Fantastic Façade's Travel Booth [Artisan's Alley]

Dubstep

Valen waved and smiled as Masquerade, seeing the great joy with which others approached this stallion's work. "Greetings good sir! I am just looking for something with a little flash, some pomp ad circumstance, yet very highly effective whatever they do.Mind if I take a look?" He said, getting to work.
The sheer amount of costumes that Masq seemed to have available was impressive! While Valen peered and pondered over some, Starlight herself was skimming through the boxes that the stallion opened up for her. There was a bit of everything truthfully, wizards and ghouls and even a miniature version of an Ursa Minor! Spooky. But it wasn't until Starlight reached what at first glance looked like a sailor girl's outfit that something really caught her eye.

Giving it a better look out of the crate she knew immediately that it was one of those magical filly outfits from those outlandish, but pretty entertaining, manga from Neighpon. "Oh, Valen! How about this one?" she asked, holding the costume up for her friend. Just like the most of the costumes that Masquerade had made, this one was a full body costume. "I bet this would look great!"
Valen didn't know what his eyes were feasting on more, the smaller, elegant pieces which were expertly crafted or the more extravagant, also expertly made ones. All he did know was that Masqeurade was a master craftspony of the highest caliber. He was reaching for a guardspony costume when Starlight appeared with a more...feminine piece.

It was one of those manga outfits, wasn't it? Costume mixed innocence, a but of sensuality, and high femininity all at once. He looked at it- it was quite cute, but there were plenty of ponies around. He was still shy. "Umm, good choice. But...umm, I was thinking this more...costume?" He asked awkwardly.

Luckily for the colt, Starlight was at least attempting to be discreet and not draw too much attention to the two of them. "Oh, well that's a good one too! But don't you think it's a little...I don't know. Bland for Nightmare Night? Isn't it the dressing up about eye catching costumes? I don't know about you but the guard costume seems a little...mundane. Pluuuus." she continued on, levitating the costume over to Valen. "Masquerade did say you'd get the skills of the costume. Aren't you kind of curious to see what it can do?"

"Oh absolutely, feel free to browse as much as you like!" Masquerade replied, opening up a couple of boxes as well as the two got to looking around. He was certain Nightmare Night would get his shop attention before, but now it was practically guaranteed that he'd have customers afterwards! At least he liked to think so anyway, who can say what fate may hold. For now though he was more than content to appreciate the appreciation. That was made his job worthwhile! Yes yes, bits are nice and well they keep food on the table and a roof over head, but the greatest feeling was when someone truly understood the hard work and effort he put into his costumes and got just as much joy wearing them as he gets making them.

The young colt – Valen if he heard correctly – and Starlight seemed to have everything well sorted out between them. Well, that is other than just what costume to rent. Stepping a bit closer the stallion spoke up "She is right, the guard costume is certainly a good choice and I won't particularly steer you away from it, Nightmare Night is all about being something you're not. So why not take it to the extreme now and again?" he said with a nod towards the magical filly outfit. "And I'll tell you what, if you find you just really don't like it, you can come back for the guard costume okay?"

Luminous Spark needn't have worried too much about Flying Brick's state as a costume.  True, it was a little disorienting at first to feel her limbs move at another's commands, but at the same time, the motion itself was comforting.  She had always been the most calm when in motion; a brainier pony would have said she was a kinesthetic thinker.  She herself, being less academically inclined, merely thought, *Ah, that is better, da?  Much is relieved by the using of the legs.*

Of course, walking could only do so much.  Brick knew full well what power was in her legs, and she was itching to show it off.  *No worries, tovaritch!  Now, open up and see what this baby can really do, as they say in south!*

Rabi nodded at her words, jotting down notes about how she felt. It would have been rather interesting to wear a costume of a mare, but being a costume itself seems like the most interesting choice here. 

While the mare went trotting off, he turned back around to see the filly in a dragon costume and two new arrivals being helped by Masq. He sighed slightly, moving back over to them and looking between them. 

"He could wear me." Rabi suggested as he heard them talking about the new stallion wearing some kind of female costume. 

Well, Valen wasnt going to fight the power that was an excellent aesthetic and support from some well to do ponies. And well, sometimes on this night you had to go the extra distance! So he made sure to go into a stall, and along the way passed a baby dragon who bounced out- why, that little dragon just had the most bounding sense of life about it. He entered the booth himself and put the costume on. It quickly and readily seemed to mold itself to his body, until very quickly it felt like he was the costume more than the costume was something he wore. After he took a few tentative steps out he took a breath and allowed himself to feel the curves and the form of this costume.

And for the benefit of others, he even did a twirl
The twirl that Valen did was enough to make the costume look, well...magical! But the glitter and sparkles of light that flicked off the hem of the skirt absolutely screamed Magical Filly. Masquerade really knew his stuff! Starlight gave an excited little clap. "See, it looks great! Plus, I don't think anyone would be able to guess it was you in there!"

Masquerade did have to chuckle to himself a little bit. So many colts and stallions out there, or even fillies and mares, were often so nervous about trying a costume on that was for the other side. That's what costumes were about though! Stepping out of your self and into a new one, so to speak.

Rabi's suggestion of being a costume for the colt seemed to have not been heard as the stallion came closer. At least not by Valen or Starlight anyway. "That's kind of you to offer, Rabi, but I guess the colt's friend was able to convince him ahah." he said with a small chuckle as Valen wandered into the dressing room just as Apple Bloom wandered out and bounded off on her merry way.

Once Valen returned from the changing room, he showed off the costume with a cute little twirl. "Fits you like a glove, friend!...Though that was never in doubt I suppose. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!"

Flying Brick seemed dismissive of Luminous Spark's concerns, not so much commenting on them as encouraging Spark for moving herself and by proxy Brick as well, around.  Spark supposed that was as good as she was going to get in that regard.  Pressing the issue seemed like it would be more annoying than useful.   And truth be told, she was having fun on her jog.  It wasn't her typical state, generally she was more relaxed at a private desk than running around outside, but she had to admit to seeing the simple joy in going for a run as a very fit pony.  Spark wasn't exactly lazy, but neither was she an athlete, and this was a joy she hadn't fully appreciated until now.

Flying Brick was enthusiastic about her body being used, and by now Spark was starting to enjoy herself as well.  She paused for a second, momentarily stunned by Flying Brick's choice for words.  It was a phrase she'd never heard before.  She recovered quickly enough though, and grinned.  “Alright, if you insist!”  She took a moment to walk back to the booth, and retrieve her staff from where she'd left it.  She called out “Thanks!” and waved to Masquerade, before adjusting the staff to a comfortable position on her back.  Then, she broke into a gallop and sped of into the night.

[Exit Luminous Spark, and I suppose by extension Flying Brick]

Archived