World Friendship Expo 2015 OOC Discussion Thread

Cripes! This came out of nowhere!

I'm a big fan of the old World's Fair, so I can see my characters popping in one of these Rps..or all of them!

Just need free time..

And hopefully Mister Whinny (Of Whinnyland) has a few attractions this year... ;)

Please no invasion >>

No, no invasions or any other surprises this time.  Straight slice-of-life RP about learning the cultures of Equestria.

This is an event. It is a limited time Roleplay that all WoE and CC users are allowed in. Beyond that, this is a World Friendship Expo- a gathering of the many cultures, species, and nations in the world to showcase friendship as well as the unique facets of all varying species, cultures, and nations. You may go from booth to booth, exhibit to exhibit, learning and having fun with other attendees as well as those running the booths. Further rules and information may be found here: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/21027-world-friendship-expo-2015-information-and-rules-questions-welcomed/

A Discord thread for this will be coming soon! Still trying to figure some things out, but my idea is some sort of 'Chaos Fun World,' basically a tent or something where people step inside and anything is possible- with no harm done to anypony, of course. And also they can talk to Discord and learn about him, since the event is all about learning about pony cultures. :D

And what's with the changelings? You'd think after all the death and destruction they had caused over the last two years, Celestia would probably turn down their offer for a full exhibit...Maybe start with baby steps..Even if these are changelings from a different hive/ground/family whatever. And there would also be better security so no other changelings would be able to sneak about...and then we'd have a repeat from the previous Nightmare Night.  :-|

I can answer that, Taco.  It's actually continuing from CC continuity in this thread, where one changeling (Naj) applied for asylum as a defector, and Princess Celestia began a process of diplomatic normalization, in an attempt to encourage those who were interested in peaceful co-existence.  After all, being in a perpetual state of conflict is just not an Equestrian way of doing things.

Thankfully we don't follow the comic canon, where the Changelings are 100% as nasty than in the show. :-|

Still, even with the diplomacy going on, they'd still want to have something to keep certain elements from ruining the whole thing..

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in having their character fly that can be arranged at the Aquillia booth. Geronimo has some enchanted blades and ponies who want to practice flying can do so with another couple special enchantments :)

Archived