Official Discussion Thread - S06E24 Top Bolt

the_wonderbolts_by_ilona_the_sinister-da

Have what it takes to be an elite flyer!?

Another week and another episode with the ponies we all adore and love! After a decently long hiatus we return to the main theme of last season:  Solving Friendship Problems!   This time Dash and twilight are called by the cutie map to visit the Wonderbolt Academy to solve a shippingfriendship problem. :shock::|  (Trust me, you all about to see a new ship launch).  Well they be able to fix whatever problem is there between two friends among the clouds with a combination of awesomeness and nerdiness? Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on October 15th!! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

My thoughts are below in spoilers as always.

Spoiler

I don't think there's much I can say about this one. Not that it's a bad thing.

The running gag of Rainbow Dash having to go back to the Wonderbolt Headquarters was actually legitimately funny. To me anyway. :P

Twilight shows off her funny self once again when she gets excited about teaching.  :blush:

Now about the actual episode and the characters. I actually liked Vapor Trail. She was cute. Plus, I can kind of understood her dilemma about being an only child as I am an only child myself. I don't think my parents smothered me with love like Vapor's parents seemed to be doing, but there were certainly moments where they did spoil me at times. Did I take advantage of that? Maybe. Guess it comes with being an only child but I understood her dilemma nonetheless.

As for Sky I couldn't understand his dilemma, as, like I said, I was an only child and didn't have any siblings. He was way to cocky for his own good. His ego was way too high. Kind of made me not like him. :roll:

However Vapor wanting to help him was understandable I suppose. But she helped him too much. This lead to the obvious problem. Vapor just wanted to be with Sky. What is she, his shadow?  :unsure:

Well either way the episode where Sky and Vapor were trained by Twilight and Rainbow was actually pretty cool and I liked it. Because it showed that you can accomplish whatever you want if you put your mind to it and actually put the necessary work/training/whatever into it and give it your all. Work hard and you achieve results. I actually kind of liked that moral.

Not much else I can say. Looks like Vapor and Sky are on their way to possibly becoming Wonderbolts. Let's just hope they don't become better than Rainbow Dash for their sakes and Rainbow Dash's.  :blush:

Either way this was a pretty 'okay' episode and I enjoyed it.

Looks like the finale is next. Oh goodie.

IF YOU SCREW UP ONE MORE TIME STARLIGHT... YOU CAN BE REINTRODUCED TO BEING CALLED 'NOT REDEEMED' CHARACTER. :roll:

My thoughts below:

Spoiler

Ok, this episode was fun because of the usual 'Twilight Clueless Teacher' and 'Rainbow Dash over the top' routines!  Always fun to watch.  The overall plot was a bit weak, but the comedy level more than made up for it.  I'd call this an 'average' episode.

This was one of the more entertaining ones for sure. I agree with Mojo, though I think it was a bit above average and I couldn't find any major problems with it like I have for many of the last few. Plus that face Twilight makes when Vapor tells Sky that she was helping him as hilarious.

Also I'm pretty sure we can all take a guess where Sky and Vapor go sometime after the episode ends.

Archived