The Beacon dueling club. (Private: Dreamy, Pyro, Shadow, and Puzzle)

puzzlebeat

Fun? She thought that this was for fun? There's people fighting for a cause and she's here for 'fun'? Eric glared at the young girl, but she wouldn't see that from behind his mask. He inspected her spiked gauntlets. Close combat. He adjusted his stance so his sword blocked most of his body. 

The counter hit zero but Eric didn't move. He stood motionless, watching Alisea's every move. 

The girl, upon hearing the counter his 0, also waited. She did frown at him, eyeing up his sword. Well, If he wasn't going to play, she'd make him play! Grinning, the Girl made the most reckless possible move. She charged, head first, fists raised, aiming her first punch at Erics' left arm.

Eric smirked. He had hoped she was hot headed. He blocked the attack then spun for a round house kick with his right leg. He followed up with a powerful horizontal swing with his sword.

He knew he had the reach advantage with his blade. She had no chance as long as he kept her out of punching range.

Alisea Lagoon kipped backwards to dodge the kick, however, the swing of his blade was met by a grin. As the blade swung towards her, instead of trying to dodge it, she stuck out one hand and 'Caught' the blade within her gauntlet.

Even if his blade should have shattered through, her semblance refused it. She was able to 'layer', as she called it. For her clothing, much like her gloves, had a second layer to them. Armour, heavily crystalized and extremely tough, plus, using it as a shield, she could 'weaken' the impact but also allowing some of it to damage her Aura. As a result, it appeared as if her armoured gauntlet had simple stopped the blade.

She grinned "Tag!" She yelled, using her leverage over Erics' weapon to pull him forwards and herself towards him, aiming for an inside hook punch!

Eric was shocked the she caught the blade. She was stronger than she looked. He felt himself be pulled towards her. Eric acted fast, pressing the trigger on his blade. His sword suddenly opened like a pair of scissors. He spun and twisted his sword free then jumped back. 

Eric glared at the girl, she was craftier then he gave credit for. Eric felt something warm trickle down his leg. He looked down to see he was bleeding. She had hit him and it was as though his aura didn't protect him. He chuckled and began to strafe around Alisea, leaving a thin trail of blood as he walked.

Glynda watched the battle with a increased amount of concern but was surprised to look at her scroll and see Eric's health bar had very little damage taken. 

Alisea let out a yell of surprise as the blade split in half! Letting it go, after successfully hitting her opponent, she leapt backwards and, much like her opponent, began to walk in circles around him.

"Blades that turn into giant scissors, that's so cool!" She beamed, before spotting the blood on him. She grinned, it seemed her gauntlets had done the work, although, she was slightly surprised in seeing it cut through someone's Aura entirely "Oh...It went through? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you bleed" Despite her girlish charm, the look on her face didn't seem to be an act.

Eric continued circling around Alisea, leaving a trail of blood wherever he walked. Then, without warning he charged her but instead of attacking with his blade he leapt over her. He wet his free hand with his blood and flung droplets of it at her when he was directly above her. 

The blood hung in the air before suddenly forming long needles that flew at her! 

Alisea tapped her foot against the ground, still confused. Her gaunlets hurt yes, but they weren't designed to punch through someones Aura. So why was he bleeding? She didn't get it, and didn't like not understanding! Made her feel like all the adults were lecturing her again, telling her to 'grow up' and 'calm down'. She watched Eric charge in, and met his charge with one of her own!

So she was, disappointed when he leapt over her, and she did nothing but watch as he flew. However, the blood did catch her eyes, right as it turned into a needle! She dived out the way, but wasn't quick enough and her Aura took damage. She stomped her foot on the ground as she picked herself back up "H-hey! That's cheating, you can't use your own blood as a weapon! It's meant to be inside of you, not outside!"

Eric slid to a stop and crouched down. He stood still, letting a pool of blood form under him. He chuckled and stood up, planting his sword into the ground. "Then maybe I should explain myself." He replied finally saying more than just his name.

"My semblance gives me increased strength and endurance." He began explaining to the girl. "but in return I my aura doesn't protect me from anything sharp. So I decided to use that fact to my advantage." Right as he finished his sentence all the blood under his feet lept up at Alisea, forming several spears as flew at her. "My blood is infused with dust." 

The girl looked at her gauntlets as Eric revealed Why her strike had caused him to bleed. Although, she had to admit, Dust-infused blood as a weapon, was amazing!

"That's so cool, you are your own weap!!!" Her compliment was cut short as the spears of blood were launched at her. But the girl actually charged forwards, punching 'through' the spears and aiming straight for Eric!

Something about the girl's excitement made him smirk, but he was quick to suppress it. 'Show no emotion. Show no pain.' He chanted go himself. He was so distracted by his thoughts he didn't notice Alisea until she was right in front of him. He gasped and stepped back out of the puddle. As his foot left contact all the blood constructs attached to the puddle slashed to the floor. 

Alisea grinned as she got in close! Finally, her range! She was partly split, she didn't want to hurt him and make him bleed, but she didn't wanna look back in front of her team. So she compromised, and as she went for her barrage of punches, she tried to aim at less important spots, mostly his arms and legs instead of the more effective target, his chest. After all, she wanted to play, but she didn't wanna hurt him...

"Come on!" She yelped, a large happy grin on her face "It isn't a fight if you don't fight back!"

Eric was still trying to regain his balance when she charged him. He took a few hits but was eventually able to regain his balance. He began blocking her attacks but allowing the less damaging blows connect when it dawned on him that maybe a heavy sword was the wrong choice. He took a massive swing with the blunt edge of his blade, hoping to knock her back as he gained some distance. 

His blade whirred loudly then opened till the blades were perpendicular to each other. A second handle sprouted from the guard pommel. Eric grabbed the other handle, sliding the two blades apart. He took a ready stance then charged Ailsea, unleashing a fury of attacks on her.

The girl kept attacking, again and again, regardless of the dangers being thrown back at her. It was the only way she knew how to fight, to charge in and, normally, trust her team to back her up. While she lacked their support currently, she still had faith in herself to be able to win. Even as she was forced back, she picked herself up, dusked herself off, and threw herself back into the fight. That was right as her opponent changed his weapons into giant...scissors?! 

"I had no idea i was fighting a barber" she said with a grin on her face as Eric began his assault. Despite being at a disadvantage with her opponent being able to keep out of range, the attacked with reckless abandon, and her Aura started to get lower and lower. If the girl didn't change her approach, surely she'd lose?! 

• 3 weeks later...

He ignored her comment and leapt back. Had she already forgotten that he opened the blades to escape her grip? Did she think of a joke and hoped he hadn't noticed? Whatever the reason, he knew he shouldn't let her distract him. 

He shook his head and flipped the second switch on the blade causing another handle sprout from the hilt. He gripped the handle with his left hand and the blades separated. He held a long single edged blade in each hand and charged again, slashing at her furiously.

Alisea saw Eric charge, and hesitated. She knew that, in a straight up brawl, he was simply better than her, more refined and stronger. But, it had been a good learning experience and, she'd been able to show off what she could bring to a fight, and that's all her team needed of her. She let out a small breath, grinned, then charged head first into a fight she knew she would lose. 

She tried to get in close and finish him off, but the range his weapon gave him simply meant he had far too much leverage over her, deflecting a majority of her punches. She refused to go on the defensive, and it took no time at all until Alisea' Aura started to enter the Red Zone. When it did, the girl pushed away from Eric, panting for breath, and despite knowing she'd been defeated, grinned a childish grin. 

"Well, you got the better of me Barber Boy, maybe you could give me a haircut later eh?" She laughed at her own joke as her gauntlets unlayered, returning into their original form, a pair of black gloves. 

(Eric Wins!)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...