Jump to content

The Changing of Guards (Calling all Royal Equestrian Guards!)


Recommended Posts

Huh, it seems the posting order has changed yet again since the last time I looked at it. Very well, I'll post next, but I'd still appreciate it if Gen. Pummel is among the last to present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well...Imagination and I had sorted out a post order by rank previously, but no one paid any attention to the post order and just posted at their own time.  I frankly gave up trying to enforce that post order, and just made a new one based on the first round of posts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still though, I think the rank-based order is a logical one to follow once we finally get to the presentations. At that point, when only one character is supposed to be speaking at a time, we shouldn't have to wait for everyone else to post first before being able to write a message to someone else, or continue with a presentation, or make a counter-argument at a designated time. Otherwise, getting through all the presentations will take AGES. X_X

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Still though, I think the rank-based order is a logical one to follow once we finally get to the presentations. At that point, when only one character is supposed to be speaking at a time, we shouldn't have to wait for everyone else to post first before being able to write a message to someone else, or continue with a presentation, or make a counter-argument at a designated time. Otherwise, getting through all the presentations will take AGES. X_X

I can whip up the original post order again, and hopefully convince everyone to follow it :).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, StertlingsGirl said:

I can whip up the original post order again, and hopefully convince everyone to follow it :).

I think if I do more to help you enforce the post order next time around, we can make it work. ^_^

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DerpRavener said:

I'm a little confused as to whether the post order is changing or not, but assuming the first post of this thread is still accurate Arcus is up next.

Post order not changing!  Not until the end of this round, anyways :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, LunarRelic said:

So if someone doesn't post during their turn after so long should we skip them or something? Just a thought.

I will give them 5 days to post.  If not, then I'll send them a pm and give them another two days.  That adds up to a week.  Anytime over, we'll skip and go to the next person.

 

Who is supposed to post next, anyways?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I shall give him a poke.  *Frown*  Aarr~cus...  (Strange...he and I were the original members and creators for the idea of this thread!) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi. I have no idea what's going on or who all the ponies involved are, but I've been invited to join in. :) I'm not sure how to make my entrance; any help would be appreciated.

OC details
Cyclone Guard
- Middle aged pegasus mare.
- Tough, nimble, proficient with a blade and in hoof-to-hoof brawling.
- Warm-hearted but protective and fierce, possessing a quick temper and bold, blunt attitude.

REA branch
Royal Guards

Position/Rank
Sergeant Major serving in Cloudsdale

Opinion on the Equestria attacks
Cyclone believes there is a lot to be done to improve the REA in the long-term, and to be better able to combat both malicious collectives like the Chrysalis hive and powerful villain-class adversaries such as Tirek. Though she can't claim to be an expert in all fields, she'd say there's defences to bolster, training to refine, logistics to streamline, supplies to prepare, equipment to develop; the list goes on. All carefully managed to avoid harming the standard of living in the present peacetime, she hopes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Eventide said:

Hi. I have no idea what's going on or who all the ponies involved are, but I've been invited to join in. :) I'm not sure how to make my entrance; any help would be appreciated.

OC details
Cyclone Guard
- Middle aged pegasus mare.
- Tough, nimble, proficient with a blade and in hoof-to-hoof brawling.
- Warm-hearted but protective and fierce, possessing a quick temper and bold, blunt attitude.

REA branch
Royal Guards

Position/Rank
Sergeant Major serving in Cloudsdale

Opinion on the Equestria attacks
Cyclone believes there is a lot to be done to improve the REA in the long-term, and to be better able to combat both malicious collectives like the Chrysalis hive and powerful villain-class adversaries such as Tirek. Though she can't claim to be an expert in all fields, she'd say there's defences to bolster, training to refine, logistics to streamline, supplies to prepare, equipment to develop; the list goes on. All carefully managed to avoid harming the standard of living in the present peacetime, she hopes.

It would be a good idea to read the rp-

I know Quillhart isn't active for the thread, so you can take his/her spot.  For your post, just have your character enter the room and take a seat, please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Eventide said:

Yo. :I Out of curiosity... what has been your average post turnaround in this?

Average post turnaround?  I have no idea what that is~

 

Anyways, let's skip Arcus-considering he hasn't posted yet.  Who's after him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shadowbolt0 said:

Since Eventide has already posted (Posted before Moonshine), is it mine? Just wanna double-check before I post.

Eyup!  Eventide has replaced Arcus-whom seemed to have disappeared from the site~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm honestly not too sure. I think everyone's finished with their introductions (except for Qillhart and Arcus, who've been offline for a while), so we're at the point where characters who want to make a presentation can go ahead and do so, starting with the lowest ranking member that wants to make a presentation, I think.

Though I'm not exactly certain how that's suppose to work. One pony gives their presentation, and then everyone else talks about and discusses it?...and then after everyone has finished talking about it, the next pony presents their views, and the pattern repeats?

I'm wondering if maybe it might work better to just let Celestia make an opening statement with her own views, and then let everyone else start debating it whenever they feel it's necessary to speak up. Ordinarily, with a RP group comprised of so many people, that would be dangerous, as someone might be working on a post then have to edit when someone posts ahead of them, etc. But with how slowly the RPing is moving, combined with the fact that not everyone will feel the need to speak up (instead contenting themselves to simply pass notes back and forth), I don't think it would be that big of a problem. And then perhaps as the summit draws to a close, ponies could give their closing statements, working from lowest ranking to highest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone that had been on debates, this is how they usually go. 

 

Opening statement by the chair 

Introductions and position about the topic. 

Each member explains their poit of view 

Refutal to them

Conclusions 

Closing by the chair. 

 

We can roll with that if everyone is okay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...