Canterlot Event Ideas!

Kudalyn

How about this for a summer/spring break style event: A beach volleyball tournament!

Have two-pony/creature teams in a double elimination style tournament, winner of each match determined by random chance (as with the RotL). Could have RP action in the games themselves as well as 'on the sidelines' during each phase of the tournament.

Well, at another forum i use to visit, we would have Signature contests about every week or so. I can see many people here have some skills in making neat sigs, So i think that might be something we could do... Maybe not so much based on ones ability to draw, but ones ability to take raw materials (like pictures or vectors) and put them together in an eye catching way.

As for RPs are concerned, i'm still trying to get use to how things work around here... I'm more use to 1x1 RPs... but anyway, on topic, A whodunnit would be neat! we could have one person decide who the murderer is (or who stole the cupcakes, or whatever), and secretly sends them a message discussing how it woudl happen before making it so... then the other have to figure out who did it by the clues left lying around, accusing people and questioning others... i think it would be exciting!

i can't think of much else at the moment though...

I do have some ideas in mind myself for an Iron Pony tournament, where the contestants are given points to put into certain stats, and made to compete in 1 on 1 competitions which are judged for post quality and attributed with a luck factor as well. To make it different from the ROTL though, the stats play a role as well. to give an example...

Say we have an Iron Pony application sheet, Each Pony is given 10 points to spread out in 5 different categories. Strength, Speed, Stamina, Willpower and Luck. So a simple app would look like this:

Pony Contestant #1

Strength (STR) - 3

Speed (SPD) - 2

Stamina (STM)- 3

Willpower (WIL) - 2

Luck (LCK) - 1

and

Pony Contestant #2

Strength (STR) - 2

Speed (SPD) - 3

Stamina (STM)- 1

Willpower (WIL) - 3

Luck (LCK) - 2

Now, each event would have certain score perks depending on points. Let's say the first event is the 100 metre dash. It would be [100 Metre Dash (SPD/STM) - Pony#1 vs Pony #2].

Post quality would be rated on 5 (by multiple judges perhaps?), the dice roll (on 6) and finally, the stats. It should be noted that no events would have a LCK Stat booster. The LCK stat allows your character to have as many dice rolls as it has points, and you keep the highest number. So let's have an example:

Pony #1

Post Score: 4

Stat bonus: 2 SPD, 3 STM

Dice bonus: 4

Total: 13 Points

Pony #2

Post Score: 4

Stat Bonus: 3 SPD, 1 STM

Dice Bonus: 6 (rolled a 3 then a 6 due to LCK bonus)

Total: 14 Points

So Pony #2 would move on to the next challenge! The next event would continue, perhaps [Weight Lifting (STR) - Pony #2 and Pony #3], while Pony #1 would go on to face Pony #4. Everypony that registers at the start would have a chance to compete in every round, I wouldn't want to do an elimination thing. I'm thinking each round won earns a pony 1 point to the total score of the competition, and after a few rounds, the ponies with the highest scores (if there is a tie) could battle in a final exclusive round for the title of Iron Pony!

Anyhow, thats my idea and I'm sticking to it! I'd love to hear any thoughts on it, or suggestions from anypony on how to improve it! I feel like it's an event that would really shake things up here at Canterlot! =D

Winter is going to be coming before we know it. And after that... comes Winter Wrap up. Are you planning to have a single forum-wide winter wrap up, or will it be seperated into the different areas, such as Ponyville (which we've seen), Canterlot (we've heard they use magic), Hoofington, Appleloosa, Manehattan, and so on? Or will there be a WWU event at all?

Iron Pony: Not sure. Seems a bit... too competitive for our site, but I'll mention it to the other staff.

Rift into crossover world: Personally I'm not partial to that idea - the reason we HAVE the crossover world is for all the different ideas that don't suit the Mane RP to have a home for themselves... I think a crossover from the Crossover would just be too chaotic!

Winter Wrap Up: As far as I know, we ARE hoping to have a WWU event, but that probably won't be until next year, when spring rolls around. SO we still have lots of time to plan and prepare for that - in the mean time, we're working on what exactly our winter events will be! We have some fun ideas, and I can't wait for everything to start moving!