CMC Get Their Marks

Admit it, you all teared up too when this moment happened!

Another week and another episode with the adorable ponies we all love.  With our next episode we have the return of the adorable Cutie mark Crusaders in their first post-cutie mark episode.  We all wondered what was in store next for our favorite trio of fillies once they discovered their special talents.  How will they use this knowledge?  Where will life lead them next as their continue to grow up?  Tune in to find out!  The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on April 9th! :)<3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :)

Also will see about adding links to videos of the episode when they are available.

It was a fun episode. I can feel the shipping in the Force. Abby was hit with a bit much of the dumb stick, but it was a CMC episode. They all get whacked hard with it at some point. Funny episode. Good times.

It was high on adorable. I'd say it was exactly the sort of episode we needed as a follow up to Crusaders of the Lost Mark.

Really liked seeing one of the CMC get a solo song, especially since it was so pretty.

So... you know...

*insert warning here?*

Spoiler

Wow.

Once again, there's not really much for me to say about this episode.

To be completely honest... this was the kind of episode I was hoping for once the CMC got their cutie marks.

Them struggling on what they're supposed to do now that they have them. So this was just the perfect episode.

Admittedly I was worried the CMC would basically have no purpose once they received their cutie marks but this episode showed me that I was sorely mistaken.

Bulk Biceps made this funny quite hilarious. There were other funny moments too. Like when they tried to find stuff to do together and kept failing at it. :lol:

Not surprising, Apple Bloom struggling to find something to do on her own led to her finding the problem they needed to assist in.

I actually kind of like that they're helping other ponies either find their cutie marks or help them determine their cutie marks true meaning. Most CMC episodes have been kind of 'iffy' for me but that may possibly change now and I may actually start to like them more now. :blush:

Also... inb4 people ship Apple Bloom with that performing colt. :roll:

Either way... this was quite the surprisingly decent CMC episode.

:smirk:

Why am I not surprised that Tree Hugger is a nude art model...  :| 

I did think that the lesson in this episode was great.  As we grow older, our lives and interests grow and change.  It can be scary and lonely to see our friends drift away, but we can also make new friends who can also enrich our lives.  

Very cute story! 

Spoiler
  • This was a great follow up to the Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and it answers the question of what our three fillies will do now that they have their marks. 
  • Love the message of the three doing things on their own and finding what you like to do without expecting friends to do it or get a reward (like helping others with cutie mark problems)
  • Bulk Biceps! YEAHHH! It was interesting seeing his "problem" and how the three Crusaders solve it. 
  • Our new colt, Tender Taps. 
  • Apple Bloom... you're the new silly pony! From sulking to frustrated, to blaming friends. 
  • Wow, so many things to do in Ponyville like dancing, art class (with Tree Hugger as model?), and white water rafting! 
  • Scootaloo and her roller coaster scooter course. 
  • Sweetie Belle's singing lesson. 

Overall it was a pretty good story. 8/10

Just now, tacobob said:

Cute episode.

Loved this little bit...and the end...

Hide contents

5BU6bsW.png  He's showing his new CM off...And the mares are like...The heck?

What I like about that is that as they walk off screen their faces change, one by one, to one of, "awww, good for you". Such good animation detail.

I liked this episode, it was a natural progression of the CMC saga. It made sense they would struggle to find their own meaning since they achieved their goal. It's a good question to answer -- what happens when you figure out your dream? 8/10

Archived