Vermithirod [Ready]

Tymiko

Name: Vermithirod

SpeciesDragon
Eye colour: Yellow-gold with slitted pupils. There is a scar over his right eye.
Character colour: Vermillion scales
Mane/Tail/Other: He has old man gray/silver accents on his back scales, horns, and spiked tail club. His claws are the same yellow-gold of his eyes. His jawline is edged with sharp, gray/silver spikes similar to a beard.

Physique: His horns are curved backward and he has a scar over his right eye. He's about average height, somewhat stocky, and slightly robust, but physically able-bodied.
Residence: In a cave around the Hasufel Mountains.

Cutie Mark: None
Unique Traits: He doesn't like using force or any of his dragon abilities unless he absolutely has to.
HistoryVermithirod grew up pretty much on his own due to his strong sense of independence and dislike of relying on others. He wasn't too fond of most others regardless of their species because he felt they were superficial, valuing politeness over honesty. Thus, he resolved to become the exact opposite, quickly developing a reputation of being brutally honest in all he said and did. Because of this, he wasn't very popular with his peers. This was just fine with Vermithirod because he didn't want fake friends who would leave him the moment they saw a side of him they didn't like, so he decided to show his worst side always to ward off the weak-willed, shallow, and faint of heart.

At one point, Vermithirod got curious and bored with his solitary life as a dragon away from other dragons and wondered what ponies enjoyed so much about living in a community. He wondered if they were more considerate and caring of each other than dragons were and decided to check it out himself. From time to time he ventures out of his cave to go visit and learn more of what they're all about, hoping to find less shallow and more considerate personalities that know what's truly important among them than his fellow dragons.

Character Personality: As a dragon, he is very proud and somewhat arrogant. Vermithirod is a cranky, cantankerous curmudgeon. He is blunt and rude with most (though is much nicer to females), acts condescending, and likes to be a know-it-all. He is very brutal with honesty (to the point of being cruel) and does not mince words. He seems to relish in others' disappointment and despair and it seems to be his goal to get them down to his grumpy, cranky mood. He absolutely despises 'sunshine' personalities. Extremely cynical and negative, he sticks with what is practical and logical and will not use force unless he has a very good reason to or someone challenges him. He takes his dignity and pride very seriously. He also pretends not to give a damn about the world and what they think of him. (Key word: 'pretends'.) He also has a pet Sheltie dog named Rue who seems as playful, friendly, and energetic as her caretaker isn't. Despite her puppy-like energy characteristic of her breed, she's old and doesn't have eyes. Vermithirod took her in when he found her in the wild.

The reason he acts this way is to keep away and/or scare off shallow beings who aren't worth his time. It's those who have the ability to see past his prickly exterior that he feels are worthy enough to learn who he truly is - someone a lot nicer and more caring than he likes to pretend.
Character Summary: Vermithirod is a dragon who occasionally ventures from his cave from time to time to learn more about ponies and their society. He is intrigued by their lifestyle and community and does his best to teach others what he knows as much as he tries to learn from others. Though he can seem brutally honest, uncaring, and downright cruel at times, he's actually a much nicer being that he'd like to admit and it's only those who can see past his prickly facade who will notice this. He has a playful, old pet Sheltie dog without eyes that he rescued from the wild.

(Below is Vermithirod sketched by me. Please ignore the human head.)

SCAN0200.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! A few thoughts on this app:

I was the one to review your app for Hard Truths. I thought it was great and that character he is ready to play. Why make a new app of a different version of the same character? The information given here should have been included on the first application as it directly pertains to the first character. You can ask for the application for Hard Truth to be put back where you can edit it to add more information.

Changlings have been seen to have different form but not dragons. It is not acceptable for CC to have a dragon that changes forms (goes against site lore). If you want this character to be a changling, that would work and I can have the Hard Truths app placed here for you to edit.

You could also app this as a dragon character and keep it separate from Hard Truths.

Let me know what you decide. I like the idea, it would just need to be changed to fit the lore of the site.

Hi! A few thoughts on this app:

I was the one to review your app for Hard Truths. I thought it was great and that character he is ready to play. Why make a new app of a different version of the same character? The information given here should have been included on the first application as it directly pertains to the first character. You can ask for the application for Hard Truth to be put back where you can edit it to add more information.

Changlings have been seen to have different form but not dragons. It is not acceptable for CC to have a dragon that changes forms (goes against site lore). If you want this character to be a changling, that would work and I can have the Hard Truths app placed here for you to edit.

You could also app this as a dragon character and keep it separate from Hard Truths.

Let me know what you decide. I like the idea, it would just need to be changed to fit the lore of the site.

Hello! Regarding your question of why make a new app of a different version, I'd like to point you to this topic I made a while back.

This information cannot be included on the first application nor does it pertain, exactly, because that was for WoE and this application is for CC. As I understand it, only young and teenage dragons are allowed to be played in WoE and Vermithirod is not just an adult dragon, he's an elder/ancient. He's old.

Are you saying that changelings can take on dragon form? Because I assumed that, too, was against site lore. I would really like to have a second opinion on this if you don't mind. And again, Hard Truths' application was strictly for WoE where changelings are not allowed, so there would be no point in changing that particular app.

If I need to, I can make him just a dragon, but it would kind of undermine the whole thing about him learning about ponies because he can't do it from their point of view and it would be awkward for him to go around in his full dragon form without scaring ponies left and right. This is why I'd like a second staff opinion about this matter.

Having more than one app for the same general character in different sections of RP here is not quite on par with how RP usually goes here.

In response to your question: No, I am not saying changlings can shape shift into dragons. I am saying changlings can transform into ponies.

Also, I have brought this app to the attention of several other staff, including site mods, and there has been a consensus that dragons in the MLP lore cannot shape shift. So, this app will need to be either a dragon only, or if you want to keep the idea of changing into a unicorn it would have to be a changling. Of course there is always the option to use this character as is in the FFA section.

Feel free to PM with other staff if you want to check on their opinion, however as stated in the skype forum that I posed this question to; they will give you the same conclusion that has been stated here.

I have enjoyed the characters you have created thus far and any that don't fit CC or WoE are more than welcome to be played in the FFA section. We do however, have strict guidelines for how RP is run on this site. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Alright, thanks for checking with them. I just wanted to make certain. I'm still a little confused about one thing, though.

Having more than one app for the same general character in different sections of RP here is not quite on par with how RP usually goes here.

If this is the case, why did I get the response that I did in the topic I linked to in the post above? I was under the assumption that meant we could have more than one app for the same character in WoE and CC if it was a different version of that character. I'd heard people do things like add fighting abilities to apps in CC that they couldn't in WoE, even though it's the same character. And even if I understand why I can't do this with Hard Truths because Vermithirod can't shapeshift, I have another character that's a Changeling that I planned to apply with.

I already got him accepted in CC as a changeling, but I had his Earth pony version ready to apply for in WoE. Again, according to the answer I got in the topic, I thought I was allowed to do that. Why would that be 'not quite on par' with how RP usually goes around here?

It's fine to do that, it's just that we don't get a lot of people wanting to app the same character in both sections. I guess 'not the norm' is better than 'not on par'.

Ah, alright, got'cha. Thanks for clarifying. Also, I think I edited Vermithirod's profile to be acceptable. Please let me know if there's anything else I need to change!

Cool :D You have everything ready to go here... Perhaps take out the one remaining reference to "Truths" that is in about the middle of the history section. Other than that little detail, this looks fine to me. I shall pass it up! Thanks for your understanding as we worked through this one ;)

Archived