Official Discussion Thread - S05E17 Brotherhooves Social

sisterhoof_social_celestia_and_luna__com

Technically it's legal! Especially since we write the laws!

It is time to once again sit back and watch adorable ponies do adorable things! Well Raritember is over and it is time for a new month with a new focus! What is in store for October?  Well the first clue was given to us in the last episode (and well, the title).  The CMC return, but what will Sweetie And Abby do without their big sisters for the Sisterhooves Social? Will stallions finally be given the right to vote? Will Equestria find gender equality?Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on October 3rd! :)<3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :)

Wow, this episode. It was an Apple episode so already a 10/10.

It was a cute, albeit cliché premise, but it was executed brilliantly and flowed very, very well. The last few minutes were nothing short of an emotional rollecoaster. If you didn't have tears, you have no soul.

Also enough character development for Big Mac to last another five seasons. Great episode and an excellent message. 12/10

If you didn't have tears, you have no soul.

Yay! I have a soul.

First time I've cried at an episode since the last time the Sisterhooves Social happened interestingly enough.

But yeah, even not being much of an Apple obsessive like some people around this place, this one was undeniable. I mean, most of it was just exceedingly goofy and filled with cringe (in a good way), but that ending sealed it. Top tier stuff.

Wow, this episode. It was an Apple episode so already a 10/10.

It was a cute, albeit cliché premise, but it was executed brilliantly and flowed very, very well. The last few minutes were nothing short of an emotional rollecoaster. If you didn't have tears, you have no soul.

Also enough character development for Big Mac to last another five seasons. Great episode and an excellent message. 12/10

I don't even have siblings myself, I can only imagine what this felt like for others who did. It shot me right through the heart.

This episode is an example of why FiM is so wonderful. The episodes come in different flavors and colors, like chocolates, and you never really know what you're going to get until you bite into one.

Big Mac speaks more then one word?! Amazing. The episode itself, entertaining but just a bit...awkward at first.

In the end it is a brothers desire to feel important in his siblings life. No one wants to feel unimportant.

sisterhoof_social_celestia_and_luna__com

Technically it's legal! Especially since we write the laws!

It is time to once again sit back and watch adorable ponies do adorable things! Well Raritember is over and it is time for a new month with a new focus! What is in store for October?  Well the first clue was given to us in the last episode (and well, the title).  The CMC return, but what will Sweetie And Abby do without their big sisters for the Sisterhooves Social? Will stallions finally be given the right to vote? Will Equestria find gender equality?Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on October 3rd! :)<3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :)

Is that 50,000 bits as second place in the comic? or 50.00? and if so why go for first if cash is second?

Once Big Mac showed up in drag, I couldn't stop from laughing, but, at times, asking myself "What the heck am I watching?!"

I always feel good when I laugh. :)

Seeing Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo as "sisters" made me smile too. That was cute and very awesome of Rainbow Dash.

I kind of liked the ending too. Finally Big Mac spoke longer and in full sentences!! Amazing!! :-o

Another GREAT episode.

:smirk:

This was a very heartwarming episode. First of all, as the role player of Scootaloo, I loved seeing her competing with Rainbow Dash in the events, something missed during the last Sisterhooves Social. But the biggest part was Big Mac. I don't have siblings, but I can imagine how he would feel like being second fiddle in the eyes of Apple Bloom when compared to Applejack. Him cross-dressing was hilarious especially when everypony knew it was Big Mac but did nothing to stop it! The ending though was the big tear-jerker hearing Mac express how he feels. I love the depth given to him, that he isn't a pony that is almost silent but that he keeps his emotions closely guarded but when he does speak besides Eyup or Nope it's meaningful. 

10/10! 

you have no soul.

I do so! I just sold it to the fandom in 2011!  :/

I liked this episode a lot. Big Mac, being the strong silent type, doesn't get focused on much, even though he can be very expressive in one or two syllables, so when he actually speaks his mind on something, it's a moment to sit up and take notice, and this one didn't disappoint. Seeing his desire to be a part of his sister's life even though he wasn't the big hero Applejack was absolutely beautiful, showing a rare frail side to the macho stereotype you don't get in a lot of cartoons these days.

And as if Big Mac's performance wasn't enough, Sweetie Belle also had her best line so far in the season, when she deadpanned, "That's Big Mac in a dress!"

Archived