A new Start (Halo Roleplay)

RainbowDaringDash

Sky mentally sighed in relief after crow talked. His cover was intact, mainly. He listened, and as the topic of AA guns came up, he simply looked in the air, watching fleets of fire go off, and scatter multiple ships. He turned his head back down, noticing the Japanese one looking thoughtful. When he made his decision, Sky simply shrugged.

"You had to think on that? Really? Not impressed" Sky says, his tone a little.... annoyed. He sighed, hearing some talk over the comm channel. It was coming from Titan, and while it wasn't aimed at them, he could tell that they were in a little trouble, mainly, from what he could hear, panic. He shook his head, looking at the group.

"Alright, we need to go back to where me and Crow left the civies. They are starting to panic, and if they keep it up we might come back to nothing" He says to the group, a little.... shaken up right now, though he didn't know why. He shook his head, clearing it, then looked at the spartans tat were here. He hoped they could pull this off....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silver started running with them. She peered around under her visor as it changed back to its silver form. Panting a bit as she hopped over some rubble. She saw nothing around them but kept her eyes open for any scope shines.

Tachi frowned at Sky and he almost reminded him that silver and Tachi were going against orders just to aide these two Spartans, but before Tachi could say anything Crow apologized for sky and out of respect he dropped his argument. He finished reloading before following after his new teammates.

Sky glared at crow through his visor. She was saying sorry for him? Seriously? These two spartans were here to help with the evacuation before the Covy glassed the planet. And those AA guns were the only thing, stopping them from getting away, other then banshies, but they were not much of a problem. Sky sighed, either way, he had to get back, they, had to get back. He let crow and Silver go ahead, taking the middle spot. He reached onto his hips, drawing both his magnums, and as he was running he checked his remaining weaponry. A little disapointed in what he had, he put his guns away. 

It didn't take long to get back to the site, and from what Sky could see it had been hell while they were gone. He could see the bodies of dozens of Civies, and a fair few marines to. He also saw a whole heap of dead Covy, as well as a collapsed wall. Their was only one way in or out now, other then from above. 

"Dammit, they targeted the civies..... W.." Sky started saying, then remembering something. He quickly bolted off, sprinting away from the group as fast as he could, straight into the pelican. 

On the way back crow had finished her cigar to a single spicy nub. Upon seeing dead civilians she took it out of her mouth and stepped on it. The covenant now didn't deserve any mercy or dignity!

The way over had been silent it had put her on edge now she was just angry

"Mmmmmmgr"she said as she put her helmet on! "Sky what are we going to do? Find Titan now or go after the a-a first? Is the pelican still usable?"

Silver jogged to the seperate end of the parimeter. She peered around as she took up a sentry position. She heard talk of a pelican but kept a lookout for any more covies, she would like to kill more of them for harming poor civillians. It made her blood boil.

Tachi paused to see the fallen. He checked his motion tracker making sure no threats were in the immediate area.

When he was certain they were clear he began checking bodies for vitals and collecting dog tags to confirm their fallen.

Sky reached the pelican, which was half dug into a building, within a minute. He looked at the door, noticing it had been shut. He hit the open, watching the ramp starting to come down, only to get jammed part way down. He looked at the sides, noticing one side had been melted with plasma. He gripped it, pulling the ramp the ramp down the best he could, semi bending the mettle. He looked inside,  noticing that some their were civies in here, though as well as that their was a few members of Titan team. 

"You guys alright?"

Several of the ODST's nodded their heads, but didn't reply to the Spartan's question. They were exhausted, they were ODST's, some of the toughest around, but they weren't Spartans, they were a quick combat unit who had been given limited supplies. In this scenario, they needed some R&R. However, as the door was opened, one of the ODST's stood up. A girlish figure, spinning two M6 pistols in her hands, full covered in her ODST combat armour.

"What do you want Sparty?" Revi asked, her cocky voice entering the coms "This had better be important, Amanda's out for the count, half my team is injured and Thunder is looking after that Mid-whatever friend of yours in the cockpit, meaning we can't even heal our own. So we're dead in the water cus of you, so unless this is about getting my team in the clear, I don't wanna hear nothung of it"

Crow hear he new favorite word.

"Thunder?" she said as she turned her head and began to walk to the pelican. but thats when out of the corner of her eye she saw something 

"sniper 4 o clock." she said calmly as she looked around. she saw a dead jackal with a carbine near her and focused on it for a second

"i got it!" 

Crow jumped as fast as she could a plasma beam hitting her thigh bursting her shield and just avoiding another quick one. 

with a combat roll she scooped up the carbine and ran a few steps dodging another shot looking in the direction of the beams 

"2 snipers firing battery style!" she said a bit more concerned the snipers were taking turns shooting creating a constant flow of deadly beams

Crow kicked a large block or rebair and concrete creating some cover and imedielty jumped out tricking the 2 of them. she scoped in and rapid fired emptying the carbine but killing and heavily wounding to 2 jackals stalking them. 

she reloaded as her shield recharged. trying to find the other one. she scanned the area thru the scope "lost it, probably went off to report or to heal itself. ... WHERES THUNDER!" she said outlaid as she went back towards the wrecked pelican to see him, and by extension midnight

Silver heard the gunfire and ran behind the cover of a broken statue. She held her Smg's at her sides and kept hidden until it was over. She smiled softly and peered around the corner before nodding and walking off to the group of civillians that were still left.

"Mrs. Spartan lady? Are you going to stop the bad guys from getting any more of us?" One filly asked.

Silver looks to the small girl and frowns. She could see two situations. One that the girl gets to live and escape safety and another where she is taken as another casualty of war. She gave a knee to the girl and put her Smg's away on her thighs.

"Yes little one, we are trying our best to keep the baddies away. I promise you that we will try everything in our power to save you and the others." She said in a soothing voice.

The filly blinked a bit and then gave a smile before rushing forward and hugging her. Silver gasped a bit at this, at first she was reserved. Then she wrapped her in a hug.

"Where's your mommy little one?"

The filly whimpered and sniffles. That was all that she needed to know. Silver grit her teeth a bit and gave a shaky sigh. "Mommy will always be by your side.... Remember that." Silver said softly.

Revi shook her head at Old Crow, lazily pointing her hand at the cockpit door of the pelican "You're Thunder is in there, working on keeping your ODST friend stable. No idea the condition, he's on Radio Silence unless it's otherwise nesaccery. And I ain't gunna break it cuase his girlfriend wants to talk to him" The ODST replies snarkily, exiting the Pelican , looking at the Spartans in front of her, before shaking her head.

"Now, Spartan...What is it you need?"

Tachi was startled as a gunfight began. He made a break for the closest building he could see and then took cover behind behind a wall inside. He didn't have the weapons for a long range skirmish.

When the gunfire stopped Tachi let out a sigh and pulled his helmet back to take another drink from his gourd. He lifted the container to his lips but was sad to discover it was almost empty.

Tachi sighed again, retying his gourd to his waist when he accidentally kicked something glass. He looked down, turning on his headlights and found he had kicked a bottle of brandy. He looked around the rest of the store to find he had just barged into a liquor store. Tachi smiled before mouthing to himself 'thank you.'

Tachi searched the store quickly finding the saki towards the back. He refilled his gourd and placed two bottles in his tactical hard case where he hoped they would be safe. He took one more bottle from the shelf and took a long pull while walking to the exit.

(Okay, so order is the same though Shadow.... Hmm, i think will go after Auger)

Sky turned his head away as he heard the ODST get at him for everything, about them being 'dead in the water' because of him. He didn't deny it, he had dragged his wounded friend here, and had made them help, now, they were down nearly a whole squad. He shook his head, just listening to her for a moment, then noticed she sounded familiar. 

"Your one of the two ODST's that were pinned down, good to see you made it out alright... And this is sort of a help call..... Their are, im guessing three, AA guns that are downing all support efforts. We need to take it out. I was hoping, that Titan would be up.... But it seems like we are doing this alone..." 

Sky sighed after that, turning to walk towards the other two, the ones who dropped. 

"If she wakes up, please let me know"

Crow ignored the odst with an attitude.  She saw thunder hunched over working on midnight still clad in a blanket and nothing else.

Crow found herself feeling a bit shy. She stopped and stammered for a bit but then simply walked over and kneeled over with thunder.

She stood by him and she was happy

Revi snorted at the lead Spartan, Sky or something? Beh, his name wasn't important. She watched as the other Spartan, Crow, cow? Something like that, walked up next to Thunder, getting a raised eyebrow from her. Was there something between their giant and the Spartan? Unlikely. Still, the Spartan was getting them out of here. Her team was out of her...but it was a chance to kill. She couldn't resist the urge to pull her triggers.

"I'm in..." she says coldly "I'm getting payback. My teams ravaged, but i'm gunna kill them!" She grabs her weapons, before walking over the Sky, her helmet covering her excited face "Don't screw this up" she says.

In the cockpit, Thunder didn't even notice the commotion occurring outside until he spotted someone in the corner of his eye. Turning around, he was taken by surprise spotting Crow! What was she doing here?  A smile creped onto his face "Kian,,..Kiamae?" he said, trying to remember that word she kept calling him "Meh, whatever that K was word is..." He glanced over at the still unconscious ODST in the cockpit "She'll be fine...her skin is bad, but her bones have managed to recover, if all be it. Honestly, i'm still shocked she can walk, yet alone fight like she does in this condition.... I assume you came in here to check up on her?"

Tachi was halfway through the bottle when he joined the group. "So whats the plan?" He asked sky who seemed to head the operation.

(Sorry for short post, my internet is down and my phone can't seem to hold a signal at all.)

Sky smiled under his helmet as he heard the ODST say she was in to help him. He had seen her fight, and he knew she was good. He looked towards Crow, sighing. He hated to pull her away from Thunder, and he hated himself even more for leaving Midnight in that state, but he was determined to get EVERYONE, off this rock. He turned back towards Revi. 

"Hell jumpers, feet first into hell. Good to know your with us" He said, smiling, then switching to a comm channel with every member of his team, well, all the spartans here, as well as Revi. 

"Regroup, time to get the hell off this rock" 

Crow smiled being able to talk to thunder again as she kneeled next to him she answered "well if you want to be technical your keymana I'm keyonala, but yeah you and her .... Tough little thing isn't she"

She gently touched her helmet to his and rested there

All her anger and hungry blood lust subsided she was back to normal crow now.

Then sky gave the call "if any pony can keep these civilians safe it's you! Ill send any survivors your way and come back to get you out of here? Sound good!"

She stood up and walked to sky nodding "everything happens for a reason thunder will keep her safe and we willl get those guns!" She said as she picked up her weapon ready for the long haul ahead

Silver moved next to sky and crow. Loading her Smg's with new clips and stowing her half full ones. She stood there as she placed them on her hips and grabbed her magnum before holding it at the ready.

(I'm confused. I thought Rainbow said Shadow was before Dabom. Whatever I'm just going to go.)

Tachi threw the bottle and put his helmet back on as he filed in with the Spartans. He drew his scattershot and checked it's ammo to make sure it was loaded he then began to count his remaining shells. He had originally brought 20 rounds plus the 5 in the weapon already he only reloaded it once so he had 20 shots left, he counted out the 15 spares and then readied his weapon.

Revi simply nodded her head, rechecking her ammo count before standing idly next to the Pelican, occasionally checking inside to make sure her team was recovering.

Thunder smiled at Crow, he really had little idea what those words meant, but watching her try and explain it was cute enough. He glanced over at the injured ODST, nodding his head "She ain't dead yet, although, I can't promise she won't end up. Her body is a mess, her bones are all over the place, half the muscels on her back are destroyed and her skin is barely holding her together...I'll do my best.."

The Large ODST couldn't tell her, but in his opinion, Midnight was as good as dead. Her body was barely holding itself together, even modern medical equipment wouldn't heal her properly. And if this was just her body, he had to question if she was even mentally stable to hold a gun...

(Well, time to come back to the story.)

They say to forget the past, and move on. But sometimes, the past cannot be forgot. Neither forgiven.

"Razgriz Actual, it's Church. We need you to get any civilians left down there on board a Pelican, and fly straight to the Husky as fast as you can. Especially ONI personnel. Understood?"

"Understood, Colonel." Dashing responded, glancing at the three other ODST's accompanying him. 

Rex, CQC-Class ODST, loves his shotgun more than himself. Rudolph, Recon-Class ODST, the best shot in his company. Bailey, Demolition-Class ODST, she was born with grenade in her left hand, and a gun in her right. And finally, Dashing Blade, Squad Leader, a ghost. All that is known of him is of a past that haunts him, and every living soul that comes into contact with him. These four were put into Razgriz Squad. 

"Also, Dashing." Colonel Church noted, "Do not hesitate on igniting the explosives, we cannot allow anyone to uncover what was down there. You and I both know that."

It was a silent trip to the destination. Everypony was either checking their equipment, loading their weapons, or sharpening their knife, except Dashing. He just stared off, contemplating. "Came from Delta Seven Company," Rex said, checking his Shotgun for at least the fiftieth time. "Beta Four Company," Rudolph chimed in. "Alpha Nine Company," Bailey stated, then turned to Dashing, "How about you, Mr. Silent?" Dashing ignored the question, sitting slender, continuing to stare off. Without any further chatter, the pelican shook abruptly, making the ODST's swiftly ready their weapons, awaiting for landing. The hatch opened, showing a gruesome warzone. The pelican soon found it's landing zone, and as fast as it could, landed before any damage was taken. Right when it touch ground, Razgriz jumped out of the pelican, and up the battle. "This is Razgriz Squad, anyone copy?" Rex commented through the main UNSC channel.

Archived