The wheels of feelings (Sign up and preparations)

Okay, I've been wanting to do this for a loooong while and have even been preparing this on the side. I'm not totally done with it, but it's going to be okay to start it anyway.

I've been wanting to make a series of RP that tells the story of my characters and how they met and all... plus it's a big adventure with lots of drama and action and stuff. 

So the series will be composed of:

- 10 episodes to create a whole story

- It's a series that will turn around the theme of emotions.

- As said previously it will be an adventure, action, drama and even some romance type of RP.

- The series will contain a lot of battles.

Synopsis: An ancient legend comes back to life. The fairies from the land of Florasia know of it. The Great Fairy Arbora was the one who sealed it away once. Now that is it back, it will be for Seria and her friends to get rid of it for good, but not without the help of her trusted staff Anima. The girls will have to travel many places and clear their path from the many obstacles that will stand in their way. It will be a difficult and moving adventure. But through their traveling they will meet kind souls who will help them and who will become friends for life too.

And here is the list of the episodes in order:

Episode 1: Powerless cold

Episode 2: The joy of the fairies

Episode 3: Anima's good spirit

Episode 4: An optimistic luck

Episode 5: Death does not feel (Part 1)

Episode 6: Death does not feel (Part 2)

Episode 7: The confused king

Episode 8: A war for love

Episode 9: Sad confrontation

Episode final: The Goddess of emotions

Obviously there will be some rules to respect since I hold this series rather dearly and don't want to mess it up. Know that this story happens in what I call ''my world''. This means it's not canon at all to the show and so I won't respect everything from the show, as in... I come up with a lot of things, hence why I play in the Free For All section of the site. So it's not possible to play a canon character as well. It'll all be OCs only. I try my best to have my things make sense, though. 

So here are the rules:

1: Absolutely NO OP character. I think you know what I mean by OP (overpowered) or even GodMod. Please respect the other players' actions and do not control their characters in the slightest. As for the rest, well I don't want a character that's an expert on everything, or a character that can never lose, a character that knows the cures to everything... I'm just giving random examples, but you get the point. I'll talk about the GodModding some more in the battle rules later on.

2: For this series, I will not accept any one liners. I want a minimum of effort to be put in your writing. One paragraph minimum should do it, but I'd appreciate it if you could do more too. If you could be careful with your grammar, that'd be nice too. 

3: Respect other players, obviously.

4: It's a story. It's already all scripted. So there is one path to follow and I would like for everyone to follow it well. It's okay to derive from it a little from time to time, but never completely. 

5: If you have any questions or suggestions you can put it in here or ask me through PM.

6: Don't forget to have fun! ^^

Now the rules for battles:

I believe that battles in RPs have a way to be written. If a character attacks, there is always a way to block or dodge the attack. I mean, every single attack doesn't not hit 100%, but more like 99%. There's always this 1% that allows an attack to fail because of many different factors. And even if the attack hits.. it doesn't mean it'll hit the target with its full power. Could graze the character. When I talked of GodModding earlier, it also means that you can't decide if the other character is hit or not.

So when an attacker wants to perform an attack, his goal is to reach the target and deal damage or whatever effect the spell can have. That's his goal. The defender? He wants to avoid or block the attack.

Attacker: The attacker will perform his attack on the target. In the written post, I think it's better when the person makes a good description of the attack. If it's fast, slow, big, strong, weak, at what distance it is performed, etc. This allows the other to know what is going on and what the attack is supposed to do. That way the defender will have a good idea of what he can do 

Defender: The defender will see the attack approach and will want to defend himself. He'll try to dodge or block and in certain cases will take the attack knowing he can resist it. Whoever replies will be able to use the previous post to help himself understand how he can deal with the attack. That way the defender can use his character's abilities right so it's all done fair and square. It's also a good idea for the defender to detail his post as much as he can so we understand well how it was done and so it can give some more maneuver to the other players.

IMPORTANT: Not all battles will be won! This is a story, so some battles will be scripted so they will make sense and follow the course of the story well. The enemies shown in the RP won't be complete idiots either, they will be strong and adapted so that the battles are hard, but fair as well.

I think it's important to note that if we have too many characters (I'm going to have 6 myself in total) then I'll find a way to make the enemies strong enough or fight just a few of our characters so it's more fun for everyone. Defeating a big enemy too easily is just plain boring. Just want to point out that normally my girls would pull through the entire story by themselves and without the help of your characters... so I'll need to adapt everything to yours ^^;

-----------------------

Now I'd like to mention something here too. When I write, I listen to music. All the time. It simply inspires me and I will put links in the RP to songs that I think fit the mood of the story. There will be all sort of songs going on. Songs for battles, for more soft moments, some for sad events, comical situation, etc. It's just a pleasure of mine to make music fit something that I read or even draw. So it's something i'd like to experiment with others too. I'd love above all to share what I listen to with others. Actually all of this story is something I just want to be able to share with others and I thought that making it an RP would be a nice idea.

There is one other thing that I haven't done before in any RP ever in my life... draw scenes. I will sketch the scenes as we go through the story just to give a good picture of what's going on. Of course I'll need your characters' descriptions for this and a visual reference would be the greatest to help me out. So, just let me show you how it'll appear in the RP at least. 

Music: http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=p7yKA3yeUbM#Clannad_OST_~_Hurry%2C_Starfish

Sketches: post-9097-0-95814900-1434051282_thumb.pn

I think that should be all. If I remember anything, I'll add it up in this very post so everything is at the same place. Now, for those interested in joining, I'd like for you to put a good profile sheet of your characters. Of course you can have more than one character, but I won't be able to have too many players, though since it'll be a big thing in itself to manage... managing too many players would render the thing way too difficult for me. 

So that'll be that. If you have more than one character you want to play, we could make them arrive in the story in a progressive manner. My characters will all be listed here with their profile and all, but I can tell you right away that I will play:

Violet Charm

Glady Leaf

Seria Rosa

Freesia

Dahlia

Lucky Bell

And some more as well later on. Yet the RP turns around those 6 and it will start with Violet, Glady and Seria only while the others will arrive later in the story. 

Last thing: I'll take 2 or 3 more players in this for a total of 4 players, including me. 

Spots:

- Franshpout (Me)

- PrincepftheNight

- CanvasMayHogany

- AlextheAngel

So... who would like to try and participate in a long and dramatical adventure in order to help the world be saved?

Count me in!

You already know one of my OC, Darky. I'm going to use it, but as an alicorn. Don't worry, his magic skills is quite limited. He is most like a tank, but barely does damage. Of course, I will not make him OP.

Here is his CS

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20610-darkness-knight-and-golden-lightning/

Is the first one. Of course, I will use his relationship with Luna if you allow me to.

It shouldn't be a problem, just as long as Luna doesn't appear. Canon things from the show will be mentionned, such as they will have to travel to Canterlot at some point, but won't be seen interacting with the princesses. 

I don't see any problems with Rym here, so she can be in ^^

Don't forget that you can pick more than one character, you guys. (If you want to, obviously).

Another alicorn XD Ah well, as long as they're not overpowered, I really don't see a problem with it. Welcome in!

Now it might take some time before I get to start the RP. I'll try to start it as soon as I can, but work gets in the way a lot (Working the whole week-end) Plus I want to finish up my character sheets before I start.

Oh and if you guys have a visual reference of your characters that would be awesome. It's not that I won't draw them without a visual reference, but it's much much easier.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20895-the-wheel-of-feelings-episode-1-powerless-cold-closed/

There you go, I decided to start it. I still have my two other characters to introduce, but so far Violet, Glady, Seria and Freesia are all presented in the Free For All character section.

Also Alex, just give me a detailed description of your OC and I'll attempt a sketch ^^

Just wanna announce that I'll probably be able to reply only next week or so due to life being busy with me this week-end 'till monday x.x besides I wanna sketch the next post too so that'll take me some time XD

Glad to see it's started, though ^.^

• 4 weeks later...

Um before we go on, I'd just like to point out that it's Glady who received the pile of snow on her head and not Seria. Seria is the fairy and Glady the earth pony ^^;

Archived