Savory Spell

Name: Savory Spell

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Light Blue

Mane/Tail Color and Style: Black w/ white and ocean blue streaks & free-flowing to resemble ocean waves

Build: A 'Celestia'-type build, skinny and feminine

Eye Color: Royal purple

Cutie Mark: Two mint leaves with an grape leaf in the middle, fanned out

Origin: Born on an island far off to the east

Roleplay Type: FiM/"Mane" RP

Occupation: Owner and Head Chef of Ambrosia Winds, an authentic foreign cuisine restaurant

Motivation: Watching how taken her father, Odysseus was with her mother's cooking as a young foal, it was that passion to see ponies enjoy her cooking that made Savory vow to bring her culture's unique tastes and dishes to all the Ponyverse.

Likes: Cooking, spending time with her father by the ocean, playing with her friends, singing and sweets.

Dislikes: Rotten fruit and vegetables, insects, too many people in the kitchen, and burnt food.

Character Summary: Born of her mother, Calliope (an Earth Pony) and her father, Odysseus (A unicorn), Savory Spell is a very kind-spirited mare unicorn. Being a unicorn naturally gives her magical powers, which helps out quite well in the kitchen, a luxury that her mother did not have. When Savory grew old enough, she set out to find places where her culture had not yet been introduced, the first destination being Ponyville, where she opened up Ambrosia Winds, her own cultural restaurant, where her most popular and prized dish is her ambrosia salad. Personality-wise, Savory is sweet, motherly, and kind. She will do anything to cheer up her friends and loves to make their favorite foods (even if it means going to the ends of the earth to find ingredients.) Savory is very good at speaking her mind and takes criticism quite well, unless said criticism is harsh. She does have a short tempre when ponies are too demanding/critical and will defend her family's pastime with a passion. She speaks with a light accent and has a melodious, lilting quality to it, much like Rarity's voice, only softer. Her only personality flaw is that she is somewhat spacey, especially in terms of romance. Whenever she starts daydreaming about meeting her true love, Savory tends to not pay attention to where she's going and sometimes, her cooking suffers for it, which makes her even more upset. She also does her best to help out her fellow working ponies by buying locally-grown ingredients. (For example, the Apple family's apples). Savory doesn't just fix foreign foods, either. She is more than willing to cook anything and everything under the sun by the ponies' request. She doesn't usually reveal her birthplace, because the island she calls home has a very small population and it doesn't like to be disturbed by outsiders.

Backstory to Cutie Mark Appearance: Savory received her cutie mark one day when Calliope told her to collect grape leaves for Odysseus' favorite dish (stuffed grape leaves), seeing as how Odysseus was returning from a week-long fishing trip. Savory immediately set off for the local market, but all the vendors had the same answer: they had run out of grape leaves because of a recent drought. But Savory wasn't deterred. She knew how hungry her father would be when he returned, for he wasn't the greatest fisherstallion. She ran all over the island, checking farms and forests abound, trying to find just one little grapevine from which she could harvest its leaves. Several hours later, she had almost thought about turning around and going home, when Savory's horn began to glow a bright blue and pointed to a little bush behind her. Savory moved the bush aside and found what she had been so desperate to find: A lone grapevine with plump, juicy grapes and large, flawless leaves. It turned out that she had discovered a little straggling creek, partially hidden from the harsh rays of the sun, where the vine had been able to grow and thrive. Savory gently plucked half of the leaves, just enough so that the vine still had some to catch the sunlight that peeked through the trees.

"There you go, little vine. I pray your leaves grow back even fuller and your grapes even sweeter."

And with that, Savory happily rushed back to her house, a basket full of grape leaves in her mouth. Once told about how far she had to go to find the leaves, Calliope asked Savory if she would like to make the stuffed leaves this time. When Odysseus returned from his ship, he was not so thrilled to hear that his daughter, who had very little experience in the kitchen at the time, had made dinner. But after some encouragement and filly-pony eyes from Savory, Odysseus agreed to try it and ended up loving the stuffed leaves that his daughter had made. He said they were just as good as Calliope's were, and that joy combined with Savory's kindness and determination caused her cutie mark to appear on her flank, the two mint leaves and an grape leaf, the two main herbal ingredients of stuffed grape leaves.

Extra Notes: Savory lives in Ponyville currently because that's where she opened up her restaurant. She arrived there by way of her father's fishing boat, and she was immediately pleased with how friendly everypony was, so she decided to set up shop there instead of going and looking somewhere else.

-And of course she stays in touch with her parents! Savory loves her parents dearly and writes to them every week. Odysseus has now started to, much to Calliope's irritation, begun to send letters back just to annoy her. Savory has grown to expect this and now sends magicked letters that can't be sent back (because Odysseus doesn't know the counter-spell).

Interesting character you have here I like how she has a touch of Greek with her

Although I'm not sure if everything you've listed here will be alright I'll have to check with Manestream about it.

Other than that I would like to know how she received her cutie-mark, what else does she plan to do to spread the wonderful taste of greek food?

While I do like this character, some of the things you have in your application won't fit into the show Roleplay area.

Celestia and Luna are the highest power there is, since we haven't seen otherwise in the show. That means there are no other gods or even any other Alicorns.

Savory Spell sounds like a great name for a pony, and there's nothing wrong with having an ethnic restaurant.

If you want to keep her as a demigoddess (and keep references to other gods), you can certainly use her in the Equestria Crossovers RP section, where pretty much anypony is allowed.

Remember that you can have any number of characters, so if you want to make another character for show Roleplay you can, or you can edit this one to better fit. The staff are totally willing to help you if you would like to make any changes or ever need help fleshing out a character.

Looking better! Although I do have a few questions where does she reside now? What is her personality like? Does she still keep in touch with her parents? What is her goal?

I must also say that I'm not sure the island of Carrot on the Marediterranean Sea will fly. Sorry but if you could choose one of the approved areas that would be great. One last thing is that I'm not sure we can use Greeks since we don't want to have any real world labels but I'll have to check with my higher up about that and I'll get back to you asap.

Other than that I think this is fantastic!(I've always liked Greek Mythology :) )