Jump to content

Official IPB4 bug report thread


Dio
 Share

Recommended Posts

Report any bugs and issues you encounter in this thread.  This includes missing features, any weirdness with permission masks, or broken functionality.

Bug reports should contain the following:

  1. A concise description of the problem.  Summarize the issue in one sentence so we know how to generally categorize and work on the problem.
  2. Detailed steps to reproduce the issue.  This can take the form of a bullet-point list and can be as detailed as necessary to describe how to trigger the issue.
  3. Your computer's operating system and whether it is 32- or 64-bit.
  4. Web browsers that this issue occurs on.  You may also include any plugins or extensions you think may interact with the issue.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Honeywing said:

 

2 minutes ago, Dabom444 said:

Yea I can't use the homepage

Yup.  That was a permissions oversight.  Should be fixed now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

umm... we have lost quite a bit of our rpg... Prototype Angels... If you cannot get the rest of it back... then can you at least tell us what happened to it....?

If the RP took place after the first update, it was lost. The fix that was implemented this week wiped out any posts made after the first failed update. The site admins posted warnings that this would happen, and advised folks to back up their posts. We're sorry you lost part of your RP, but we won't be able to recover it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my profile, 'About Me' section, a lot of the writing is on strike-through, even though-when I clicked to edit it-the format bar showed that strike-through was not activated.  I tried activating strick-through and then disabling on that unneeded strike-through in my blurb, but the strike-through remained.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lyipheoryia said:

In my profile, 'About Me' section, a lot of the writing is on strike-through, even though-when I clicked to edit it-the format bar showed that strike-through was not activated.  I tried activating strick-through and then disabling on that unneeded strike-through in my blurb, but the strike-through remained.

Please note the "Tx" button in the editor pane.  This will strip all formatting from the selected text and is the surest way to disable formatting when it needs to be done.  I have taken the liberty of correcting your About Me profile tab for you while testing this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dio said:

Please note the "Tx" button in the editor pane.  This will strip all formatting from the selected text and is the surest way to disable formatting when it needs to be done.  I have taken the liberty of correcting your About Me profile tab for you while testing this.

Thanks a lot, Dio!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can edit my older gallery uploads just fine, but when I try to edit the details of my newest one, I get this message:

Sorry, there is a problem

This content can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.

Error code: 2S136/E

Another thing: When I edited the details of my old image to test it out, it brought it back to the front of the gallery like I just uploaded it all over again. :-|

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Mobile is quite nice, but there are a few problems...

-When autocorrect corrects something like a capitalization error when you are quoting a post, it messes up the location of where the words after the correction are being typed. I have to reposition my text cursor every single time this happens.

-Posts can be edited, but in forum threads it seems that the changes can't be saved. This makes it exceedingly annoying when I see a grammatical error in one of my posts and cannot fix it.

-There was another one, but I forget what it was. Mustn't have been that important anyways xP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

My notifications still aren't showing up for certain, seemingly random threads.  My notification settings say I should be getting the notifications, but they still aren't showing up.

 

I am using Chrome, on Windows 8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed this week that I can't reply to blog posts. There is no Reply or Quote button or text box below. This isn't just when looking at the blogs I've created but other blogs I want to reply to. Technical aspects wise I'm using the Standard theme and am on Google Chrome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lux said:

I noticed this week that I can't reply to blog posts. There is no Reply or Quote button or text box below. This isn't just when looking at the blogs I've created but other blogs I want to reply to. Technical aspects wise I'm using the Standard theme and am on Google Chrome.

Oh, neither can I.  I thought that was just a feature that came with the update.  

 

Windows, Standard theme, Google Chrome as well~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2016 at 3:08 PM, Lyipheoryia said:

Oh, neither can I.  I thought that was just a feature that came with the update.  

 

Windows, Standard theme, Google Chrome as well~

Yes, it must have happened last week because I saw Rosewind reply to my blog, but I couldn't do so afterwards. 

And yes, I did try clearing my browser cache and history, but it still didn't fix this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Concerning blogs as well, I don't have the option to create one at all.

The +Create tap at the top of the page doesn't list the option, no tab for Blogs shows up on my profile, and no option appears on the Blog section of the site. I've tried on both Google Chrome and Windows 8, and I'm on the standard theme. I also tried both web browsers on my work laptop with no luck. Both computers are 64-bit.

I do have the option to comment on blogs, if that helps at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I call this bug Spoiler tagception and came across it by accident.

Normally one can remove tags in topics such

Quote

as the quotation tags 

These work fine but use the spoiler tags things get messy

Spoiler

Rainbow dash is actually a guy

Looks fine right?

Well for some reason you cant backspace out spoiler tags sometimes and sometimes you wind up with a bunch of nested spoilers

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah if you accidentally hit spoiler tags they will nest inside eachother with no hope of erasing the tag.

It may do the same with quotations too

I dont know if its the forum software, my browser (google chrome on Linux) but sometimes it will act funny.

This time seems fine but I had it bug out once and I wanted to artificially create the scenario I was in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anyone having problems posting images via Tiny Pic? I noticed, after I post my usual forum graphic link, it just now does this.

 

{option}http://i66.tinypic.com/15ppb9u.jpg[/IMG]

 

What's with that? :I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2016 at 7:38 PM, Bogle said:

Concerning blogs as well, I don't have the option to create one at all.

The +Create tap at the top of the page doesn't list the option, no tab for Blogs shows up on my profile, and no option appears on the Blog section of the site. I've tried on both Google Chrome and Windows 8, and I'm on the standard theme. I also tried both web browsers on my work laptop with no luck. Both computers are 64-bit.

I do have the option to comment on blogs, if that helps at all. 

I believe the blog permissions have been adjusted, but if they have not, please send me a PM so that I can ensure this is done.

On 3/28/2016 at 9:09 PM, TheColtofPersonality said:

I call this bug Spoiler tagception and came across it by accident.

Normally one can remove tags in topics such

These work fine but use the spoiler tags things get messy

  Reveal hidden contents

Looks fine right?

Well for some reason you cant backspace out spoiler tags sometimes and sometimes you wind up with a bunch of nested spoilers

  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah if you accidentally hit spoiler tags they will nest inside eachother with no hope of erasing the tag.

It may do the same with quotations too

I dont know if its the forum software, my browser (google chrome on Linux) but sometimes it will act funny.

This time seems fine but I had it bug out once and I wanted to artificially create the scenario I was in

The delete key will likely give you more consistent performance.  Try this before we attempt to apply software-level fixes.

On 3/28/2016 at 10:06 PM, tacobob said:

Is anyone having problems posting images via Tiny Pic? I noticed, after I post my usual forum graphic link, it just now does this.

 

{option}http://i66.tinypic.com/15ppb9u.jpg[/IMG]

 

What's with that? :I

Technically CKEditor should support auto-embed, but it apparently REALLY doesn't like tinypic.  Try imgur first, just posting the raw image URL and see if that works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

In certain status updates, I see this very annoying fish: " :carp:".  It just pops at the end of the status reply, and stays there.  It seems that nobody else can see it on there end, and they certainly didn't put the fish there on purpose.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...