Stop in for a drink? (Ponyville, Open)

Blueblood

JyZDcz2.png

Get new drink, with new shiny purple straw. 

Good drink, much success.

"Thank," Raff say, and drink half cup in one gulp. Good juice! Very good juice. And very good Chunga, puff up happy at tired pony. Chunga like drawings - Raff too, good times with color pages and broken crayons. Not good as tired pony no, tired pony very fast with smelly inks, but Raff sit good and still for drawings. Raff show good stillness, get good rates, with the good apples and - and tired pony sleep again.

Too much sleep...or maybe not enough sleep? Raff no know.

But Raff have juice, so Raff no waste energy on thinking hard things. Instead waste energy on pony suddenly behind Raff! 

Pale pony with no color except in eyes, hiding behind Raff like game. Except no look like playing game, look scared. Why? Raff sip more juice from sippy straw, stool start slowly turning 'round with him on it...still in front of pale lizard looking pony though. "Kay," Raff decide, try best not move...even if stool keep rotating. That okay, Raff no move himself! Still, have to move when pale lizard pony compliment Chunga, because Chunga shy. "Chunga thank," Raff translate for Chunga, because Chunga shy. Again.

Silly Chunga be shy, not brave and fierce like Diamond Dog!

...Diamond Dog hide behind Chunga as more pony enter, smell of...of...mint? Nice smell, but strange smell. Not smell good as juice, and Raff sip more juice as tail wag against counter. Tail happy because of juice, many thanks to juice pony.

Still smiling at how adorable Raff looked, sitting real still for his picture while drinking through his sippy straw, Berry turned to face the new customer.  She had to laugh at the local dentist's reaction.  "Aw Sunrise, you think Applejack of all ponies is gonna look down on you for showing up in your work clothes?"  There wasn't really a tradition of formality in Ponyville, Rarity's efforts aside.  And that was how the burgundy mare liked it!  After all, if she was big on the formal scene, she would have stayed in Canterlot!

Didn't stop some ponies from having anxiety about that sort of thing, though, and the local dentist was apparently one of them.  Well, no matter, Berry could get that sorted in a jiffy!  "It's a bit crowded now, but there's still space at the counter.  Can I get ya anything?"

• 2 weeks later...

5HbB79Q.png

Hanari Rua, eh? That was certainly a neighponese name if she ever heard one. And she had heard one. Just now, hehe. It had made her banish any thoughts she may have been harboring that the mare was just a very excited cosplayer. That accent sure wasn't Equestrian. Very exciting times- she didn't see the natives of Neighpon very often, even in pictures. Long Guo sure, but not Neighon, even though it was closer. She was sure that there was likely some good reason she could ask Twi about but for now she'd banish any great sense of curiosity and get along with it. "Happy ta meet ya, Hanari. Welcome ta Ponyville! Just visitn' or are ya here on some sorta business?" She asked, her concern playing in the edges of her words. She didn't want to press the visitor none but she did want to learn what exactly drove her here and in such a state. Had to be something of interest, right?

This Siverglade fella though, he was a particularly interesting fella. He was very concerned about the world's foremost artist of tuxedo wearing stallions and her well being, who in turn made everyone excited by getting up and then going right back down. Also was worried about Hanari, who was probably just a haggard little Kirin when all was said and done. Nothing to get too excited on either account but it showed that while he seemed to be a bit aloof, his heart was golden in the ways that mattered. "She'll be fine, sugarcube. She ain't sick or nothin'. Now sit yer flank down and have yerself a drink! Ah haven't seen somedeer from tha Velvet Strand in a long while. How's it going up thar?" She asked, always intrigued by the happenings in places she often didn't get to see.

The crowd continued to grow. The dentist came in from what looked like a good day at work and Applejack waved at her. The crowd was active too- Raff, somepony with the heavy scent of smoke (not her favorite), a heavier crowd starting to set in. Applejack shot Berry a look. "Well, looks like somepony is popular today. Ah gotta get going soon- a round of apple juice for all the new arrivals, courtesy of Applejack- tell'm, welcome ta Ponyville!"

"You are both too kind, that you are." Hoof met hoof and was followed by a shake, "It is nice to meet you, Applejack. You as well, winged cervine. My name is Hanari Rua... and I am not emaciated. Just... tired is all. That I am."

"Ah, I see. I can tell that you must have traveled far to be tired, that or lack of sleep. And yes, I am a winger cervine, or more specifically what is called a Peryton. I assume you haven't seen any of my kind just as I haven't seen your kind. We as Peryton do tend to remain near the Velvet Strand although some do travel."

Silverglade noticed that Rua was not keen on having the drawing taken of her., opting to position herself behind thee large dog.

"Do not be ashamed of how you look. After all, this is not meant to be some formal portrait, just for leisure."

Silver was interested in seeing how this portrait would turn out, but just as soon as she got started, Bunny once again fell asleep, this time into the picture itself! The Peryton looked in horror at the sleeping Pegasus, wondering how embarrassed she will feel ruining her picture. He wondered how she could accomplish anything if she fell asleep after just a few minutes. His thoughts, however, turned to the owner of the shop.

"So, Silverglade, was it?  Can't say I've sampled your wares yet; were ya thinking of branching out in distribution?"

"Ah, well that is understandable. My wines and juices typically remain within the Velvet Strand and into the... resort spas."

He paused as if choking on the words of the phrase "resort spas." While without them the Peryton wouldn't make ends meet, he didn't like the fact that these spas were infringing upon the natural beauty of the Great Nimbusgait Lakes. To him those that frequented the spas were known to be from the city and knew nothing about wild untamed beauty besides it being "pretty." Still there was hope that the visitors could learn about nature beyond the hot springs, massage parlors, and beauty salons. 

"As to your question Berry Punch, yes, I believe that I can now expand my business beyond the borders of the lakes. Perhaps not larger places such as Canterlot or Manehattan, but maybe someplace smaller like here. I have brought with me a sample of my "Wares" as you say in my bag, namely one of my white wines, if you're interested in trying it. I also brought a sample of the water from the Velvet Strand which I must say is the secret to all drinks." 

"Ah haven't seen somedeer from tha Velvet Strand in a long while. How's it going up thar?" 

"Yes, well, many keep to the area around the lakes. As to how things are, thing are as they should be: quiet, peaceful, and  serene." 

Roach couldn't help but glance about the room awkwardly. He wasn't used to being surrounded by suck a large number of ponies. It was understandable how well he could handle it when he was a colt, given the size of his family, but after having moved out, crowds tended to make him uncomfortable.

He took a breath to calm himself. No need to have a small freakout in front of all of these nice ponies.

"I need a smoke..." He muttered to himself. He resisted though, despite how strong the urge to go out and have a cigarette was.

He turned his attention back to Berry Punch. "Yes, I'm new. I heard one of my brothers was somewhere near here. It's been a while since I've seen any of them, so I figured I'd surprise 'em." He explained, "You wouldn't have happened to see him, would you; Tall, white fur, candy red mane, lollipop cutie mark? It's hard to miss him."

Archived