The Beacon dueling club. (Private: Dreamy, Pyro, Shadow, and Puzzle)

puzzlebeat

The students of Beacon and their visitors sat in a round stadium with a large pit in the middle and several screens hanging from the roof. The pit was a 50 foot drop and in the center was Glenda Goodwitch. "These duals are an assessment of your skill and will determine who you will fight in the tournament. Don't show off too much though you don't want to reveal all your tricks just yet. Is there anyone who wants to go first?"

Silver Ice sat in the back and watched the assistant principal explain the duals. He wasn't going to volunteer though he wanted to observe before fighting anyone. He looked around the stadium assessing his opponents.

Tehengu sat in his chair as he watched the scene progress. They were going to duel each other? That sounded like a good idea to him, it would give him a chance to assess the people he would be working with. He wasn't sure he wanted to go first though, so he stayed still, leaning back in the chair as he waited for a match to start.

Andrea walked toward where her Teammates were sitting and rammed a chair between them.(+) Hoping over the chair and placing herself between, she wrapped her arms around the people she had to call her teammates and said " So! You dorks ready to whoop on some losers? And maybe yourselves? Heh, 'Cause I know I am

(+I'm assuming you're sitting next to each other!)

Midnight had to surpress a growl, or anything really, to avoid snapping as Andrea put her arms around her. Why did she think that was ok? She made a mental note to beat her at some point. Still, she had her opponent. Standing up, she took her book out of her jacket, giving it to Tehengu for safekeeping, without a word to him, before walking into the stage.

That's when slight panick grabbed her. They were all gunna WATCH her fight...maybe this was a bad idea...

Andrea let go of Midnight shoved her forward " Kick some rear out there! Don't follow your instincts and  BLOW IT! Make the team proud!  Let's hope she doesn't get beat TO fast eh T? " She said while elbowing him in the ribs. Despite what Andrea may or may not have thought about Midnight, They were still part of the same team so in a way, it was sort of HER pride on the line too! 

He went by Swift Ace. His real name? It didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was that he was going to become the strongest Hunter the world had ever seen and the greatest hero to all who knew him. Swift Ace entered the arena and raised his arms to the crowed " Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! The soon to be greatest name in Vale has come to entertain all on lookers and Defeat all challengers! " Ace pulled one of his double barreled dust guns from one of his holster on his cargo shorts

and pointed it toward the air. " Let's get this thing started! "

Midnight looked at her opponent as she showboated onto the stage. Swift Ace... Greatest name...? She frowned, had she even heard his name before? Probably not. Though her eyes were pulled from the audience onto his weapons. A double barrelled gun...That could prove problematic, her swords couldn't block that kind of firepower easily without something getting through.

Midnight simply stood there, mentally analysising the battle in her head, blocking out the audience and everything else around her. She had to think, she had to plan, and at the end of it all, she had to win. Slowly, she reached onto her back and drew out a single blade from her back, lazily spinning it in her hand as she left the other on her back. Everything would be about timing it perfectly, if she did it wrong, she'd lose, if she did it right, she'd have a chance. And a chance was all she needed.

"Greatest name in Vale huh...?" she says simply and unamused "Shame I've never heard of you before boy, but if you're looking for entertainment, you've picked the wrong opponent. However...." she smirks as she raises the blade at him single-handed "If you wanna run away to mummy and get her to hold your hand through this battle, be my guest...Looks like you could use her help against little me..."

" Heh, Kitty has some bite in her." Swift Ace placed his other hand on his other holster "I like that." Swift Ace pulled one of the triggers on his dust gun which fired a loud, bright red flare shot directly into the air. Using the flare as a distraction, Swift quick drew his other twin barreled dust gun,aimed directly at his opponent and fired both barrels filled with incendiary dust directly at Midnight.  Swift spun the guns on his fingers, which opened them, ejecting the empty dust cartridges. Swift then struck his weapons against the holster reloading them. Swift took aim at Midnight again ready for any kind of retaliation.

Midnight fights the urge to let her anger loose at his 'Kitty' Comment. She pushed it back, before her eyes instantly spot it. A flare! She winced her eyes, no longer looking at it right as she spotted the rifle pointed at her, and being fired.

That's when she reacted, tilting the tip of her blade towards the ground and letting the dust in her blade trigger, stabbing it into the ground as which caused an explosion in the ground, and a large wall burst from the ground which rose in front of her intercepting the shots. Using the ground as her distraction, she moved through the dirt and rubble that created the wall, leaping up towards the top, crouching down to hide from any other shot to come her way.

"I have more than some bite...Now take that Kitty comment back....now" Her voice had dropped, no longer sing-song and playful. It was cold, detached of emotion and dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

((Finally! the planning of the baby shower is over and I can actually do things for longer then 15 minutes!))

" I meant what I said and said what I meant, heh. So why don't you show me more then some bite instead of just hiding behind that wall of yours eh, Kitty cat? " Swift Ace fired all four of his shots directly at the wall blowing a decently sized hole in it " Come on, why don't you come out and play. " Swift began walking toward the wall, reloading and shooting at it, weakening the structural integrity of the wall and slowly eroding what he though was her hiding spot. 

Midnight had to actively suppress her anger, kitty..that human wanted to call her a kitty...! She shook her head, she couldn't risk getting angry in this scenario. She had to stay calm, against his range, she needed to remain calm...

She took a deep breath, before looking over the wall, seeing holes being shot into it, before frowning. Was he trying to take the barrier she made down? Well, if that was the case...Midnight flipped down behind the wall, keeping herself unseen as she runs against the wall, stabbing her blade into it and filling one of the walls with explosive dust, so if he shot it...A small smirk appeared on her face as she turned around, before stabbing her blade into the ground once again, making her position obvious. After that...All she needed is for him to take a shot at her, when he did...her plan would be perfect.

Stopping about two meters short of the wall Swift groaned and said " Come on, I came for a fight not a game of hide and seek. Come out fight you coward! " Swift aimed both of his guns directly at the wall " If you're not gonna come out, I'll take that wall down! One stone at a time if I have too! " Swift Ace shot all four barrels directly at the wall and to his surprise, the wall exploded. Being so close to the wall at the time of the explosion, Swift was sent flying several feet back landing square on his back." Uh, ugh talk about a surprise... "  Swift slowly propped himself on his elbows, being to dazed to get up to quickly. 

Noticing Midnights clod of an opponent was in bad shape,Andrea got up from her seat and yelled " He's stunned! Kick him in his butt before he gets back up! "

Midnight couldn't surpress her laughter, an almost school girl giggle erupted as the explosion subsided, the girl in question preforming a front flip over the remains of the wall that had come down, performing a graceful landing, blade in one of her hands, the other holding her lasso rope hanging lazily as she spun the blade in her hand, unable to resist the urge of victory seeing her opponent on the ground in pain.

"Defend yourself you coward!" she yelled as she charged in, keeping low to the ground, completely ignoring the yelling of, someone from the crowd, as she moved in to finish the fight. She had him now! On the ground, he still needed to reload though, and that gave her an opening as the threw her rope forward, hoping it to tangle up his hands, and delay or prevent him from reloading. Her knees bent as she ran, even if he could fight back, she'd leap into the air behind him, just like what she did against Tehengu in their first sparing session...Some things were just too good not to do again.

• 2 months later...

Swift aces head was still ringing as he attempted to shuffle himself to his feet. But before he could do that, he noticed that his opponent was running straight for him. Realizing he still had a gun in his hand he, as quick as his disoriented body could manage, lifted it toward her and -click click- " Both barrels eh? Heh, Guess I've been beat. " Swift Ace let himself fall back on his back apparently having given up and tossing his gun away in the process.

(Not big for a comback I know but I have to leave like RIGHT now. XS)

Slash arrived at the stadium, a sucker in his mouth and hands behind his head. He spotted Tehengu as Andrea and walked up to them. "Sorry I'm late, what's goin' on?" he whispered, taking a seat next to them.

The lights in the stadium grew brighter as Glenda Goodwitch stepped between the combatants. "And that's the match. The winner is Ms. Blossom. Please take your seats while we prepare for the next-" she was cut off by the door opening. "Mr. Claw since you missed some of today's duels why dont you come down and take a turn for your self." She said with a very stern look. "As you make your way to the arena I will find you an opponent." She said operating her scroll. "Luke stone?" She announced.

In the audience a young man stood up at the sound of his name. He wore a gray trench coat that was zipped all the way up, the collar covered his most of his lower face and there was a dust dial on the right side of his chest. He wore smith sunglasses and had short black ponytail. But all these features didn't distract from the right arm he was missing along with the sleave that went with it. Instead there was a steel plate connected to his shoulder. He made his way to the arena watching Slash Claw through his sunglasses trying to assess him any way he could. "good luck." He said to his sparring partner.

"Wh-what! But-I...hold my sucker" Slash sighed, giving it to Andrea.Figuring there was no use in arguing with Goodwitch, he walks down the stairs and enters the arena. His opponent was...missing an arm, which probably meant his other arm would be twice as strong, he trained his legs, or maybe even both.

"Err yea, you too" Slash said as Auralynx extended to his elbows. He tightens his bandages around his hands and takes a stance, scratching his twitching ears before returning to his stance.

"I'd appreciate it if you'd stop staring at it." Luke said taking his stance, spinning the dial on his chest as the count down began. When the counter hit zero, his dial landed on his rock dust and he rushed forward. When he was in punching range his right arm had completely formed, it was entirely made of gray stone and looked heavy and massive. He brought his fist down slamming the ground attempting to force Slash back. Despite wether his efforts worked his fist created a small crater in the stone floor.

"Call it what you want. I was just examining my opponent" Slash smirked as he jumped over him, did a turn flip, and landed straight on his feet, facing his opponent's back. So apparently he could 'grow' his arm by using dust. With this rock arm, he seems to have enhanced strength, which Slash was more than happy to test out with his own strength.

Slash took this opportunity to fire his dust rounds at his opponent, keeping his distance so he'd have enough time to think and react to any surprise attacks.

Luke dodged most of the shots blocking a few strays with his stone hand. He fell back to gain some distance to react. Before the faunus could fire another barrage Luke dug his fingers between two tiles in the floor and in a fluid motion he tore the massive tile off the floor and threw it at Slash.

"Aw come on! You didn't have to tear up the floor" Slash said as he punched the tile, whistling as he shook off the buzz on his hand. He created a platform and jumped off it, rising high into the air before shooting his rope kunai on both sides of his opponent and stretched his legs, pulling himself towards Stone to accelerate his fall to perform his special dive kick.

Luke watched as his opponent but instead of dodging he widened his stance and fully extended his stone arm to catch Slash's foot.

-CRACK-

Luke jumped back, his attempt to stop his opponent's attack had failed. He inspected his stom arm. "Not many people can crack the stone my arm is made of." He said to his opponent activating a grinder that released the arm, it had shattered from aboult half his bicep down. "much less break it off entirely." He respun the dial this time landing on tree dust. He watched Slash as branches began growing from the metal plate growing into a wood arm.

"Yea, but I do envy people like you who can use more than one dust element. Fire is the only one that agrees with me" Slash sighed as he watches his opponent grow a new arm. He felt really lazy today, who was the reason why he was late to class. Slash wanted to finish his 10 hour sleep in class, but Goodwitch had to pick on him. Maybe he should forfeit so he can go back to lazing about, but he was probably being graded, as Goodwich does to every assignment and activity.

An arm of wood might be alittle more difficult. Any rock no matter the size can be broken if hit with the right amount of force in a small area. But wood is more flexible, making that tactic useless. Can he burn it with his dust rounds? Maybe...

Slash takes a fighting stance once more as he waits for his opponent's attack.

The door opened faintly during the fighting and in walked in the Caucasian girl with silver blue hair and beautiful red eyes.

Aisha peered around and found a seat just in the back row. Sitting down and adjusting her red hoodie as she watched the duel going on on the battleground.