[Griffon]Sky Pirate Harle (aka Harle Blackclaw) (FINAL)

Ashton

Name: Sky Pirate Harle (Harle Blackclaw)
Species: Griffon
Eye colour: Green
Character colour: Blue feathers, brown fur
Mane/Tail/Other: Dark Blue (eyemask)
Physique: Well toned
Residence: Constantly on the move (grew up being shifted between the griffen lands and pony lands)
Cutie Mark: NA
Unique Traits: Strong leader, good combatant, (poor tactician), Still honorable enough to be considered a "hero" (or Antihero) in most circles

History:
Harle grew up in a more-than-modest home, her parents both bringing home good pay (One being a shipwright, the other a politician) it was here that Harle picked up most of her unofficial education on both leading others and maintaining a ship. Due to frequent dealings with ponies, she became very tolerant with them as a whole, which would explain her downfall later in life.

At a young age, she met Silver Star, a noblepony (or more 'noble foal' at the time) who traveled often with his parents and for better or worse the two became quite good friends, sharing stories of their travels. Unfortunately, that tender childhood friendship blossomed into something much deeper as the pair got older. Silver's parents did not approve of him dating a griffen, especially one who was "not of noble blood" considering her a "low life commoner" and when the two refused to end their relationship, Silver's mother used her political clout to ruin the family's reputations with a vicious scandal. Despite it being proved a lie, the reputation stuck and Harle's mother soon was forced out of politics and her father's once proud business began to falter.

Between her family's waning income and her coltfriend (well, but then fiance) being locked away from her, Harle finally had enough. She used the skills learned from her mother to form a crew with the intention of rescuing her fiance from his proverbial prison tower, and along the way find any reasonable way of making money to provide for her aging parents, all with Silver's father doing everything in his power to thwart, vilify, and destroy Harle in any way possible (Not that her motley crew and morally-ambiguous acts were doing her reputation any favors). Little did she know that this was the start of what would be a long and convoluted story...

Character Summary/Personality:
There are two sides to Harle, there is the tough-as-nails captain who wont hesitate to floor one of her crew if they deserve it and who would stare down death with a ferocity that would make even the reaper himself uneasy... then there is the tender, caring side that only her closest friends and her fiance get to see. The side that seems *almost* innocent, lovable, fun, and kind. Even while pillaging a town Harle still shows some compassion and restraint. She may be a pirate but she has standards... however woe be unto those who have her fiance captive, for she is waiting and building her strength. One day she will rescue her love, and to hell with any who dare stand in her way...

harle_small.png

Hi! I actually think this app is quite well written. Good character back story and the character has many dimensions. Yep, overall I like her. A couple of things I might suggest changing is that it's generally spelled 'griffon', and I think 'cow' is usually used to give gender to caribou and other hoofed beast... griffons go by male and female as I understand... ;)

When you do change this to (ready) I'd be willing to sign off on passing this along for you!

Hi! I actually think this app is quite well written. Good character back story and the character has many dimensions. Yep, overall I like her. A couple of things I might suggest changing is that it's generally spelled 'griffon', and I think 'cow' is usually used to give gender to caribou and other hoofed beast... griffons go by male and female as I understand... ;)

When you do change this to (ready) I'd be willing to sign off on passing this along for you!

Hey, I once say it written "Grrrrypheen" so :P (yes I'll change it)

Depends on who's writing your reading. Most of the Griffens I've read about were in Piers Anthony's works, where he does use the term 'cow' for a female... I can change it though, I just like the humor of it, especially if an outsider hear is "*gasp* He just called you a cow?!" (and as awkward as this is to admit, I dont think I've ever real a MLP fic with griffens except mentioned in passing so I have no idea what the FIM fandom uses for the respective male/female >.<)

Archived