The Changing of Guards (Calling all Royal Equestrian Guards!)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lyipheoryia said:

I'm still interested...

but judging by the lack of activity, I'm not quite sure anyone else is~

I am I was at work for the last few weeks and I had not internet to do much of anything with... Since I lived on site during work it made it that much worse... But I would love to continue!

Good news: seems I finally found inspiration for Pummel speech. Funny enough, I found it while brainstorming the potential differences between a unicorn stun bolt and a more lethal bolt. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I think this was a good idea, but-alas-I made it too regimented and strict to everyone's liking~

But it was fun while it lasted :), and it was a neat thing for me to try.  First time I ever organized a roleplay with more than 5 people. 

I want to add my two cents on this.  I actually didn't mind the format.  While I probably wouldn't want to do it all the time, it was a nice change of pace.

The reason I ended up basically dropping out was because at its peak it had something like 17 people, and I found it difficult to keep track of everything.  When at one point I fell further behind due to an unrelated issue, I decided it would make more sense to just sit out the rest of it.

This may differ from other people's experiences, but I thought I should mention my thoughts on this after the fact.

I did like the idea of a debate among the military groups. To echo DerpRavener, it was the size that was tricky for me, making it hard to follow the conversation. It also made it so I wasn't sure I was missing a crucial post. 

I personally didn't mind the large amount of people, didn't think it was difficult to keep track of. Yeah, when it first started and everyone was making opening posts, the posts were flying in fast, but it quickly slowed down as a posting order was established. The date between posts got longer and longer, wasn't hard for me to follow updates.

In that respect I think having a post order for the starting introductions was good, give everyone a chance to introduce their character and get some order in the chaos of the sheer number of characters. But in my opinion, enforcing a posting order past that was what really bogged down the thread, as waiting for one RPer or another made other RPers lose interest and forget about the thread. And as the nature of a debate is for people to give their opinions against points made by the opposing side, it seemed counterintuitive to have debaters give their thoughts in a circle. IE character A says something that character D wants to respond to, but can't because characters B and C have to respond first. That feels less of a debate and more of a presentation. 

In any case though, it was an interesting idea and one that definitely required massive organization because of the number of characters. Thanks to Lyipheoryia for putting together the thread and taking on the endeavor!

Archived