Official Discussion Thread - S06E9 Saddle Row & Rec

rarity_good_mornings_by_acharmingpony-d8

It's another glorious morning of fabulous!

Another week and another episode with the adorable ponies we all love! looks like Rarity gets the focus again as she is about to make that next great leap in her career when she opens a new flagship store in Manehattan.  Her friends of course will be there to help!  How will it go?  How much crazy fashion will we get to see?  Will everything go without a hitch?  Yeah, right!  It'll be mared by colorful hilarity somehow! Tune in to find out!  The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on May 21st! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

That was a fun episode. Wasn't expecting it to be the format it was.

Honestly, I was worried it would become a humiliation conga like Newbie Dash, but for the most part it wasn't.

Spoiler

Also, dat reporter. I need pictures! Pictures of Spider-Pone!

And it seems one of Pinkie's clones still lives.

Seems Vinyl commutes between Manehattan and Ponyville.

SPOON!

Loved the uniqueness of the presentation. Gave it a very unique feel and a lot of the interview bits were hilarious.

Actually just in general this one was hilarious. So much delightful silliness. I can't remember the last time Pony has just allowed itself to be so gleefully absurd. 

Also, Rainbow imitating Rarity for a third time. More than anyone else. I so approve. More. 

Only negative really is that it seems so strange that Rarity would be so disorganized, saving all this for the finale day. I'm willing to forgive it for just how much fun it all was though. The streak of excellence continues.

Thoughts below but it's pretty much positive however I'll put in spoilers anyway.

Spoiler

I actually really liked this one!!

They made it seem like it was going to be a bad review and that was understandable. I kind of like how this episode was done too.

We never saw what happened so it was like a flashback and also the interviews were hilarious at times. :lol:

Did you see the extra Pinkie? That legitimately cracked me up. :lol:

It was funny to see Twilight and co. try to act like Rarity and do what she wanted to do, and then, not surprisingly, it all failed on them quite badly and they quickly shifted to their regular selves.

It also looks like Vinyl Scratch/DJ-PON3 is starting to become a recurring character now which I also like. I also like that they're keeping her mute. I really liked that in Slice of Life and sort of just made her 'cooler' for me. It's kind of hard to explain. I guess it makes her more mysterious? :unsure:

Either way this one had quite of few funny moments which I quite liked and the review actually seemed like a a good review and not the DOOM review that Twilight and co. made it seem like.

Just a good all-around episode as far as I'm concerned with lots of funny moments.

:)

The preview on EQD made this episode look like a low expectations filler, which is exactly the opposite of what we got!  This episode surprised me several times with its set up, humor, pacing, and good use of each of the mane six characters.  I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this episode. 

Great episode! 

Right off the bat, I like the interview formatting interspersed between the action. It gave it an interesting way of telling the story. 

Love the dancing ponies at the club, the Godfather pony, and several other background ponies. 

One of the Pinkie Pie clones escaped? 

Spoon clothing? 

Twilight, stop getting hyper organized. 

This episode was 10/10. It was absurd and silly and a lot of fun, wrapped up with a great amount of characterization for all six. That is getting rare as we generally get lots for one character and nary a thing for everypony else, but this week we got them all. The set-up was amazing- I love these style of comedy show interviews. The first episode in to years my daughters wanted to rewatch right after we saw it, which is happening as we speak.

Sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep

Cute episode. And very funny.

Spoiler

Apparently ecstasy is canon..And I guess 'foal' is used for any young pony, even the rave-teens on the top. :o

And the loose Pinkie clone...I wonder if that's one of the clones from the "Too Many Pinkie Pies" episode, or she's a Changeling? Hhmmm. And if she's a clone...Wonder what she's been up to?

1 hour ago, tacobob said:

Hide contents

And I guess 'foal' is used for any young pony, even the rave-teens on the top. :o

Yeah, I guess it's like on Earth where people, especially older people, call teens kids. Have to say though, the pink one with the wild mane was my favorite of the raver ponies. 

Archived