Winter is Coming [Invite; Ice Storm]

RexDraco

EelWvW1.png

As the Draconequis tasted the cake and commented on how it would relieve so many bad days, Ice Storm giggled a bit, especially when he said that it would be more than enough to end or create wars. "Well, I wouldn't say that my cakes are that good," she replied as she heard him say that she should enter her cakes into one of the competitions here in town. That he was sure that it would get her a lot of publicity and attention. She pondered the idea. Her franchise was already booming. Could she handle any more attention then what she was already getting from running five stores? Would they want her to open more? At the moment she wasn't sure that she would be able to handle that much attention. Not to mention, if she became that famous for her store's success, then that would make it harder for her to complete any missions that she would need to be called for that required subterfuge. Then again, it would be her store that was famous, not necisserily her.

"I think that might not be a bad idea. Perhaps I should keep a look out for when the next competition is available. I mean, my cakes are nothing fancy, but I'm sure I can find something to spruce it up for a competition like that. Pretty easily actually considering I can make any flavor combination imaginable. I'm sure I could create something amazing and divine," she told him with a smile before grabbing a piece of the cake for herself with a giggle.

• 2 weeks later...

discord_banner_full_smol_by_rex_draco-dbbfadx.png

Desserts were finicky like that, well any food if you wanted to get technical. Such delights could bring peace or start international incidents depending on whose chocolate cake you thought was better! The spirit was not one to exaggerate the idea of war, but a good food fight was certainly something he could get behind. As long as he got to munch on any of the chocolate pudding to pass by. The idea was that the food could be used to influence the most mundane decisions from law to lawlessness which had him pondering if one could use it diplomatically? Sure making Yaks happy by mimicking their native cuisine was a one way ticket to being stomped, but how did it go over with other counties? Mimicry was the highest form of flattery after all…

Putting food on a competitive level allowed a pony to expand their horizons. As far as he experienced in his time here the pony race could be rather barbaric. With Harmony filling their land and a warless field of peace they had to find other ways to argue without summoning the magic consuming ire of the Wendigo. While chaos was about he tended more to keep a distance and let the world change. Sometimes there were species that needed a push or he was bored! But the Wendigo? They thrived in negativity. He was good either way, but rather a high presence of existence as it was much easier to communicate. Leaning forward he raised his plate to lick it clean, slowly licking a hole through the porcelain. He wiggled out his forked tongue through the hole before slurping the muscle back. He peered through the hole before the plate formed over his face like a half mask.

He threw out a black cape now hanging from his back and chuckled. “The fate which condemns me to wallowing in frosting, has also denied me the joys of chocolate~!” He record before the cape fluttered loudly over the counter leaving the counter clean of his mess. “Really many of these places layer their cakes in frosting and fondant that you can't taste the cake itself any longer. “ He leaned his fore paw on the surface of the counter as his left hoof slid to rest behind his talon. “Or perhaps…. Something chaotic.” He assured. “Nothing like rainbow cake.” Has one ever had rainbow cake? An explosion of flavors.

Pure, sweet, madness.

“Oh I think you’ll do wonderfully darling!” He presented. “Besides we’re friends now. I believe in you~!” He seemed absolutely delighted by the treat, patting his full tummy. “Well Icy, it has been fun. I should visit again. Do invite me over for another treat. If you ever wish to have me as company… all you need to do is call….” He grinned.

• 4 weeks later...

EelWvW1.png

The icy blue unicorn could only nod in agreement with the spirit of chaos as he mentioned that so many bakeries anymore layered their cakes in so much frosting anymore that tasting the cake was a miracle. It was almost like having a cake made completely of frosting! Ice Storm loved her sweets as much as the next pony, but that was just too much! that was why she liked her Ice Cream Cakes better just the right amount of ice cream for the right amount of cake! It was a perfect balance! She couldn't help but giggle at his comment of wallowing in frosting. the image of a pony rolling around and throwing a tantrum in frosting was amusing her. She imagined that would be quite sticky to clean up afterwards though. She had plenty of experiences with sticky situations to know it wouldn't be fun.

When he mentioned something about her doing a rainbow cake, since she could do any flavor and flavor combinations, the idea intrigued her. Although she would have to research which flavors would work well together in a cake. Take the time to figure out if she should or not because she already knew she could. "That wouldn't be a bad idea... I'd have to make sure that the flavors would work together though. A lot of trial and error and research would be required for something like that. I don't want to throw a bunch of flavors together only for them to clash and make everything unpleasurable. It is a cake after all. A pony is supposed to enjoy eating it." she replied as he said that he had enjoyed the visit and that if she wanted him to visit again, all she had to do was call. "Aww, you're leaving already?" she said looking outside noticing that the it was already dusk... "Oh, I didn't know we were here that long..." she told him. Good thing she was already home then. Though once the stars were out she'd probably venture to the park to her favorite location to stargaze from when she wasn't using the observatory.

discord_banner_full_smol_by_rex_draco-dbbfadx.png

It had been an interesting day, to say the least. That was, perhaps, the foremost thing he did enjoy about ponies, admittedly. While they were a bit primitive and failed to use their resources to become much greater beings than they were now -- he could appreciate their zest for life and love and friendship. If not for these traits he was sure he would have never fancied sticking around. Friendship really made the deal as it was a unique and oddly chaotic experience. Despite his appearances and behaviors it seemed the ponies of Equestria had no qualms letting him stick around and play. Phenomenal cosmic powers -- didn’t seem to make him dangerous in such a state. An ego, mayhaps, but he was quite a gentle fiend once one got to know him. Nothing like a chat and sweets to bring out the posh in the primordial beast. He was a talkative sort and could go on and on about the facts of time and space and theories of a golden horseshoe existing! You could always count on him for a good time, nevertheless!

He finished off his cake and dabbed his muzzle lips with a handkerchief that seemed to manifest from nowhere. “My a delightful cake.” He looked to Icy who responded to his suggestion. “Oh yes wouldn’t that be fun. Do invite me when you plan to experiment I could use another day.” What did he mean by that? It wasn’t as if gods of chaos had proper work.

He glanced back toward the window. It seemed Celestia and Luna were swapping out. He would do to check on the lunar princess and see if she would like to play another round of go fish. It was rather fun seeing her become competitive over such a simple activity. Cards could create so many outcomes. He floated up and would inch his head over the ice mare’s shoulder, suddenly behind her. His lips pulled back into a grin, those fangs displaying themselves: clearly made for munching chocolate rather than ponies.

“Yes and I must bid you adieu!” He chuckled before appearing at the door with a cap, briefcase and wearing a pressed business jacket. “I have to head off, you know: more chaos to incite. It was quite a lovely cake. I’ll be back for more another time.” He would promise. And if the little mare had none else to say the spirit would vanish, leaving behind the hat!

--EXIT--

Archived