Official Discussion Thread - S05E18 Crusaders of the Lost Mark

My thoughts are... well... longer than usual. Not as long as Bramble's on here... but... I'll just... put it all in a spoiler.

First off... let me start by saying this...

Power sleeps within you...

Give it form...

^^^This seems appropriate. (Well that and I've fallen in love with the Kingdom Hearts series once again as I've been playing HD Remix  :razz:  )

Here comes the rest of my thoughts:

What can I say really?

This episode had "Magical Mystery Cure" vibes all around it. Mostly because it was mostly a musical episode. Was that a good thing or a bad thing?

Well... I overreacted when MMC happened. But I've admitted that already.

To be honest with you...

I guess it wasn't surprising...

Considering the "theme" of this season after all (cutie marks/cutie mark magic)

I just thought it wouldn't happen until the final season.

Yup. It happened. The Cutie Mark Crusaders got their cutie marks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it disappointed me. It might be better to happen sooner rather than later.

However... I'm not really sure about the whole "redeem Diamond Tiara" thing. She's been acting like a jerk for 4 seasons now. That... really didn't make much sense to me.

Other than that... good episode for what it was.

I can't say much for this episode honestly.

I liked the episode. I just don't see how after 4 seasons of jerk Diamond Tiara she deserved a redeeming. It's possible all the stuff before was also due to her jerk mother... but... I don't know.

Sorry. I can't like Diamond Tiara now. I just can't do it.

But I enjoyed the episode alright?

:smirk:

That face makes me think of Honey Boo Boo.

That's more accurate than I like to think about. Honey Boo Boo makes my brain hurt on a fundamental level. It's like every time I do a few brain cells die from self inflicted wounds.

I've been watching this stupid video over and over all day. It's the best.

https://youtu.be/uDOoF5uDZ90

At long last, this episode has finally come. It hits two birds with one stone in this episode, and done excellently.

This musical episode was satisfying for me. I didn't like the episodes involving the CMC, because all I wanted to see was for those two things to happen.

Let's begin with the minor details:

I liked the bit with Button Mash.

Pipsqueak, Class President. He's going places!

Thank goodness that the cutie marks on the trio crusaders isn't something as bad as I thought it would look... Those marks are interesting.

Now to the major details:

I absolutely just knew that Diamond Tiara's bullying behavior wasn't to be booed on by the audience, rather it was supposed to be boohoo'ed on! I'm glad their feud is over, I never wanted the series to end any sort of relationship unsettled or disregarded, especially for Diamond Tiara. Her mother was putting a lot of pressure and a lot of nonsense into that poor kid, it forced her to act so rude and dislikeable. Thankfully, the CMC decided to check on her to see how she was doing, like any good people would do. And as for their cutie mark. I honestly never thought of it that way.

I mean, the whole thing, since they met, it was because they made a crusade to get theirs and others their cutie mark. And to help them understand their cutie marks. They're like the pastors for cutie marks.

Hmm.. Pastors for cutie marks. Nice.

Anyway, I like that it is colored based on their hair, if you notice it carefully. Shield represents their crusade, their insignia represents their talent, and the fact that their cutie marks have the same shield and color, it represents their everlasting friendship.

I have no quarrel with this episode.

I loved it, I can't rate it. It's just great.

That's more accurate than I like to think about. Honey Boo Boo makes my brain hurt on a fundamental level. It's like every time I do a few brain cells die from self inflicted wounds.

I've been watching this stupid video over and over all day. It's the best.

https://youtu.be/uDOoF5uDZ90

I have this very strange head cannon that there is a trailer park somewhere in Equestria where Honey Boo Boo pony lives. Came to me in a nightmare, and now I can't shake it. Let that gnaw at your brainstem for bit...

The video is hilarious though! I keep replaying it now too. Thanks for sharing.

I have this very strange head cannon that there is a trailer park somewhere in Equestria where Honey Boo Boo pony lives. Came to me in a nightmare, and now I can't shake it. Let that gnaw at your brainstem for bit...

The video is hilarious though! I keep replaying it now too. Thanks for sharing.

You're most welcome. I wish I could mirror the sentiment but I am not glad you shared that  :scream:

• 2 months later...

Watched this episode again. Can't really express how excellent it is (and thanks for the cutie mark analysis- I couldn't make out the detail of the purple surrounding symbol, but it makes the signs WAY more epic).

My only thought, in the inevitable life cycle of cartoons: would everyone watch MLP: Cutie Mark Crusaders if the original series ended?

Archived