Behind the Spectacle (Skype Transcript: QuickLime & Bellosh)

Bellosh

OOC: I played Svengallop, and QL played Perryton Needles. Interesting fact: it is really hard to make Sven behave like a jerk if he's being buttered up to. Still, twas a nice way to start getting into Sven's groove; maybe next time, the other character will see him in a far less favorable light. Anywho, the following scene occurs when Sven visits Perryton's place of business in Ponyville to check on a costume order he placed there.

------------------

Perryton Needles: "....May I help you..?" -tilts head-

-Cashmere is in the back he ain't dealing with this hoity toity nonsense-

Svengallop: "I believe I placed an order here a month ago for costumes for Countess Coloratura's upcoming concert in Stalliongrad?"

Perryton"Let me check" -levitates over- "Ah yes, we called you last week to confirm they are done, and ready! I can have them out and displayed for you for any last minute changes you might have!"

Svengallop"Well forget about that, the order's been cancelled!"

Perryton"Not a problem, last minute things happen, we can refund you every last bit."

Svengallop: -mildly surprised, having expected more of a protest- "Ah..... thank you for understanding. It's just a terrible shame that with the Countess going through a time of transition, she no longer has any need for elaborate costumes, making all that work of yours go to waste....."

Perryton"It's alright, it's not your fault, it is a shame I was quite fond of her stage shows, very lovely."

Svengallop: -now he's starting to feel flattered- "Why thank you, I put a lot of hard work into those shows." -smugly grins-

Perryton"Oh so you're the artist behind the stage? I'm a fan, I'm not one for pop music, but costumes, pomp and circumstance, a spectacle? THOSE I absolutely adore!"

Svengallop: -Sven's grin only gets smugger as he tilts his head back in pride- "Well, you're looking at the pony who came up with ALL of it. The sparkling costumes, dazzling choreography, and brilliant vocal effects; I designed everything for the Countess's concerts."

Perryton: "-hoof claps- "Eee! Your work is beautiful, I will not lie I have used a little inspiration from your shows to design a costume or two! You have a WONDERFUL eye and attention to detail, bravo!"

Svengallop: -gives a self-congratulatory nod- "That's right, nopony else in the music industry has that sort of talent like I do."

Perryton"Almost seems a waste on the music industry, it sucks that you don't get much recognition because the focus is on the Pony onstage, not the one behind it doing the leg work."

Svengallop: -and just like that, Sven's mood mildly darkens- "Well, that's just how it is in our line of work. Nopony appreciates what we have to do until they slip on water on-stage, or get scammed out of bits by a cheapskate stadium....."

Perryton"Well that's not very fair..." -frowns- "Seems unkind to ONLY notice when you slip up...that sounds awful...I'm sorry it's so rough."

Svengallop: -feeling sour, Sven decides to switch the subject and put on some bravado- "You never mind that. I'll find Equestria's next pop star soon enough, and they'll be the biggest thing yet!"

Perryton"I have nothing but faith in your ability to do so! I'll be there to see what you are truly capable of!"

Svengallop: -that comment makes Sven pause for thought, as he scratches his chin- "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................. on second thought, why don't you show me the costumes I had you make for Coloratura's concert."

Perryton"Of course, they are set up back here" -gestures- "Come, come! Cashmere won't mind."

-Cashmere minds a little-

Svengallop: -follows the tailor to the back-

Perryton: -has them on display, one is clearly inspired by the light work, as the "skirt" flashes colored lights underneath it, one inspired by the fog of the stage, being wispy, delicate, and streamlined, and then there was one that was black, with a high peacock-esque collar, with assorted crystal beads  making a dazzling rainbow-esque display, while coming to the throat in a mess of black lace- "The black one is my favorite."

Svengallop: -puts his discriminating eyes to work while continuing to scratch his chin- "Hmmmmmmm............... you ARE certain these costumes can be worn on-stage without incident..."

Perryton"I have rigorously tested them, the lighting is all woven into the fabric, which is treated magically to be flame resistant, and the high collar," -gently plings it- "Flexible and sewn so fast that a pony can hang onto it and it wouldn't budge." -confident- "My costumes are not just gorgeous they are durable and most importantly safe."

Svengallop: -nodding- "Good. It won't do to have an embarrassment like Sapphire Shores' concert during that last Pony Bowl" -snorts at that memory before turning back to the tailor- "I JUST may be able to find a new use for these costumes. So here's what I propose, Mr. Needles: I'll pay right now for half of what we agreed to if you keep all this stored for now. Then once I find a new client, I'll pay for the other half along with any other expenses accrued from costume additions or modifications I request. Just because these were made for Countess Coloratura doesn't mean they can't be retooled for somepony else, don't you agree?"

Perryton"That sounds very creative and thoughtful Mr. Svengallop!" -nods- "Of course! And I can alter them to fit any pony you find to be your client, they will be here for whenenver and whomever you need them for."

Svengallop: -smiles- "Excellent. Here, let me write you a check....." -does that, and hands the check over to the tailor-

Perryton: -takes it- "Thank you, I'm glad we've found some use for these costumes, I hate seeing costumes just.. unused."

Svengallop: -nods- "It's been a pleasure doing business with you Mr. Needles." -looks at clock, and sees that he needs to get a move on- "I got a train to catch back to Manehattan, but we'll be in touch..." -starts making his way outside-

Perryton"Have a wonderful trip!"

Cashmere: -peeks out- "Ah.." -realizes he's missed things- "Thank you for your patronage."

Archived