"You're a Gem (Pony) Now!" - The Crystal Empire Booth (Sponsored)

DXGLWmd.png

The Crystal Empire’s concept for its World Friendship Exhibition was... simplistically unorthodox to say the least. Rather than going the standard route of showing off the culture of her realm, Princess Cadence proposed to personally give visitors to the Empire’s booth a most unique gift of sorts. It was something he thought of based on her remembrances of the Crystal Heart working its magic whenever powered by the light and love of all the Empire’s citizens. Namely, that any creature within the Heart’s area of influence temporarily gained a crystalline form (complete with a new hair-do in many cases).

Of course, bringing the Crystal Heart down to Manehattan was absolutely out of the question. Without it, the Empire would lose all its magical protection. However, one day when Princess Cadence was using free time away from her usual royal duties to read old scrolls from the private Imperial Archive (something her sister-in-law would highly approve of), one document caught the alicorn’s attention. Apparently, one scroll detailed the great accomplishment of a crystal unicorn conjurer during the Pre-Classical Era, who discovered that those ponies filled with immense light and love could use a spell to endow with the same type of magic as that of the Crystal Heart. Essentially, recipients of the conjurer’s “blessing” received the sparkling translucent coats enjoyed by crystal ponies themselves.

No crystal pony would then have been surprised to discover that Princess Cadence was more than qualified to wield this wondrous spell. Further research on the alicorn’s part though showed that the spell’s effects on a recipient only lasted for several hours at best. Yet as it just so happened, Cadence discovered the spell right around the time when the Empire’s exhibition for the Friendship Expo was in-progress. Struck with inspiration, the Crystal Princess convinced the rest of her planning committee that giving others the chance to walk as “crystal ponies” was a marvellous idea. After all, not every pony had the opportunity to attend the Crystal Faire to experience the effects of the Crystal Heart’s magic, so why not bring that opportunity to everypony else?

For the Expo, Princess Cadence herself would be running the Crystal Empire’s booth, which consisted of not much more than a gem-embroidered tent. The pink alicorn stood outside the tent opening to meet all who wished to get crystalline bodies, while several other crystal ponies prowled the nearby grounds to round up a crowd for their Crystal Princess. To entice crowds even further, Cadence made sure to cast her spell on herself before the Expo opened, ensuring that she too became “crystally” for all others to see.

So what are you waiting for? For one day only, BECOME a crystal pony!

Spoiler

OOC: By getting in line to be endowed by Cadence's light & love magic, you consent to your character's body receiving a fabulous crystal shine and misc. appearance changes for the duration of the Expo. Cadence's spell will wear off once the Event ends, meaning that your character's physical appearance cannot be permanently changed.

bon_bon_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d5ld4da

Bon Bon was a mare of many identities. Well, just two, but the point was she was used to sort of sneaking about without ponies noticing her too well. Or blending in so well because she was so noticeably like everypony else in the area! Really, either plan worked. And for her, nothing played a bigger role in that than being able to rely upon ponies she cares for. Lyra- without Lyra, Bon Bon would be a rather bland pony now. Different hats, different voices, different names- but without Lyra, Bon Bon would just be some weird amalgamation of factors and characteristics used to complete her missions from an organization that no longer existed. Now her talents were used to sell treats so she could make a better life for herself and Lyra and hopefully, one day, earn a great vacation. And where would that vacation be? To the Crystal Empire. Hopefully.

She would need to do a lot better, though. She could make the best bonbons on the planet but she couldn't compete with the selection of Sugarcube Corner! Nopony could. So they got by doing what they could do, but that vacation appeared ever elusive. They could always go to Prance but...eh, nopony really wanted to go to Prance, though the Prench would tell you otherwise. No, the Crystal Empire was the goal. And if she couldn't go visit the Crystal Empire, she would have to make due with the Crystal Empire visiting her. Well, again, close enough- Manehattan wasn't too far removed from her life.

So here she was in front of the booth to the Crystal Empire. Tent more like. Lots of pretty gems- and a pretty princess. Cadance was a Princess that Bon Bon didn't know so well, not anything like how she knew Celestia (as ruler and employer), Luna (defender of Bon Bon's dreams), and Twilight (pretty decent friend). She didn't expect them to become best friends or anything, but it was good to see her all the more for it. No pressure to be great, just be yourself and let the cards fall how they may. And get cool swag! Great day! “Hello, Princess Cadance! A fine day for an Expo, right? So, whatcha got in store for guests here, eh?” Bon Bon asked, eventually elbowing the Princess with a friendly wink...and a Vanhoover accent to boot.

Eventide Corsucate, a red unicorn mare with an off-white mane and a moody expression approached the Crystal Empire booth tentatively, her eyes falling upon the face of Princess Cadance. She smiled, pleased with how far she had gotten. With her disguise in effect, no one there at the Expo would ever suspect her true identity--that of none other than Chrysalis, the mighty Queen of the Changelings herself.

While some of her sillier vassals wasted their time on pageantry over at the changeling exhibit, Chrysalis herself had  decided to pay a visit to the Expo as well--only to use the opportunity to spy on ponies from nations across the world and acquire as much information as she could. To start things off, she had set her eyes on a very familiar target--the silly pink princess whom she had once impersonated for month, now ruler of the returned Crystal Kingdom.

There weren't a lot of ponies there at the Crystal Empire exhibit quite yet, just a single earth mare, so the disguised queen decided to make her approach.

"Princess Mi Amore, it is my honor and delight to make your acquaintance," Eventide spoke reverently, bowing her head. "I am called Eventide and I am a student of magics here visiting this curious event from the far off city of Kastrot," she said somewhat distantly. 

"I have much curiosity for your empire and the strange and unique magics which surround it. In the spirit of this expo where our cultures are shared, might you be willing to discuss some of it with me?" she asked hopefully, affecting a hint of shyness as she looked around.

wre6o5.jpg

Fast Track was full of energy today! It was Expo-Time! So much to see! So much to do!

After his parents decided to take a break and enjoy the ‘Tastes Of The World’ booths, or whatever they called them, the colt had been given permission to check out some of the other exhibits while they relaxed. He knew where he was going first, and that was the Saddle Arabian exhibit! While he found the horses of the old country to be rather intimating, he really did want to take a peek at the impressive display of Arabian inventions they had created. And he heard the mares were incredibly gorgeous. And while they were probably not as pretty as Amber Glass, he would still end up getting a picture of himself surrounded by the exotic beauties! The little brown Pegasus pony glanced down at the camera that hung from his neck with a smile on his face. He would take some good pictures today!

And the first picture he took was of a crazy mare chatting with what appeared to be an life sized crystal statue of Princess Cadance! What a silly pony! Statues can't talk!

The colt had hoped they would have one of the ever-impressive and heavily modified A4 class locomotives that the Crystal Empire used on display, but could not find it. Maybe they had at least a model inside the tent. After he decided the Saddle Arabians could wait, Fast Track cantered his way towards the tent. And as he did, the pony took a good look at the statue. "Wow, that's one impressive looking statue there Miss.", he let out a whistle as he examined the figure. "Wonder if Princess Cadance is that pretty in real life...."

The colt and his family had planned on traveling to the Crystal Kingdom during last year's 'Crystal Fair', but their trip had been canceled after the Crystal Train did not return to pick up passengers, and he would later find out why...

DXGLWmd.png

On 7/12/2015 at 9:55 PM, SteelEagle said:

“Hello, Princess Cadance! A fine day for an Expo, right? So, whatcha got in store for guests here, eh?”

One of the first ponies to show up was a mare that Princess Cadence thought looked vaguely familiar. Yes... the earth pony might have been one of the guests at the wedding of Mr. and Mrs. Donkey in Ponyville. Anyhow, the mare had a question that Cadence would answer with a smile; “Well today, I’m giving ponies the opportunity to feel how it’s like to be immersed in the special magic of the Crystal Empire. With a spell from me. you’ll look just like a crystal pony for several hours!”

While not one to normally showboat, Cadence turned her body slightly to the side and stretched out her wings to give the earth pony a better view of her crystalline figure. Shutting her eyes briefly, the pink princess arched her head back, letting her radiant coat magnificently glitter for everyone around to see. A few seconds later, Cadence stopped posing to ask the mare; “So, would you like me to turn you into a crystal pony for the day?”

On 7/12/2015 at 10:56 PM, Rarity said:
"Princess Mi Amore, it is my honor and delight to make your acquaintance," Eventide spoke reverently, bowing her head. "I am called Eventide and I am a student of magics here visiting this curious event from the far off city of Kastrot," she said somewhat distantly. 

"I have much curiosity for your empire and the strange and unique magics which surround it. In the spirit of this expo where our cultures are shared, might you be willing to discuss some of it with me?"

The next visitor to come up to the exhibition was a shyish-sounding magic student from Kastrot. Somehow, Princess Cadence saw in her mind this Eventide unicorn becoming a fan of Twilight Sparkle should the two ever meet. Come to think of it, didn’t Twily have a friend like that back in magic school? It was hard to remember the exact details; that was about the time Cadence and Twi temporarily drifted apart from one another.

Back to the present, Cadence politely addressed Eventide; “Please call me Cadence, Eventide; and feel free to stick around. I’m just about to give a demonstration of the Crystal Empire’s magic. Experience for yourself how it feels like to be bathed in the power of light and love that energizes the Crystal Empire!” It never hurt to let loose one's inner stage magician every now and then. Especially since the princess was more or less running a stage show at the Expo, with her as the star magician.

On 7/12/2015 at 10:56 PM, Tacobob said:

"Wow, that's one impressive looking statue there Miss.", he let out a whistle as he examined the figure. "Wonder if Princess Cadance is that pretty in real life...."

Overhearing the innocent comment of a young passerbyer, Princess Cadence covered her mouth fruitlessly as her lips sweetly let loose a giggle. She was no stranger to the admiration of star-struck colts, but this had to be the first time that the Crystal Princess got mistaken for a statue. It must be because usually, Cadence only possessed a glittery coat when in the presence of the Crystal Empire’s citizens. Down here in Manehattan, most ponies have probably never even seen a crystal pony before!

Cadence said no words to the young colt just yet; she wanted to see first how he’d react to a “statue” that suddenly giggled in front of his eyes.....

Ahh, so that was it! Pretty cool. Bon Bon had to admit it would be really cool to be a Crystal Pony, if even for a day. She wondered if it really felt any different or if her experiences impersonating others would pay off by dulling it. Maybe a Crystal pony felt really hollow inside. Or were they extremely heavy? She had never seen a Crystal pony outside of the Empire. Maybe that was because every time a pony stepped outside of their city they caused huge hoof marks and broke buildings. That would actually be kind of fun. Or maybe it would just be sparkly and pretty looking, which would be fine too really. She wasn't somepony who needed it but who could say no to looking like sparkly fun? Too bad Lyra wasn't here. She would get a kicj out of Crystal Bon.

“Of course I would! You'd have to be nutty to say no. You look like a million gems. Good thing there's no dragons about or they'd eat you all up! How're you doing? What else you gotta show from the Empire? I wish Lyra was here but it's just me. Gotta get something for her- she'll just die thinking of this if I don't get something for her,” Bon Bon started off really sure of herself but started to trail off with a slight worry tinging her tone as she started think of her marefriend. Lyra always got her something no matter where the unicorn went, no matter what was happening, or what she had to do: Bon Bon would make sure to return the good nature and, if possible, do so tenfold.

"That sounds wonderful, Princess Cadance," Eventide said, feigning a deep interest. "I've done a bit of studying on transformation spells, but I've yet to be able to manage one myself--the magic is just so complicated, even when you're only changing something small."

"To completely change a pony from one thing to another--even just temporarily--is truly an incredible feat. You must be as skilled with magics as one would expect of your station to be able to manage it," she enthused. "Speaking of transformations, did you hear there's even a changeling exhibit here at this Expo? Surely, that will be fascinating. I've read a little about them and their peculiar magic, but I imagine nothing can compare to seeing one change shape before your eyes."

Chrysalis' reasons for bringing up the matter of changelings were two fold--one she wanted to see how her former captive reacted, and two she figured it would alleviate suspicions directed at her more than if she avoided the subject. Her chosen character, after all, was a student of all things magical--it made the most sense for her to be interested in uniquely magical creatures like changelings.

"But that can wait until later," she said with a nod. "I am far more interested in the Crystal Empire to tell the truth. Removed from the world timeline by a dark curse for a thousand years--posessing its own unique magical brand--everything about it is utterly fascinating."

DXGLWmd.png

On 7/14/2015 at 12:52 AM, SteelEagle said:

“Of course I would! You'd have to be nutty to say no. You look like a million gems. Good thing there's no dragons about or they'd eat you all up! How're you doing? What else you gotta show from the Empire? I wish Lyra was here but it's just me. Gotta get something for her- she'll just die thinking of this if I don't get something for her,”

Answering further inquiries from the earth pony, Princess Cadence couldn’t help but chuckle. “Heh, I’m doing fine, thank you. Dragons aren’t actually that big of a problem for us at all. We may look like a million gems, but crystal ponies are still flesh and bone, which dragons... don’t care to eat really. Anyway, there’s a collection of artwork in the tent behind me made by some of the Empire’s finest artisans using only. I don’t think any of those are up for sale though; you’d have to ask the artists about that.”

On 7/14/2015 at 3:33 AM, Rarity said:
"To completely change a pony from one thing to another--even just temporarily--is truly an incredible feat. You must be as skilled with magics as one would expect of your station to be able to manage it," she enthused. "Speaking of transformations, did you hear there's even a changeling exhibit here at this Expo? Surely, that will be fascinating. I've read a little about them and their peculiar magic, but I imagine nothing can compare to seeing one change shape before your eyes."

"But that can wait until later," she said with a nod. "I am far more interested in the Crystal Empire to tell the truth. Removed from the world timeline by a dark curse for a thousand years--possessing its own unique magical brand--everything about it is utterly fascinating."

Initially, Cadence blushed bashfully when Eventide declared her to be a skilled magic user. The alicorn may have graduated from Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, but she’d never define herself as a spell-wielder. That was more Twilight’s thing anyway. But Cadence found herself putting on a brave smile when the subject of the changing exhibition was brought. To this day, the Princess of Love had never forgiven Queen Chrysalis for all her past crimes; kidnapping and imprisoning Cadence, impersonating her to feed off Shining Armor’s love, invading Canterlot to harvest its citizens, and whatever other vile things the monarch has done in the name of her species.

Truthfully, it took Princess Cadence a long time before realizing that she shouldn’t let her ill feelings towards the Changeling Queen impact her views on the rest of Chrysalis’s kind. As the moons passed, the more Cadence started to pity changelings for their biological inability to absorb love like everypony else. Based on various stories she heard since her wedding, the alicorn believed that changelings and ponies could in fact live side-by-side one day... but only after Queen Chrysalis loses her wretched griphold over her illegitimate throne.

However, Eventide didn’t give Cadence a chance to talk about the changelings before re-expressing her interest in the Crystal Empire’s magic. The alicorn was more than happy to sate the student’s curiosity about magic, but with what little Cadence knew about the unicorns of Kastrot, she anticipated difficulty in getting her point across. “As I see it,” the alicorn started off without a trace of awkwardness from hearing the unicorn’s observations on changelings; “I may have been born a thousand years after the Crystal Empire well, vanished, and yet I’ve always lived by the same philosophy that the crystal ponies developed long ago. If there’s one underlying secret about how the magic of the Crystal Empire works, and Equestria's too, here it is."

The alicorn took one intimate step closer to Eventide. "The most powerful magic in the world is created not by somepony’s skill, or knowledge,in using spells... but rather,” Cadence tenderly placed her hoof on Eventide’s chest; “it comes from nurturing the light in your heart. In all... our hearts.”

wre6o5.jpg

“Oh!”, the little brown colt was very sure the mare had been speaking to a statue, just until the large crystal pony figure started to speak! Now he felt rather silly! It wasn’t just a name to describe their city, the ponies there in fact could assume a crystal like form. Although he was rather confused on one thing. He could see through the royal mare, but he could not see in her. Which had been a good deal more favorable than seeing all of her inside bits. Still, it would answer a few questions the local tabloids were currently asking.

Being a proper Canterlot pony he knew there was one thing he HAD to do.

I do humbly beg your pardon, your majesty.”, he gave off a proper bow. While he was not sure if the mare with the pink and blue mane paid her respects to the ‘Princess Of Love’, he knew very well the unicorn did not. Hmmph. And this was the princess of love! She had to expert on love! Maybe she could answer his questions about the very subject. He had tried to ask his parents, but they would find an excuse to be be somewhere else very quickly. Or pretend to be asleep. Or tell him to ask his mother. Or father. Along with the tour/presentation that the princess had inside the tent, there was also a chance of becoming an actual crystal pony for one day! Holy socks! Won’t his parents freak out when they see that!

Princess Cadence was probably waiting for a few more people to get into line before leading the group into the tent, so he had to be patient. Hopefully now that he was going to spend time with an actual real princess, he could finally get his friend Wind Walker to shoosh up about her day with Princess Celestia!

DXGLWmd.png

On 7/14/2015 at 10:31 PM, Tacobob said:

I do humbly beg your pardon, your majesty.”

“Te he,” Cadence chuckled at the formality of the little colt; “There’s no need to get formal in front of me.” As the sweet-hearted kid hadn’t requested anything else other than the princess’s pardon, Cadence simply gave him a wink as she asked; “You wouldn’t happen to also want to become a crystal pony for today, would you?” Once Cadence got feedback from the boy (and Eventide, assuming the Kastrot unicorn was up to it), the alicorn planned on casting her first transformation spell of the Expo.

2mha9m9.jpg

“Te he,” Cadence chuckled at the formality of the little colt; “There’s no need to get formal in front of me.” As the sweet-hearted kid hadn’t requested anything else other than the princess’s pardon, Cadence simply gave him a wink as she asked; “You wouldn’t happen to also want to become a crystal pony for today, would you?” Once Cadence got feedback from the boy (and Eventide, assuming the Kastrot unicorn was up to it), the alicorn planned on casting her first transformation spell of the Expo.

wre6o5.jpg

“Oh yes your maje, er.”, the colt corrected himself, “Princess Cadence." Fast Track decided this was probably one of those 'once in a lifetime' moments in his life. And maybe he could use this as a subject for his school paper. 'My One Day As A Crystal Pony'. This would be far easier than trying to have someone nail a horn to his head so he could experience life as an Alicorn. The little Pegasus pony waited patiently for the spell to be cast...

There was a reaction to talk of changelings. The princess was clearly perturbed though she did what was in her power to mask it with a smile and moved quickly into giving her little speech.

Eventide tilted her head and considered the words she said. Chrysalis found she couldn't disagree with the overall sentiment. From her experience, magic truly was found in the heart. She just got at that magic in a different fashion from how these ponies, might, by absorbing it from out of their hearts and into her own.

It was important she always remained in character though, and she knew Maretonia was a cold and austere land. Eventide would find such thoughts more mystifying. "For all your wisdom of the world as princess, I'm sure you're aware of it, but we are taught very different things in Kastrot," she said. "Skill and wisdom are everything to a unicorn. To hone both is the truest and best path to greatness."

She paused as she seemed to consider it some more. "Though... perhaps there is something to these words of  you. I mean, there is immediate evidence to support the supposition. After all, when I did my reading on changelings it did say that they could use the love they siphoned from ponies hearts to magnifying their own magical power. If that is so, perhaps stands to reason that magic and what is in the heart must surely be connected."

DXGLWmd.png

There it was again; an uneasy smile from Princess Cadence triggered by a mention of changelings harvesting love. By now, she suspected that perhaps Eventide has never heard of Queen Chrysalis’s attempted invasion of Canterlot, or else she wouldn’t have been mentioning changelings so casually in front of somepony who had once been a prisoner of theirs. All things considered, was not an entirely unreasonable assumption. Well, at least the Kastrot unicorn seemed open to accept Cadence’s belief on magic as a valid truth, so it looked like the Crystal Princess would have another pony willing to volunteer themselves to be transformed by light and love!

“Now if the three of you would step this way,” Princess Cadence used her wings to assist her in “bouncing” with elegance onto a wooden stage adjacent to the tent; “I bestow upon you the gift of the Crystal Empire! May your bodies shine with the power of light and love on this special day!” Once the earth pony, pegasus colt, and Eventide made their way in front of Cadence on her stage, the crystalline alicorn serenely spread out her feathered appendages as the light-blue aura of her magic started glowing from her horn.

The Crystal Princess excepted that all three ponies will come out of this ritual looking like crystal ponies. In her pre-Expo research, Cadence also found out about a few potential side-effects of the transformation spell, although she couldn’t verify all these findings. Among other things, past recipients of the spell reported such things like an increased ability to emphasize, obsessive fascination with gems, reinvigoration of romantic thoughts, dysfunction of concealment spells, headaches for thinking malicious thoughts, and fits of vanity over one’s visual appearance all while temporarily transformed. Again, none of this Cadence could verify, and the princess suspected that the millennium-old research might have been confused some side-effects with the personality traits of ponies who lived in the era.

However, what the alicorn did know from personal experience was that becoming a crystal pony didn’t make one look just like a walking gemstone, but what she could only loosely describe as feeling like her spirit consisted of nothing but positive energy; a being of blinding light. That was only her personal description of being transformed though; things could always be different for other ponies based on a wide number of things.

Meanwhile, a literal light consumed the three ponies standing before Cadence as her alicorn magic worked in full-gear. Once the magical brightness subsided, three new crystal ponies would emerge for every on-looker to see.....

Bon Bon was excited to see the little group come together by order of the Princess to be changed momentarily into Crystal Ponies. Bon Bon wasn't an especially vain mare and she sure as heck didn't think to herself that what she needed in her life was more beautification, but anything for Lyra at this stage. Bon Bon's greatest defect was her inability to do things right and well by Lyra and even though this was temporary, there would be something she could share with her. Some memories. Maybe something more. Bon Bon wasn't a mare who needed to have memorable experiences all day every day, but today counted as exceptional for her. No reason she couldn't make it exceptional for Lyra too.

After a moment, the Princess went about her work. Bon Bon felt herself being lifted up, her apprehensions countered by her trust in Cadance. Then there was a feeling of intense numbness all across her body- eve a brief disconnect from her mind, unconsciousness taking over for a moment in time. It all came flooding back as she landed, the numbness falling back as quickly as it had come. What was left behind- her mind seemed cleared, at least of the worries she had earlier. Calmness. Well, for a moment at least. A flood of positive energy crackled throughout her followed by a slight...oddness. No matter. She looked at herself- very crystally. Sparkly. Glowy. Beautiful. Not as beautiful as she should be perhaps, but beautiful nonetheless. She tossed her mane.

“Well...I need to get Lyra. I look absolutely gorgeous, hahahaha!”

wre6o5.jpg

Fast Track did not care for the red unicorn nor did he like how she continued to blather on about changelings. It was bad enough that those horrible monsters were actually given a booth in the Expo, now he had to hear this mare ramble on about them. Maybe she should have skipped the Crystal Kingdom area and went straight to the changeling section and then she'd be happy to kiss their moth-eaten hooves. He decided it would be for the best to keep quiet for the moment and concentrate on the Princess.

He followed the trio as they made their way onto the stage. What Cadence said made him think. He could not be filled with hate for this spell, even if his dislike of the 'bug-ponies' was justified in his own mind. He needed to think happy, positive thoughts or maybe the spell would not work on him. In his mind the dark creatures were quickly banished, and in their places were his friends and family. Ponies who deserved only love.

He closed his eyes, worried that he would be blinded by the light of the magic. And in just moments he was a crystal pony, as were the others.

"Holy Socks!", he glanced down at this right hoof after the transformation. While his coat color probably didn’t make the best choice for a crystal color, it still looked awfully cool! And he did agree with the pink and blue mare, as she did look gorgeous, but not as much as Amber Glass would have looked in the crystal form. She would shine like a second sun. He let out a sigh before turning to the other mare, curious what the changeling loving mare would look like in crystal form...

Chrysalis noted the tortured smile on Cadacne's face with mischevious delight, but she said nothing more. She stepped forward when the princess indicated and watched her carefully as she performed her spell. She had to be careful here. Timing was a critical thing. This manner of spell, could, after all, see her revealed, which would in turn make the whole situation precarious. She had loyal servants there at the changeling booth, but where she was now she was surrounded. To be revealed would to be overwhelmed--possibly captured, which would make the whole excursion entirely foolish on her part. No, she could not let the Cadance's magic change her. This expo was to be a peaceful day and not one for needless struggles.

The solution was a simple one. At the moment Cadance's magic was to touch her, she'd cast her own glamour to repel it and then shift her disguise to one of a crystal pony. If she stood toward the back and was quick with it, she had confidence these ponies would not know the difference--not with Cadance's magic being so bright as to leave them for the moment blinded. When the light cleared, she was in fact standing as a crystal unicorn and smiling.

"Such truly amazing magic, Princess Cadance!" Eventide declared. "Look at how we look," she said, feigning excitement. Truly Chrysalis felt it absurd that ponies would get excited over such a cosmetic change, but she really had no idea that to be a crystal pony felt any different. "it's incredible."

"I've heard that your Crystal Heart can affect this same manner of magic for all creatures within your entire empire when the conditions are right. Is that true?" she asked with deep curiosity after a moment's pause.

DXGLWmd.png

Once the light of Princess Cadence’s magic subsided, three ponies with the coats of crystal ponies emerged from the spectacle. As expected, those three who volunteered to be transformed found themselves looking absolutely breathtaking! Tempering Cadence’s satisfaction however was the nagging sensation that something, or someone, tried repelling her magic during the demonstration. The princess didn’t know for sure as she was nowhere near being a master of magic, but in her crystalline form, she would have been subconsciously more sensitive to forces that tried fighting off light. It didn’t seem like the other three picked up on anything nefarious though; it seemed the transformations all worked perfectly as a matter of fact. Maybe Cadence’s head was merely playing mind games with her.

Indeed, the Crystal Princess picked up on the purifying light radiating from her volunteers... at least, most of them. That same nagging sensation from earlier returned when Eventide expressed her excitement about her new coat, for Cadence was unable to pick up the same magical vibes she received from the other two ponies. In other words... something was wrong, although the alicorn couldn’t figure out why. Were Equestrian and Maretonian ponies really that biologically different from one another? All Cadence positively knew was that her intuition was ringing alarm bells.

In light of the princess’s newfound suspicious, she was increasingly feeling more ill at ease over Eventide’s continued inquiries into magic.Was there anything this unicorn was interested in other than spells? “You know,” Cadence flashed a polite smile; “I should refer you to my sister-in-law, Princess Twilight Sparkle. She knows more about all sorts of magic than I possibly ever could, even Crystal Heart magic. And she’ll just love to meet a fellow scholarly pony like yourself.” And while Twily is figuring out the mystery behind Eventide, she could maybe teach the Maretonian a thing or two about not burying one’s head in arcane scrolls all the time.

Taking care of that as best as she could, Princess Cadence banished her negativity away to turn her attention towards all her volunteers; “All three of you now possess the love and light of the Crystal Empire inside you. As you walk around this Expo today... I hope that you’ll be able to spread the magic of our realm to all the diverse people you’ll meet, as all beings thrive on the power currently inside your hearts.”

For a few seconds longer, Bon Bon felt the wave of magic still effecting her. Her mind was calmed but now had a more laser like focus on one thing that mattered tremendously to her. And no, it wasn't her looks- even if she did try and steal a glance at every mirror that she passed by. She knew she looked good but she had never had such an overwhelming sense of vanity colliding with the somewhat dirty ideas that passed through her mind. She knew what must be done and how to do it and the answer to the burning in her heart coincided with it all. She had come here for Lyra and by Celestia's tubesocks, Lyra would feel some definite crystal power soon.

“Hmm...well, it's been so much fun here and thank you Cadance, I feel absolutely breathtaking. Because I am,” she smirked, stifling a giggle as she tossed her man, “but I simply must be leaving now. I have to find Lyra and share with her this oh so very special gift,” her smirk grew before she looked out, “I'll make sure that you don't regret Crystallizing me. At least not today,” she laughed and trotted away, waving goodbye to the others. She had a certain Lyra to find that needed her Bon Bon, and needed her now. At least as far as Bon Bon was concerned, at least. Another mask, another look, just another way to love.

(Exit Bon Bon)

wre6o5.jpg

The little colt nodded his head as the co-ruler of the Crystal Kingdom spoke, “I’ll sure do all of that. Spread magic and such.”, the very impressed colt wasn’t sure how he would accomplish what Cadence asked him to do. Hopefully just by being an crystal pony and awesome at the same time would be enough. Maybe he should get a pair of cool shades? Oh feathers! Why couldn’t the rest of his friends be here? Thankfully his parents brought a camera so they could at least forever capture the one day he was a real honest to goodness 'crystal' pony. Maybe after they get the film developed, his folks could make a life sized poster of their very favorite (and only) son as a crystal pony! That would be something!

The mare with the pink and blue mane mentioned that she would 'share' the gift with a Lyra. How exactly would she be able to do such a thing? Would it be worth it to follow her back to this 'Lyra' and find out? Maybe not. He needed to find his parents as his now possibly crystal stomach was starting to grumble.

"Goodbye Princess Cadence and thank you!", he gave the pretty mare a wave before he spread his crystal wings and took to the sky. Now he had extra fuel to the 'Best Princess' fire. While it was awfully nice for Princess Celestia to share lunch with one of his friends, Cadence made him into a crystal pony! It sure was going to be hard to beat that!

(Exit Fast Track)

Archived