Official Discussion Thread - S05E16 Made in Manehattan

tumblr_ne3h6r2nUB1tlqckyo1_1280.png

It's like this image was made for this episode daring! ;)<3:/

It is time to once again sit back and watch adorable ponies do adorable things! We have arrived at the third of three back-to-back (to back?) Rarity-centric episodes in Raritytember! This episode our marshmallow fashionista shares the spotlight with Applejack. What shenanigans will the duo find themselves in? How bad do all those Rarijack shoippers want this episode and how much ship fuel will they receive? Also a return of a fan favorite! Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on September 26th! :)<3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :)

Solid episode! I liked the return of that certain Manehatten pony. The message was especially well-done. It was thoughtful and I think it was presented well. I think the episode focus was more on AJ than Rarity, which is just fine. There were some fun shippy moments, so Rarijack fans should be pretty happy.

8/10

Not as good as the last two, or as good as Noelle Benvenuti's first episode. In both cases those are high standards to reach though.

Best part was Rarity and all her expressions and mannerisms. Also liked seeing Coco again and Manehattan was fun as well--had perhaps more character even than before. The message is one I appreciated too.

I don't know if it really amounted to much plot wise though. Just felt like what actually happened in the episode was less interesting than the characters involved. I don't know.

It was good, but I wasn't in love.

Also rarijack subtract twenty points for rarijack.

Very good. I like the idea of doing something simple to impact a place. I also like addressing the fact that the lack of time was an issue, something I'm sure we can all relate to. Great seeing Coco Pommel and learning about how she got inspired to continue the Midsummer's Eve Theater. 

This one was another good one.

I really liked the theme of this episode. Which seemed to me to be "doing something doesn't have to be extravagant, even the littlest things you can do go a long way"

I also liked seeing Coco Pommel again. I really like her character.

Overall it was a decent episode.

:smirk:

Additional note: Are the Rarity episodes over now? It's not that I don't like Rarity, it's just she's had three episodes in a row now. We need to see other characters.

:blush:

This one was another good one.

I really liked the theme of this episode. Which seemed to me to be "doing something doesn't have to be extravagant, even the littlest things you can do go a long way"

I also liked seeing Coco Pommel again. I really like her character.

Overall it was a decent episode.

:smirk:

Additional note: Are the Rarity episodes over now? It's not that I don't like Rarity, it's just she's had three episodes in a row now. We need to see other characters.

:blush:

From what the reference to the sisterhooves social, we can expect an applebloom sweetie belle episode next. Continuity*fireworks*

Archived