to interpret that. In one way, it was exciting adding another name to the list of friends. But what had Shining ever done for him? Fluttershy had once said that friends always do things for each other.

Bah, not the point. There were more important matters at hand. The odd magic feel was still noticeable, and he had to find the changeling of source. It wasn't Twilight, since she was doing the same detective work as him right now. Not to mention that ever since he woke her up, it was definitely the same alicorn that he always knew. Could it be Shining? Possible.... but wait, what just happened? What did he whisper to Twilight? Could it be that he sensed it too? Enough evidence to eliminate him out too. Maybe not enough evidence to support that, but hey, he was a new friend. Which left only one pony... Sunrise.

He turned to the mare, who was looking as innocent as ever. "I'm keeping my eye on you..." he muttered, not even sure if it was loud enough for her to hear. He then teleported, unnecessary considering it was all of three feet, over to where Twilight and Shining were talking. "Um, sorry to interrupt the family reunion, but I think we have a problem, Princess..." he said, his gaze shifting back to Sunrise. 

But of course in the back of his mind, the excitement was almost overwhelming. Just look at how helpful he was being! And not to mention how fun it was! 

((oi... ok, what's going on is twilight's jsut giving discrod a proverbial middle finger over it. all he did was erase her mental 'to do' list, but she thought she'd screw with his head and make him think he REALLY did somethign bad... after all no doubt everyone would be angry at him for "breaking" twilight... and with shining-Changling showing up, she's having to give that a back-seat, though she will use it as an excuse when she needs toe xplain why she is asking a lot of questions...))

Twilight was forced to take a mental step back, so far 'shining armor' was 1-1 for her tests, he missed the password but knew that the 'mission' she made up was fake, of course that coudl be explained as a 50-50 guess, and anyone with any knoledge of the crystal empire and twilight's brother' function there could easily tilt those odds slightly since he rarely did any kind of diplomatic missions... Twilight had to kill a sigh that was brewing in ehr throat, she really hated this, even the possibility that one of those changelings was impersonating her brother was enough to make her vision run with blood... impersonate her, she'd forgive it, impersonate one of ehr friends and she'd kick some flank, impersonate her brother though.........

"I'm a little tense" she said "strange things have happened lately, apparently celestia's colt-friend here just pulled some kind of prank on me, and a lot of stuff just doesn't make sense, so sorry if I'm asking things that feel like they're out of the blue because,w ell, I'm a bit... disorganized... especially for me!" she laughed "I'm sure you remember how I used to go crazy re-organizing Dad's old hoofball trophies going between date, size, and rankings" now to see what happened with that... if he was really her brother he would no doubt know that she never did such a thing since their father never played hoofball...

She glanced at discord and nodded "While usually our definitions of 'a problem' are on opposite ends of the spectrum, or even opposite ends of sanity, I have this sinking feeling that we're thinking the same thing... but so help me you better not say 'are you pondering what I'm pondering'!" she managed a slightly crazed, thought still joking grin

((Ah, okay. XD))

Surprised at Discord's sudden appearance at their side, Shining Armor blinked. When the draconequus seemed to indicate Sunrise Skies with his gaze, though, the male unicorn couldn't help a small grin. He suspected her of something? Or was he just trying to throw Twilight off? It was hard to say, but before he could try to make a proper guess, the alicorn princess was talking again.

It was obvious to the Changeling what Twilight was doing. Normally he wouldn't have fallen for something that easily, but since it was also obvious both she and Discord knew something was off, this game wasn't as much fun anymore. With a crooked smile, the unicorn shed his disguise as a white, burly stallion to a proliferated black one of a more slender build.

"If things are just getting more and more complicated, I might as well clear up some of the confusion. Sometimes it can be fun, but if you two were planning to spoil it anyway, no point in continuing." He laughed. "That's all it was, though; just harmless fun." That said, he changed his appearance back to the Earth pony he'd been disguised as when he'd been sketching on the bench.

Sunrise blinked in confusion as Discord teleported over to Twilight and Shining. He had his eye on her? Whatever for? What did she do? The unicorn was completely lost as to what was going on, and the gathering storm of magic wasn't helping her mood any.

"Umm... Would someone please explain what is happening here?" She asked, looking between the ponies and Discord in slight confusion. Soon enough though, Shining turned out to not be Shining after all, and suddenly the situation made sense. Twilight had been thinking the changeling was impersonating her brother, which turned out to be correct.

"Nevermind... I think I understand now..." She said, looking at the changeling currently disguised as the earth pony from earlier. "You're a changeling? Interesting... I've never actually met any of you before... Not that I know of, anyways."

"For the last  time, I'm not Celestia's-" Discord began, but stopped midsentence with a defeated groan. That was an arguement for later, there were bigger problems at hand...

Twilight seemed to catch his drift on what the 'problem' was, though he never noticed her glance in Sunrise's direction. Why? Someone needed to keep an eye on her! "Yes, well, I suppose we are...er, pondering the same thing. Now then...may I do the honors?"

It was a rethorical question, of course he was going to do the honors. His first changeling captured! How exciting! Just imagine how proud Fluttershy is going to be! Discord spun around to face the other unicorn, with a grin that probably looked like pure insanity. "I've got you now, cha-"

But just as Discord was about to make a cage appear around Sunrise, he paused. What was...was that somepony laughing? And it was coming from Shining Armor's direction....but it sure didn't sound like the captain anymore. Discord cautiously turned back around to face the source of the laughter, only to find...

A changeling...

"Oh come on!" he blurted out, crossing his arms like a foal having a tantrum. He couldn't believe it! He was wrong! Oh, how he hated being wrong! And not only that, but it was that stallion from before!

Though as he pouted, Discord was actually listening to what the changeling was saying, and his frowm was eventually replaced with a small smile. "So... you're saying this was all a prank? For fun?" he chuckled. "Not bad, changeling, not bad." 

Twilight's eyes were glowing and a magic arura was forming around her... her horn let off a powerfull blast skyward, exploding like a firework, but instead of sparks, smoke came from it, or rather, clouds, as a huge black stormcloud formed overhead...

Twilight's horn continued to glow as lightning struck the ground to the changeling's right "Impersonate me and I would have laughed" she said, her voice resonating with power

Lightning struck the ground to the changeling's left "Impersonate one of my friends and I'll kick your flank but I will eventually forgive you... but imperonate my BROTHER...!!!" the clouds rumbled dangerously as no doubt another lightning bolt wa about to fly down and deep-fry the changeling if he didn't dodge...

((I gotta laugh so hard at this. If any other character of mine did this, it would be so severely godmoding, but with Twilight... meh, just another haywire ecxplosion of magical energy from a physical god, nothing strange. :D :D :D))

The stallion laughed at Sunrise's comment. "That's right. But yeah, changelings don't usually make themselves known for fear of the consequences if they do. I myself don't particularly mind what others think of me, but there are the those who seek to feed off of and cause harm to ponies, like the changelings with the Hive, and then there are defectors of the Hive who fear Queen Chrysalis as well as ponies who don't realize they're not with her." Nopony Special shrugged. "I like to think of myself as 'chaotic neutral' - on no one's side but my own." He winked at Discord.

"Nice try, Lord of Disorder, but maybe your magic pin-pointing was a little too 'chaotic," the changeling teased. "Or maybe it was interference from the accumulating magic of the princess, here. Either way, what would be the point of our disguises if anypony could pick us out at a glance? Don't feel too bad. You guys came close enough." He grinned at Discord's compliment. "And thanks, but really, that's foal's play. I usually prefer to find out a little more about the ponies I prank when I play with them and we didn't get very far in this case. Did we? Other than something about certain foal friends, of course..."

That particular topic of conversation would have to be explored in-depth later, though, it seemed. While Discord may have been somewhat amused and Sunrise seemed content just to have her confusion cleared up, Twilight Sparkle was a different matter entirely. Nopony glanced at the alicorn's glowing state and watched with some fascination, a crooked smile on his face. He could maybe understand her getting upset, but did she have to be so dramatic about it? What was the problem if he hadn't meant any harm by it? Either she was taking it too seriously or she didn't believe his claim.

He didn't move when she zapped the earth to his left, nor his right. His heterochromic gaze remained locked on hers and narrowed despite his smile having grown into his cheshire cat grin. "I don't get it," he said when she seemed to be done talking. "Why does it matter?"

While he knew what was coming and could have dodged, for some reason the changeling chose to stand his ground. As a result, he was zapped with the third of the lightning bolts, pain jolting through every nerve in his body. His knees buckled and he collapsed to the floor.

Sunrise opened her mouth to speak again, pausing as she realized something. Discord had thought she was the changeling? Well, that would explain his desire to keep an eye on her, but why in the world would he think that? She put the issue aside though, figuring that trying to know the workings of the mind of a chaos lord wasn't worth the trouble. Especially over something so unimportant.

The unicorn looked towards Twilight warily as the princess spoke, and gave a yelp as lightning came down, the first two missing the changeling barely. She was about to try and get the stallion out of the way, but she was too late, and Nopony had been hit by lightning.

"Princess! Calm down! Please!" She said, looking at the alicorn. "He was just trying to make a joke, it seems. It wasn't in very good taste, but still!" She looked at Twilight for a moment or two longer before moving to the changeling, trying to see if he was alright.

"Sir? Are you alright?" She said, not really sure what she would do if he needed help. She had never been good with medical stuff.

Well, at least the changeling wasn't with Chrysalis or anything, trying to bring harm to Equestria. Though in a way, it was kind of disappointing. Catching a soldier of the enemy team? It was the perfect opportunity to do some impress his friends!

But still, his words intrigued the draconequus. Such a laid back lifestyle- so much like his own! And yet...he was on his own. How lonely that must be! Discord could see it now, the two pairing up- a chaotic duo, a team of disorder, bringing pranks to all of Eqest...

And Twilight was trying to kill him?!

Oh no, the princess was not going to do this to his future business partner! He was just about to rush to the stallion's aid, just as Sunrise was, but he realized that was pointless. No, Twilight needed to be stopped first! 

...What kind of Princess of Friendship was this, anyways?

Whatever. With a snap, Discord unleashed one of his most effectice, and personal favorite, spells. The black stormcloud turned to a bright pink, the color of cotton candy, and instead of lightning, chocolatey rain began to fall on Twilight. Well, that solved most of the problem, but still...what if she struck again?

It didn't take long for Discord to assess the situation. The princess's most powerful weapon was her magic, right? Well. that was an easy fix. He lifted a hand, but Twilight wasn't picked up, rather levitated into the air. Removing a horn... this wasn't a spell he had done since he escaped from his stone prison so long ago. 

"Princess, princess," he said, shaking his head in disappointment. "You and I both know I don't want to do this, but what needs to be done...well, must be done!" He glanced back to the changeling, who was sprawled on the ground. True, Discord did feel a small pang of guilt for doing this, Twilight was a friend after all, but what else could he do? His eagle claw was glowing with yellowish magic, as the spell prepared...

Archived