Human Twilight depicted with brown skin color?

ShatteredCrown

( I'm not sure if this is in the right section so please move this thread somewhere else if necessary)

I've noticed that in some mlp fan art Human Twilight is depicted with brown skin. My question is why? Is it because she's purple, or is it something else that influences this? All the other characters are depicted white, but not Twilight. Just... Why?

post-11404-0-58427500-1450852291_thumb.j

post-11404-0-63354300-1450937880_thumb.p

post-11404-0-67097900-1450937902_thumb.j

post-11404-0-04021900-1450937922_thumb.j

Not to mention that art looks like a cross between anime and Bob's Burgers with those mouths so it's relatively unappealing to me. I mean.. What Quicklime said. Who cares? Not that I'm afraid to say anything that could potentially offend someone. It's my right to do so but that's just it... I ain't got nothin to say about it >.>

I don't know. but it seems fitting to me for some reason, although other skin colors fit as well. that's probably why they did it: it just seemed fitting

But how would it be fitting, the voice actress for Twilight, Tara Strong, is white. It's just that I see this multiple times when going through fan art drawn by quite a significant amount of artists.

I've seen many variations on races for human Mane 6. One artist I've seen portrays Fluttershy as middle-eastern, wearing a habib. Its just the whim of the artist making it. Race is meaningless when it comes to humanizing pastel ponies.

Because she is a purple unicorn (well alicorn now), she  and everyone else is open to interpretation by the artist to what her human self would look.  Honestly the fact there is some diversity in skin tones adds to the imagery of her with the other mane six as humans.

But how would it be fitting, the voice actress for Twilight, Tara Strong, is white. It's just that I see this multiple times when going through fan art.

It's just interpretation by the artists.  It depends on how the artist sees the humanified pony, what pose is desired, colour scheme, and a whole lot more to do with art.  I don't think it has anything to do with the race of the voice actress (afterall-it's her voice that we hear, not her looks).

Now hold a moment there... My stallion instincts are telling me lets not go down that road x3 lol. THIS IS A DISCUSSION ABOUT COLOR...
Though.. Daisy Duke don't look so fly no more x3 but letus not Besmirch her once GREAT image! ..... *does hourglass motion with hooves* ... >3>

It's just interpretation by the artists.  It depends on how the artist sees the humanified pony, what pose is desired, colour scheme, and a whole lot more to do with art.  I don't think it has anything to do with the race of the voice actress (afterall-it's her voice that we hear, not her looks).

Well if I heard a donkey talk in a German accent, it probably would be best to assume that it's human form is white.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know...it doesn't matter what she sounds like, or anything like that at all.  For goodness sakes, Fluttershy could be Asian, Rarity could be African American, and Pinkie Pie could be Mexican.  Who cares?  Just because someone has an American accent does not necessarily make them American.  I know plenty of people who have a British accent that don't live in Britain, aren't British, and aren't white. 

Archived