The Death Weapon Miester Academy. (Private: Seajay, Bass, Storm)

puzzlebeat

Tiph's thoughts were elsewhere as he scanned the area in his ever present vigil. His rustic eyes settled on one individual in particular and that was the wingless changeling. Just what in the world was that thing? Those odd blue's held something short of pure insanity in them. And the way he snapped up that soul was ominous. His bite power was enough to give a fully grown diamond dog a run for their money. He had the shape and form of a pony yet with an insect aspect about him. Tiph didn't trust this guy and he would be keeping a close eye on him. It wasn't until he felt something being put into his hands did he tare his gaze from the creature. "Oh." He said a bit surprised looking down at the bag of souls before looking up to Lance. "Er, I didn't see you there." He started with a shake of his head to clear his thoughts. "Thanks, Lance." A small grin formed. "We real-" He was cut off as the weight he was carrying suddenly increased as Miph changed from her weapon form.

"Hiya, Mr. Cool~!" The female twin greeted with a cheeky smile. Her legs were crossed firmly around her brother's waist and her long thin arms draped lazily over his shoulders, she slumped a bit so that she rested her chin on his head forcing his pointed ears to go to the sides. "It's good to see ya again." A mischief gleam shone in her crystal eyes as she straitened from her slouched position. "Say, I'm almost as tall as you now." She beamed with a grin as she measured their heights with her hand. "Thanks to a little help that is." She chuckled patting her twin on his head, receiving an unamused growl in response.  "Aw, are those for me?" She asked the bag catching her attention as she reached to get one.

Tiph not as amused by his sister's perching on him, and swatted at her grabbing hands. " Hmph, if you give me a moment I'll hand you one." He snapped a little ruffled by her movements. He reached into the bag and pulled out a rounded soul holding it up for her to grab.

Miph's eyes were round with wonder. "Ooh~! I haven't seen one of these since..." Her grin down turned a bit as her sentence trailed off in thought. She however, quickly dismissed it and smiled once more. "Heh, it kinda reminds me of a tadpole." She chuckled before looking at Lance. "I gotta admit this will be my first ever soul."

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm just nodded and followed to where he wanted to spack to him.He had something he wanted to say to him also.

Star just continue to look at the souls in her hands she was still lost in her thoughts but her rumbling tummy snap her out of it and she ate her first soul .It had a bit of slimy texture to it but tasted good she slowly ate the others

Lance chuckled a bit at Miph as she struggled to get the souls but had his attention torn away as the changeling asked him where Blake was. "Follow the big guy you met in the cage." Lance replied pointing to Storm. He watched the changeling with piercing eyes. He didn't like changelings much, he always considered them enemy since the day he wanted to be a solider. His attention was brought back to Miph suddenly when she spoke after her sudden pause. "Hm... oh I like to pretend their a fruit when I eat them. I up to 15 now." He lied, in truth he was only up to six but he wanted to impress the young diamond dog.

Blake turned to face Storm, glancing him over making sure he was alright. "This is weird. So many keeshin eggs in death city. Can you tell me how that might be possible?" He asked his teammate.

"ah! The one who... Helped me release some tension! No problem ehh... Short stuff." The changeling chuckled. He was actually almost as tall as storm, but still off by an inch. He looked at Lance with his solid blue eyes, and instantly changed to a different form with a flash of green smoke. He was now in the form of... Professor Stien. He stared down at the weapon with an evil smile. "Maybe... We can practice more, hmm? That first fight you all had was rather... Boring." 'Stien' chuckled and walked off, following storm to finally see Blake. "Ah! The captain of the team! Good to see you guys have organized so quickly!"

(For the record, I'm not trying to change the story with stien. The changeling merely spied on the fight before being captured.)

"Woah! Fifth teen?" She gasped fully excited for him. He very much succeeding in his attempt to impress her. Miph was thrilled for her teammate. Sure he still had ways to go but, still! "It sounds like I have some catching up to do."  She said before looking back to the soul in her hand. Her first step in reaching her goal for Death Scythe. She wasn't just doing this for herself or her team or even for DWMA. No, there was one other person she had to do this for.  The female weapon brought the soul to her mouth an swallowed it whole. She was a bit surprised on how easy it went and the actual taste was delightful in a weird way. "There's now way I'm gonna let ya leave me behind." She challenged Lance with a playful wink. 

Tiph cracked a grin upon listening to the two weapons. He too found himself amazed by the number of souls Lance and his brother seemed to rake up. His thoughts were cut short as the changeling drew closer. The young  scrawny dog stiffened as the fur rose on the back of his neck. His pointed ears going back and his jaw locked. Tiph glared daggers at the tall creature, a low warning growl rumbling in his throat. He did not want this thing near them...not Lance, himself, the rest of the team, and certainly not near his sister. And the intimidation he felt from the changeling only added fuel to the fire. He could feel Miph tightening her grip she had on his shoulders as if she was holding him in place.  His threatening stance soon changed to that of pure shock as the changeling morphed into their professor. He stumbling back a bit sending both him and Miph to the ground.  Both landing on their back sides in a unison "Ooof!"

Lance stepped between the changeling and the twins as the creature changed form, growing an axe blade from his forearm. "If you try anything there's eight of us and remember: you only steal one's face, not their skills." He said as it walked away. He was startled a bit when he mentioned the fight but after pondering he didn't surprise him. The changeling could have been anyone in that room at the time of the fight. He turned to the twins and helped them up. "You two ok?"

Blake expression went from calm to distress. "We need to get these civilians out. If there's a witch we need to go." He said contacting Lance via Resonance. 'Lance. Get everyone out there's a witch in the building.' Blake turned to the changeling at the sound of its voice. "I wanted to thank you for helping Storm."

Lance nodded as his brother gave him the order. "We need to go. There's a witch but no one seems up for the fight." He announced to the twins, bass and bird. "Can you guys help me get the civilians to safety?"

The changeling chuckled just a bit. "Well, he helped me... I was on a scouting mission when these buggers got me! The Queen, Chrysalis, demanded that we find this witch that had been murdering our kin. We share the same rival now, and I would request that I help you from now on... As a sort of... Thank you, for helping me!" The changeling poofs back to his own from and kneels down to Blake. "I will also request that the Queen will make sure that when you are in need of help... We will send our warrior, Centipede, to aid you. Trust me when I say, no one can defeat Centipede!"

Bass was still shivering in fear of the changeling, and was only focusing on trying to calm down.

Bird nodded but pointed to Bass and shook his head. "He's... Gonna be like this for a long time."

Miph accepted the offered help from Lance and sprung back to her feet like a coiled spring, completely  un-affected by the fall she took. "Did you guys see that?" She beamed as her tail wagged excitedly behind her. She hadn't seen anything like that before. Miph had always found herself fully enraptured by any form of pony magic since she was just and itty-bitty puppy.  And this display of morphing really took the cake! She didn't understand why Lance and Tiph were supposed to the bug-pony. He hadn't done anything to  warrant any suspicion yet so...why were they so bristly toward him? A shrug. She was itching to walk over there and ask the buggy guy to change again.

"Thanks." He thanked Lance as he was helped to his feet while gingerly rubbing the back of his head. He didn't like that guy. How did he know about their fight and why was he able to morph into their teacher? He was already paranoid enough! He didn't need the added paranoia of not knowing for sure he was talking to was really them and not this guy! He could only roll his eyes at his sister's enthusiasm. She had no sense of stranger danger...everyone one was a friend in her eyes. Ugh, she would surely be the death of him one of these days. That or she would surely be the cause of him greying prematurely. He just knew it.  Tiph listened to what Lance said and nodded. "That sounds like a good idea. We'll help...right Miph?" He finished rather pointedly to get her attention.

"Hm?" She was still distracted with trying to figure out how exactly the changeling did that. Her eyes finally flitting back to the male teammates. "Oh, yeah!" She shook her head to get more focused on the task at hand. Right they were on a very important mission. Focus Miph! Focus! No time for pony magic. "You can count on us, Lance." She smiled at him and picked up the remaining three souls on the ground. She waited for orders as she quickly finished them off.

Blake hesitated at the changelings words, an ally of an old enemy. Maybe this event wasn't a entire waste. He contemplated the possibilities the changelings could offer against Arachnee. "Thank you, he sounds like useful ally." Blake said before changing the subject. "Did you see anything that would explain why there are so many keeshin eggs in death city?"

Lance inspected the wall. The building was old, he could easily bust down the wall with his hammer. There was two options: he break the wall and alert the rest of the goons in the building or have Bird fly each one out quietly. "How long would it take you to fly out a group of about twenty people?" He asked Bird looking upwards at the broken skylight.

• 4 weeks later...

"No, actually... The changelings never try to worry about the keeshins... Were too busy with trying to survive. The witch plans to kill us off..." The changeling was normally very crazy... But he started to take on a more serious tone. "We just want her dead... Our great hive is in shambles."

Bird thought on the question for a moment... He was a very strong stallion, so this wasn't very much of a task. "Hmm... I think I can do it in about an hour. But if I go full speed, I can get the civilians out in 45 minuets."

Bass looked at Bird with fear. He was in a fragile state right now, and he needed bird with him. "N-no, please! S-stay with me! T-the changeling might... T-try something!" He was just so scared of the changeling!

"Hey, you need to learn how to get over that stupid fear! You're just fine!" Bit snapped.

Tiph's focus switched to Bird as he talked nodding in understanding. Bird's wings were big and powerful he didn't doubt that the Pegasus' claims. Where was Storm? He was the only other Pegasus in the group and with the two of them working together, this mission would go faster. However the stallion in question wasn't in sight. It seemed this teammate had a knack for going off on his own. Sigh. Seems that they would have to think of something else. He glanced back up to Lance waiting for more orders. "What can we do to help, Lance?" He didn't think that they would be any help with carrying anyone out. The twins did indeed excel in the acrobatic department, though, he highly doubted that he and his sister would be able to lift and drag fully grown ponies up and out of the facility even if they were to work together.

Blake looked at the changeling, thinking about the possibilities that could come with this. "If you come with us maybe we can arrange a meet between Lord Death and your queen. That's the best thing I can offer." Blake said as Storm returned. "We're leaving. To dangerous for us to be here." He replied

Lance watched Bird and Bass have their back and forth before turning to face Bass. "He's right. Besides, there's a witch here. And honestly which is more terrifying?" He said before turning to Tiph. "Uh..." he thought for a bit before a random thought crossed his mind. He got closer to male diamond dog and began whispering "Yeah... it's a bit personal so don't laugh... is your sister seeing anyone?"

The changeling grinned. He shared a mind with the Queen, and having a deal with Lord Death about the Witch murdering his kin was absolutely amazing! "Of course! If it means we get the Witches head on a pike to decorate the hive, I will do anything for you, master!" The changeling bowed, as if in the presence of royalty. "Doomsday, at your service!"

Bass shook his head. "The witch i-isn't a bug, is she?"

"No, she's not. But the most you get from a changeling is a trick... But a witch... The least she does is kill you, and bring you back to kill you again and again!" Bird replied, leaving Bass' side. "I'm helping innocent people, and you want me to just sit here with you while they could possibly die!"

Miph picked up on the conversation between Bass and Bird noticing the escalating tone in the bigger stallion's tone. Better defuse this before things get a rocky again. She thought before leaping into action with a bubbly smile.  "Hey, hey, Bass!" She called skipping to the meek stallion's side. "How about you and I wrangled everyone up, hm?" These civilians were terrified and would be prone to panic. There was no telling what an ordeal they had went through. They could use a non-threatening and gentle presence to coax them into allowing the Pegasus to carry them out. And that was something Bass could provide. Plus, it would probably ease the frazzled pony's nerves to have someone next to him. "We could get them ready for Bird to carry out. And I'm sure the big guy will appreciate the help." She urged while linking an arm with his  and sending Bird a wink.

Tiph's curiosity grew as Lance leaned in closer as if to give some top secret mission. Where they going on a scouting mission? Perhaps going after the witch herself? However, he did not expect the next words that left the stallion's mouth.

Is your sister seeing anyone?

That lone thought floated around in the pup's now blank mind​. Seeing anyone...what does...oh.... And then a light went off in his head as the metaphorical cogs started turning again, the meaning of the question finally clicking. "Miph?" He asked throwing a thumb over his shoulder in her direction before looking back to the weapon before him. Duh, dummy. What other sisters do you have? His brain berated him. Tiph  shook his head to clear it and erase his initial shock. "Umm...n-no she isn't." He answered back in a hushed tone. "Lance do you..." He paused as he could feel the awkwardness that had settled over them. "like my sister?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lance stared blankly at the male pup. He could feel the awkwardness settle over them. The question hung in the air. "I... uh..." he stuttered, not sure how to continue. He finally swallowed the feeling in his throat and sighed.

"Yeah. She's kinda cute..." he said before stopping himself and realizing who he was talking to. "Please don't tell her."

~

Blake watched the changeling bow to him. He didn't like it. He preferred to people's equal not master. "Please stand. Bowing makes me uncomfortable." He said looking away. His attention was brought to Storm as he turned around.

"We go up." Blake replied. "Remember the window in the holding cell? Were flying people out of it." He explained to the Pegasus. "If you can help Bird airlift the civilians out, we can leave sooner.

Archived