Have you created a videogame?

Sorta.

Years ago, when I was in Jr High or High school, I toyed around with Game Maker. I made a crappy top-down shooter (well, it was a room-to-room shooter, but I didn't know how to get the character to fire in more than one direction), and two extremely short platformers (starring a Cheep Cheep) as well as a sort of breakout/pinball game also starring a Cheep Cheep.

It's about the only thing I do at times. (Aside from the life thing.) I've worked with all of those tools listed except for Unreal 4, though I have worked with previous versions of the software. My primary tool these days seems to be Game Maker Studio, though I started in 3D software. Worked with groups here and there, but only the stuff I've developed on my own has gotten released. (Aside from the moments I've worked in a studio.) It's all free stuff that's mostly experimental.

Though now I'm currently working with a friend on a project.

10 hours ago, ZephyrBurst said:

It's about the only thing I do at times. (Aside from the life thing.) I've worked with all of those tools listed except for Unreal 4, though I have worked with previous versions of the software. My primary tool these days seems to be Game Maker Studio, though I started in 3D software. Worked with groups here and there, but only the stuff I've developed on my own has gotten released. (Aside from the moments I've worked in a studio.) It's all free stuff that's mostly experimental.

Though now I'm currently working with a friend on a project.

I was gonna use Unity on my project, but someone recommended UE4 so I'm giving it a try before I decide what to use. The use of C++ instead of C# (which Unity uses iirc) will be harder, but I'm up to trying it.

I used to dabble in game design using the previously mentioned Game Maker.

Unfortunately, I never actually finished a project.  I would usually get the game engine working flawlessly and tinker with a few new effects and the like, but about the time it got to the simple stuff like level design, I'd get bored and move on to something else.

The closest I ever came to completion was a game I worked on based on the "Hellsing Ultimate" series.

Unfortunately, all that remains of this project is an old screenshot.

screenshot100.png

Archived