Official Discussion Thread - S05E24 The Mane Attraction

tumblr_m6lypzm1S81qc5ffho1_1280.png

Its an episode with a new music themed pony, so have a spoiler free pic of our favorite musical couple!

So here we are at least at the penultimate episode of season 5!  This one looks to have the spotlight on best pony, Applejack!  :AJ: Turns out she has a friend who is a great singer but those behind her may not have this pony's best interest at heart.  So what will happen?  How many songs will we get?  Will another one-shot character propelled to fan favorite? Are those giant eyebrows we saw in the preview real? Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on November 21st! :)<3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :)

Very good episode. Best AJ episode in a long while.

Rara is amazing. one of my favorite characters to be introduced this season. Also probably my new favorite pony to ship with Applejack. Which is good. I've always been of the opinion AJ was the hardest of the mane six to ship.

songs were really nice. Lena Hall's voice is incredible.

Good episode. sad to know it is the last we will see of Amy Keating Rogers in MLP. She's had her best season yet with season five and will be missed.

I have been in love with that ending song ever since it was revealed in animatic form way back when...and what a wonderful realisation into full fledged animation was witnessed by all today, mere words arent enough for how much this song and this episode captured my love.

Amazing work all around...Lena Halls reaction to her own episode over periscope is absolutely wonderful - she truly loves the show and everything around it. I have a feeling this episode may well make her more than just a couple of new fans - she deserves the adoration, as does AKR who has been one of the absolute most reliable writers for the past few years and will be missed on MLP.

God, this really made up for the past few episodes! x3

Love it! 

The story is great and speaks well to our sometimes fame obsessed culture. (Hey, I'm guilty of being a bit of an attention horse at times!) 

Anyway, love Rara is a great new character and so is her snively manager. I was afraid that the manager would be another foil like Suri Polomare or Sassy Saddles. But he did represent the allure of fame and getting things one couldn't typically get in their normal lives. 

The songs were great, and i can't wait to see what the community will do with them! 

Lastly, I loved seeing Pinkie Pie and Applejack in this episode with AJ trying to talk some sense into her fillyhood friend and Pinkie being pushed to the brink of insanity trying to meet the demands. 

One of the most amazing episodes of S5, no doubt!

Lena Hall's character was absolutely amazing, even though she did come with a super-snooty manager at the start. The songs...

Well, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the songs were also absolutely amazing.

Even though she's leaving... AKR went out with a bang. :D

You know what the best part of this episode was?

THE MUSIC. IT WAS AMAZING. I WAS IN EAR HEAVEN. :D

Unfortunately, that's probably the best part of this episode. The music and the songs in this episode.

It was a pretty cute episode though. But the music pretty much MADE this episode. For me at least.

:)

When Pinkie Pie said what he demanded was impossible...
I couldn't believe my ears.

I haven't got much to say.
It's a really great episode before the finale, it's got value about those being famous... Not all is true about what people or the news say about celebrities ... Rara is one of those celebrities that are truly nice in nature, unlike some celebrities that are stuck up about their fame and not about sharing their talents for others.

Maaaaan, I know I'm like weeks late and I havent been here in like a year, but allow be to be a nerd for a minute here:  Countess Coloratura is Lady Gaga SO MUCH, and as a huge Gaga fangirl, I would be remiss if i didn't point out how.

First of all there's this look:

3_punky-allsorts-my-little-pony-necklace

Vs.

thumb.png

Veil, eyelashes, similar shade wig, same weird ball-knot ponytail.

Then there's the name.  Countess Rara, Lady Gaga.

But these are obvious, yeah?  But listen, man, they like gave them similar stories.  Coloratura's manager is supposed to be like Gaga's first producer, Rob Fusari, who claimed to give Gaga her name and claimed she'd fail without him.

Coloratura didn't just take a stage name, that's a whole identity that everyone knows her by now.  Nobody calls Gaga Stefani Germanotta anymore (except her parents), and Coloratura is not the same pony as Rara.  Speaking of which, Rara's performance with AJ early on is, I think, supposed to resemble Gaga before she was Gaga, back when she sang a really down to earth style (and very well, I might add).

Coloratura and Gaga both share an undying devotion to the fanbase, and both say that the only thing that keeps them going is the fans.  Both spend plenty of time on charity.  Both  invite fans on stage at the end of the performance and invite them to sing along.

Coloratura's third song was very, very Gaga too.  Gaga always takes a portion of her performances at the piano to sing these sorts of deeply personal ballads, and she often cries while doing so. 

Coloratura is no lazy Gaga reference.  Amy Keating Rogers either did her research, or she is a Gaga fan herself (which wouldn't surprise me one bit).

Archived