Official Discussion Thread - S06E22 P.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View)

205756.png

Didn't know what to add, so here's Twilight being adorkable!

Another week and another episode with the ponies we all adore and love!  You know what Friendship Is Magic was missing?  Rashomon episode!  Well now it looks like after six seasons we have one!  Yay?  Well, in this instance we have three different ponies with three different interpretations of events, can the Princess of Dorkdom work out the clues to find out what really happened?  Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on October 1st!! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

It was ok. 

A little too much exposition and a really strange out of nowhere conclusion. The interactions among the ponies was ok, but not as riveting as some of the other episodes this season. Still liked the Rashoman references. 

My thoughts are below in spoilers. Nothing bad this time.

Spoiler

There's not much to say about this one. Still though, I at least enjoyed this one significantly more than the last one.  :unsure:

This was the seeming age-old problem of people have different points of view of something happening and whose at fault for them. Every time each story is different. This was also no different.

Each versions were interesting and unique in their own way. But each also had a somewhat OOC pony.

What was with 'pirate Applejack' in Rarity's version? That was creepy and funny all at the same time.  :blush:

The Rarity in Pinkie's version was quite the jerk. It made it seem like she felt she was 'above' Applejack and Pinkie. :roll:

The Applejack version of Pinkie was... kind of creepy honestly... :|

Twilight has come to save the day two episodes in a row now. Good for her. :)

A new monster/beast was introduced as well. It's always cool and interesting when they do that. :smirk:

The monster actually seemed quite pleasant. If that's really what it's like... I'd be friends with it. :D

Twilight always figuring out the truth. She's quite the mystery solver. :)

In the end there wasn't anything 'amazing' or 'outstanding' in this episode but it was still interesting, had it's moments, and I still enjoyed it.

:smirk:

I had to watch this one twice to appreciate it... I'm not a fan of repeating plot episodes really. However they did a good job of exemplifying various character qualities and traits. Who couldn't love crusty sea dog AJ?? 

Archived