Missed opportunities with Zecora or Discord with Spike's heritage?

It sems if any character would know more on, or be willing to help with Spike's dragon family, or continuing his journey of self discovery, it would be Disord of Zecora. I say either these two because Discord and Spi I e haven't really interacted as friends, and Discord is a Draonequuis (literally dragon pony). Zecora, on the other hoof, knew about dragon growth, in 'Secret to my Excess', which points to her having studied or come into contact with other dragons before.

Better yet, an entire arc around these three together, working out whatever differences they might have, finding answers to things together might be a nice fresh twist for FiM

Y'know, I would really love to see more of Zecora in general, even if it doesn't involve Spike! It just feels like Hasbro isn't using her zebra mysterious-ness to it's full potential...

But of course, more backstory for our favorite Number One Assistant would be great too! =D

I seriously wonder if Zecora's presence in the Everfree Forest is far less about comfort and more about her keeping an eye on something or somethings there. A lot of crazy stuff comes out of that forest. Also, just a really random thought-

"My cutie mark, a star that swirls,

did anyone ever say a beard can't be worn by a girl?"

Y'know, I would really love to see more of Zecora in general, even if it doesn't involve Spike! It just feels like Hasbro isn't using her zebra mysterious-ness to it's full potential...

But of course, more backstory for our favorite Number One Assistant would be great too! =D

On second thought, maybe so.

I seriously wonder if Zecora's presence in the Everfree Forest is far less about comfort and more about her keeping an eye on something or somethings there. A lot of crazy stuff comes out of that forest. Also, just a really random thought-

"My cutie mark, a star that swirls,

did anyone ever say a beard can't be worn by a girl?"

Zecora's cutie mark is not a  star, it is a sun, a symbol that means healing, and power, which makes sense

I realize that products have said it's a sun and that's the general consensus, but I figure wild conjecture is a great pony past time.

Seriously though, she's got no horn, but she can do magic. She's even so confident that she basically tells Twilight if she teaches her, she'll be unmatched.

Almost certainly, she is not Starswirl. But since it's a swirling symbol, she's gray, she's in the Everfree forest next to the castle with a shadow that appears to be Starswirl the Bearded, there may be some connection.

I realize that products have said it's a sun and that's the general consensus, but I figure wild conjecture is a great pony past time.

Seriously though, she's got no horn, but she can do magic. She's even so confident that she basically tells Twilight if she teaches her, she'll be unmatched.

Almost certainly, she is not Starswirl. But since it's a swirling symbol, she's gray, she's in the Everfree forest next to the castle with a shadow that appears to be Starswirl the Bearded, there may be some connection.

Not really, we've SEEN Starswirl, He's not a Zebra, and in fact the Products do not say it, it's actually an african symbol :razz:

1172d017899b985177de5fbafadbb7fe.jpg

I said connection, not direct identity. Also, we've only seen mythical pictures and representations of Starswirl, at least in the cartoon. Whether the comics prove out to be canon or not remains to be seen.

Although, the African symbol thing is quite cool.

I said connection, not direct identity. Also, we've only seen mythical pictures and representations of Starswirl, at least in the cartoon. Whether the comics prove out to be canon or not remains to be seen.

Although, the African symbol thing is quite cool.

I know right? I sorta love that it's a real actual thing

Spike has enough background story, what he needs is progressive development, it's usually the same thing for each of his episodes: Acting selfish. That gets boring quickly after one or two episodes.

Anyway, Zecora interests me the most. Discord as well, but not as much as Zecora.

Archived