A nighttime Wish

Na11

Starry Requiem blinked.  Where am I?  She heard the voice of a mare...strange.  It wasn't one that she recognized, not one of the high class elite.  She sounded like "one of those ponies", and she wrinkled her nose in disgust.  From the assumptions on her voice, this mare was low class, not high up in the social ladder, and was old enough to have a filly.  She blinked around again, confused why she was here with an...undeserving mare!

Finally, Starry opened her mouth to reply, but found herself at a lost for words.  Should she go about and be kind?  Reassure the mare?  Make her feel safe?  Nah...just going about the usual passive-aggressive Starry seemed just fine in this situation,

"It's not like I'm totally standing here~,"  

She gave a smirk at her sarcastic remark, wondering why the mare couldn't see her with her own eyes.

"Oh hey there,  Are you Blind?"

Strawberry Forgot about the avoid strangers thing. "My name is strawberry milkshake, and i am mare too!"

"Hello  Stranger!"

Starry looked at the mare, and resisted the urge to swear at her.  So rude!  So improper!  She developed an instant hatred for her.  

"So what if I am?"  

She turned towards the mare with utmost demise, her words like bitter sap against her coat.  She was so rude!  She was so ignorant!  Impolite!  She adjusted her shades, and her eyes were as deadly as a dark abyss could be,

"Do.  I.  Care?"  Do I care that you're a mare?  Do I care what your name is?  You want to play impolite and rude-then let's battle~  Welcome to my world, milkshake.

1 minute ago, Lyipheoryia said:

Starry looked at the mare, and resisted the urge to swear at her.  So rude!  So improper!  She developed an instant hatred for her.  

"So what if I am?"  

She turned towards the mare with utmost demise, her words like bitter sap against her coat.  She was so rude!  She was so ignorant!  Impolite!  She adjusted her shades, and her eyes were as deadly as a dark abyss could be,

"Do.  I.  Care?"  Do I care that you're a mare?  Do I care what your name is?  You want to play impolite and rude-then let's battle~  Welcome to my world, milkshake.

"I didn't mean to make you upset at all, no, you probaly don't care, i am really sorry." Strawberry was about to cry, she didn't mean to upset Starry "I can go if you want-or-, i'll just sit over there."

Starry sniffed, hmft!  

She walked around the premise, still not quite sure where she was.  Then, she smiled-she cast her infrared spell, Let's see where this estranged mare took me~

Starry sniffed, hmft!  

She walked around the premise, still not quite sure where she was.  Then, she smiled-she cast her infrared spell, Let's see where this estranged mare took me~

Strawberry opened her house door. "Soo, are you coming in, My door can't stay open you know, it's chilly" Strawberry is very open to strangers.

"But since i'm older than you...NOT that it matters of course" Strawberry was now nervous about this Mare "And what's your name?"

Starry observed everything around her for a moment, the sounds-the feelings, the scents.  She was in Ponyville.  The mare seemed to be quite flustered...too easily flustered.  This was no high-class pony, but a regular "peasant", as those nobles would call it.

With the mare's question, she sought to humor her-

"Lady Starriella Requiem of the Royal House of Requiem, Head Astrophysicist in the Department of Infrared Astronomy in the Royal Canterlot Observatory,"  

Of course, her real name wasn't Starriella.  That was just a name she had seen on the cover of some newspaper-a model of some sort.  She game a sniff to the air, walked with the air of a Royal Cat into Milkshake's home.

Starry observed everything around her for a moment, the sounds-the feelings, the scents.  She was in Ponyville.  The mare seemed to be quite flustered...too easily flustered.  This was no high-class pony, but a regular "peasant", as those nobles would call it.

With the mare's question, she sought to humor her-

"Lady Starriella Requiem of the Royal House of Requiem, Head Astrophysicist in the Department of Infrared Astronomy in the Royal Canterlot Observatory,"  

Of course, her real name wasn't Starriella.  That was just a name she had seen on the cover of some newspaper-a model of some sort.  She game a sniff to the air, walked with the air of a Royal Cat into Milkshake's home.

"Umm, whoa, nice name"? Strawberry was very confused "I'll just call you Starry, it's so cute!"

She hated to remind the mare of Canterlot standards, but nopony ever called her Starry.  Not even her own father.  It was "Miss Requiem", or "Lady Requiem", or just "Requiem". 

She grinded her teeth and resisted the urge to scream and shout, "You shall refer to me as Lady Requiem, and no other,"  Afterall, those of lower social class in Canterlot always called her by her full title to gain her honour.  And the least this pony could do with her most insensitive spirit was to call her by her abbreviated title. 

2 minutes ago, Lyipheoryia said:

She hated to remind the mare of Canterlot standards, but nopony ever called her Starry.  Not even her own father.  It was "Miss Requiem", or "Lady Requiem", or just "Requiem". 

She grinded her teeth and resisted the urge to scream and shout, "You shall refer to me as Lady Requiem, and no other,"  Afterall, those of lower social class in Canterlot always called her by her full title to gain her honour.  And the least this pony could do with her most insensitive spirit was to call her by her abbreviated title. 

"Ok, "Lady Requiem"whatever, like it matters, i don't know why this little-this little-oof!   Strawberry rolled her eyes, angry that this pony thought she was better than everyone else "But this isn't canter lot you know, it's a neighbor hood like place"

She smiled, was this mare giving her sass?  She liked that~ 

"Like it or not, I'm still Head of the Royal House of Requiem-wherever I go,"  She gave her mane a slight flick, mimicking something that her mother did quite often.  

"I really should get going though...you know I'm actually here to do something, right?  I have an audience with Starlight Glimmer,"  

She gave a stern nod, before heading for the library to meet Starlight.  

---

"I'm so sorry for my tardiness.  Some mare named Milkshake was holding me up,"  She bowed her head low to apologize.

Starlight instead told her about Strawberry Milkshake, telling her about the mare and her life.  The smallest bit of regret hinted into her face as she remembered her cruel Canterlite treatment of the mare.

"SURPRISE!" Like Strawberry would actually leave Starry "I think i have a right to stay, after all, you were so mean to me earlier."

She almost shrieked when she found Milkshake standing behind her after she had decided to postpone the meeting with Starlight.  "Listen-I've got no right to play you as a stupid mare, so I apologize for that," 

Eyup.  That was all Starry was going to say.  That was the most of an apology Milkshake was getting.

6 minutes ago, Lyipheoryia said:

She almost shrieked when she found Milkshake standing behind her after she had decided to postpone the meeting with Starlight.  "Listen-I've got no right to play you as a stupid mare, so I apologize for that," 

Eyup.  That was all Starry was going to say.  That was the most of an apology Milkshake was getting.

"Ok, Thank you for the formal Apology Lady Requiem" Strawberry said, mocking Starry's Voice 

***After your post, i need to finish up my homework****

She sniffed and didn't bat an eye at the mocking gesture, instead turned towards the mare.  "Here-take this,"  It was only Canterlite mannerism to apologize, then offer a gift.  The ticket was a pass...to go for the exclusive tour of the Royal Canterlot Observatory.  She tilted her head up and looked down at the mare, "The tour's in two days, if you're interested,"  Without a word-or even allowing the mare to reply, she walked off for the train station-to go back to Canterlot where she belonged.

Just now, Lyipheoryia said:

She sniffed and didn't bat an eye at the mocking gesture, instead turned towards the mare.  "Here-take this,"  It was only Canterlite mannerism to apologize, then offer a gift.  The ticket was a pass...to go for the exclusive tour of the Royal Canterlot Observatory.  She tilted her head up and looked down at the mare, "The tour's in two days, if you're interested,"  Without a word-or even allowing the mare to reply, she walked off for the train station-to go back to Canterlot where she belonged.

"Whoa Th-" Starry was gone. "The Royal Canter Observatory" What's That, how should i react, i must follow her!

**Next Day?**

The train ride was smooth, and the mare named Milkshake was far from her mind.  What was on her mind, though...was the presentation.  It was a group assignment, to study the Cat's Eye Nebulae and to track it's movements.  She had volunteered for the job immediately, remembering her cutie mark.  Her infrared magic had proved less than helpful in the observational side of things, and her blindness made her feel all the more useless.  But...the presentation for their report was tomorrow, and she had written the entire thing.  She took a deep breath in, and recalled the entire presentation which she had yet to memorize.

Strawberry was still confused about this, How is she blind and astronomer? I guess i'll just wait.Plus, I think i'm lost on the train!Help!

"Hey Requiem!" Strawberry was relieved that the mare was here, now she knew she wasn't lost "Where are we going?" "To Canterlot?" I love Canterlot, though i have never been there.

Starry shrieked again when she realized that Milkshake was right behind her.  Did that mare ever give up?  

She groaned inertly, hoping to avoid any more of the mare's questions, "Listen to the conductor instead of asking me, puleeese,"  Her voice strained the slightest bit, a result of her earlier experience with the mare and the incoming stress for the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

"Ok, if you wish!"  "And good night!" 

Strawberry then went to sleep on the seat she was sitting until the next day.

***sorry, but i am a bit slow during rps****

((It's okay, so am I~))

Starry grimaced, "Fine."

She shrinked to the seat opposite of the mare, before taking out a book to read.  She called upon her spell, and the words from the book were read to her.  Loudly.

Archived