Official Discussion Thread - S06E21 Every Little Thing She Does

equality__by_freefraq-d8owlyq.png

How half the fandom sees her.

Another week and another episode with the ponies we all adore and love!  We maybe not all of us because this week's episode focuses on the most controversial character of the main six seven, Starlight Glimmer! What magical mischief does Starlight get into when learning about friendship? has she truly learned that friendship is earned and not taken via communist coup d'etat? Tune in to find out!!   The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on September 24th!! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, FrankT said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well that was freaky! Being turned into a living computer is something else again.

I accidentally hit the 'Quote' button, didn't mean for this to be a 'reply' to FrankT, but the website software won't let me erase this, so I have no choice but to leave it up.

Anyway, I'll be brief:

Spoiler

I liked this episode, though it wasn't GREAT, it was still fun to watch.  Truthfully, I could see a younger (earlier season version) of Twilight Sparkle doing all this to her friends to 'speed up' friendship lessons, but we can see that Princess Twilight has matured and learned from her past experiences.  These actions did fit Starlight Glimmer's current personality since she's been really trying (at times TOO hard) to make up for her past misdeeds by learning more about true friendship.  Glad Twi didn't hit SG with the old "this is exactly what you did when you ran your old village" rant.  That would've been a really 'low blow.'  Anyway, overall, it was a good episode, not great, but good. 

On a side note, seems less and less Canterlot members are commenting on current season episodes.  I wonder why?

*sighs*

You really shouldn't read this. Seriously. You shouldn't. If you do... it's at your own risk.

Spoiler

So apparently... Starlight solves all her problems with magic. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START WITH THIS.

There are 3 things to keep in mind about how ridiculous this was.

First of all... YOU DON'T USE MAGIC TO SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS YOU ****ING DUMBASS. :twisted:

Second of all... THAT SPELL WAS BASICALLY A MIND CONTROL SPELL YOU GOD DAMN *****. :x

and Third of all... YOU DON'T USE MAGIC ON YOUR FRIENDS. BOY YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY COMMON SENSE DO YOU? :roll:

This is... reminding me of something... I wonder what...? :unsure:

THANK GOD Twilight was there to save the say from this idiot's stupidity AGAIN. :roll:

But... you know... we're just going to forgive her despite the MULTIPLE THINGS SHE DID WRONG YET AGAIN. :green:

This character is now on a very thin leash with me. If this happens ONE MORE TIME she's back to 'NOT REDEEMED' Character.

The only thing this episode seemed to prove is that Starlight Glimmer is a ****ING DUMBASS. :/

Told you not to read it...

:unsure:

All I can say is:  This episode proves that no matter what everyone who liked her said - Glimmer's 'redemption' never was.  Her motivation from the first time we saw her was "Keep friends at any cost."  She never, ever realized what she did wrong when she was casting mind-altering spells on ponies to force them to do what she wanted.

An abuser just keeps abusing.  And abusers also keep apologizing, then doing it again.  This is the pattern.  Abuser does something abusive, doesn't realize what was actually wrong, apologizes anyway, someone cleans up after their mess, a little time passes, and then suddenly they do it again, and it never occurs to them that this is the same as last time.  They think only of themselves, not of others, and even when you sit there explaining it to them, their response is, "Well, when you say it that way it sounds like I'm a horrible person.  But you're right, I'm horrible, I'm sorry."

And the worst thing you can do is clean up after them so they don't have to face the results of their own abuse.

The only way it could be more like she was an abuser that everyone's enabling was if there was alcohol and hangovers involv-

oh, wait.

Just for the record, this was the FOURTH TIME she's done this.

She uses a sob story to get people to feel sorry for her and 'forgive' her.  Fans of Glimmer kept telling me: "Oh, she realized what she did wrong?"  "Oh?  really?  When?  What scene?  Give me the time mark."  At which point they would content, "Oh, it's assumed... it happened off camera."  This proves it never happened off camera.  It never happened.  She is an abuser, plain and simple, and this is NOT forgiveness we're dealing with here.  You cannot forgive someone who doesn't realize what they did wrong.

Archived