The Changing of Guards (Calling all Royal Equestrian Guards!)

I'm actually rather intrigued to see how this all plays out. I had someone recently propose a lecture-based thread for one of my WoE RP groups, and I just may use this Summit as a model if things turn out well.

In my capacity as a staff member however, it's my opinion that magically enchanted notes are a tad bit excessive. I propose that the same thing can be accomplished through the use of NPC couriers, who can stand at the edges of the room to deliver messages as needed.

Having couriers was my second idea if it was contradicting lore.  It shall be with some good ol' couriers then.  What exactly is NPC?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In roleplay, that basically means characters that don't really belong to any player, where everybody can use them in their actions. For example, I could make the NPC courier deliver a letter from Arcus, and once the courier's back, you can use them to deliver a message for your character as well!

In roleplay, that basically means characters that don't really belong to any player, where everybody can use them in their actions. For example, I could make the NPC courier deliver a letter from Arcus, and once the courier's back, you can use them to deliver a message for your character as well!

Thank you!  We shall use that, then :).

I think I can be chair, or moderator or whatever you wish to call it as Celestia. Just... uh... don't call her "Celly" IC :razz: (unless you are rather close to her ;):Celest:

I might have some bias towards Cadence being the presider over Celestia.

Celestia knows more than she tells, and may be purposely keeping the military out of the loop on what thousand year old disaster is coming next (this could be to avoid a warlike response and widespread panic). I don't think she sees much reason to change things.

Cadence, on the other hand, is married to the head of the guard, and as she doesn't have a thousand years worth of secrets, so she may be a bit more favorable towards a more effective Equestrian guard.

But that's just my opinion.  :halo:

Uh yeah... about those secrets. I have all the answers to those things in my head ready for when the situation calls for it. But yeah, best not assume things shall we? I will say this, Celestia does not keep the military out of the loop. If you have specific questions you can feel free to ask me.

I think I can be chair, or moderator or whatever you wish to call it as Celestia. Just... uh... don't call her "Celly" IC :razz: (unless you are rather close to her ;):Celest:

Uh yeah... about those secrets. I have all the answers to those things in my head ready for when the situation calls for it. But yeah, best not assume things shall we? I will say this, Celestia does not keep the military out of the loop. If you have specific questions you can feel free to ask me.

Yay!  Alright, I shall put "Celly" on hold :).  

It was just an opinion. While it does depend on whose Celestia is being played and their interpretation of the ruler of Equestria, I'm looking forward to see your take on the character.

Does the post order apply only for the order in which the speeches are given, or must it be followed in all situations? Personally, I loathe having to wait for everyone else to post if I'm only expecting to respond to only one player. Also, that it only takes one tardy RPer in the post order to derail everything, make everyone else loose interest, and have it let a thread die. I've seen it happen far too many times.....

One more question about the speech order: could we request that a character make their speech at a different time-slot? I imagine that due to his important statute, Gen. Pummel could probably give the last speech to conclude the summit. Plus, it may just be me, but it just feels phony to me determining the post order by when a player signed up for this thread. Then again, it could just be an irrational hang-up of mine..... [/shrug]

Can someone please help me with the post ordering?  I have typed out each character's title in my starter post on this thread, and would like some help in organizing them from least rank to highest rank.  

Does the posting order currently apply, or should we wait until all the characters are in the thread before we worry about that?  Am I up next, or are we not at that part yet?

It seems like each character introduces themself, then states their position (both in order) and then there's discussion.  Is this correct?

For this first round, just have your character enter the room, mingle for a bit with the members already there, and sit down.

Celestia will announce introductions, and that will occur (which would be the second round).

Righty!

PS: In retrospect, perhaps my Pummel sign-up post was a bit too intimidating, since I'm assuming most of you chaps aren't under his direct command. I won't have him issue infractions left and right, but he will still call serviceponies out for perceived incompetence or improper conduct.

You say that but still feel free to stick to character and threatened or punish Punk with whatever you feel suitable if it fits the scenario. I could even make it generally canon if he got suspended or anything of the like. Gen. Pummel is technically able to do so with Punk and I won't see it as godmoding :)

If anything I'd see it as a part of his developing!

Sorry to bother you further, but I got one last question......... which city is the summit taking place in?  :blush:

Canterlot indeed!  Probably the Castle, considering how P. Celestia is the chair. It's no bother :), I love answering questions.

So I'm a bit confused with what's going on in the thread, so let me see if I understand correctly.

The first post everyone needs to make in the thread (following the post order on the front page of this OOC?) is just for everyone to enter the meeting, then the second post everyone makes (still following the post order) is for formal introductions. Then after everyone's been introduced, ponies can start bringing up topics and debating them without following a strict posting order?

I've also got an unrelated question. Is every character required to make a speech? I can do that if that's what you intended, but I imagined characters like Dawnguard wanted to sit in on the meeting because of its relevance and importance, but wouldn't feel particularly compelled to make a formal speech about his opinions on things (or would feel awkward in front of so many higher ranking officials than him). So is it possible for characters to pass on making a formal speech? I'm still planning on having him joining in with debates when he feels it necessary to express his opinion, but otherwise he'd be content to just sit and listen and pass notes to others.

Archived