Official Discussion Thread - S05E10 Princess Spike

Whilst you can obviously have substituted her for any other pony in this position for the episode, the point is that Cadance was the one delivering the comments, which is what many people are happy to see.

So you're saying that her simply existing is enough to get praise from you people?

If she's in the episode and has something of a role to play, which she DID here regardless of how switchable she was, then it's a good thing.

I wouldn't spend any time worrying about what other folks enjoy in ponies, not all tastes are shared - and no 'choice of taste' is better than anothers, either.

The thing with spike is that at the core of his character he is a foil to the mane 6 and more specifically twilight. He has developing episodes, but for the sake of plot he often reverts. Discord is unique in that his development has been in line with spike. He too can be considered a foil, only in regards to the story rather than one specific character (lack of friendship) however as a character he has more range because of his age and power, so he appears to be better balanced.

As for bg ponies.. No just no

What's the deal with Cadence having new powers in every episode she appears in? First love, fair enough. Then barriers, ok I thought that was her husband's thing but whatever. Then laser beams, which I think is just the worst. Now she can grow giant crystals out of anything because why the hell not?

I was enjoying the first half of it. Then when Spike went into overdrive with his draconian-deceitfulness, I skipped it to the last 1/5th of the episode... Not really good, in my opinion.

I sorta wish he didn't do what he does like he did in his previous episodes: Being over self-indulging.

I was enjoying the first half of it. Then when Spike went into overdrive with his draconian-deceitfulness, I skipped it to the last 1/5th of the episode... Not really good, in my opinion.

I sorta wish he didn't do what he does like he did in his previous episodes: Being over self-indulging.

Actually he didn't. I mean, he kinda did, but none of the "bad" stuff he did had anything at all to do with the negative consequences. In fact, everything bad that happened was because he was genuinely trying to do what he was tasked with and help Twilight. The reason it all went to hell is because the other ponies were being unreasonable.

Archived