The Tale of Two Brothers

BassClef

Its been so long since I have had a good idea for an rp, but looking back on some of my old stuff, I think Ill bring back an rp I have been itching to do an RP in the world of The Elder Scrolls, where a new race of mortals, known as Equestrians, are just discovered. They are a quiet people, not wanting to leave their home in the side of The Throat of The World, fearing anyone who would enter. This is the tale of two friends, who consider each other brothers, having to find a new home, after a series of strange events that cause the Equestrians to leave. Heres a little bit (the starter, actually) of the RP, just to give you an idea.

The cave of Equestia. A vast and deep cavern in the side of the great mountain known as The Throat of The World. The secluded sanctum was like it's own little world. What with the river running through tufts of vegetation that is suited to such a life spreading across for its inhabitants to enjoy. Said inhabitants often living in small clusters of villages. A peaceful sort of place untouched by the world above. 

There was already talk among the villagers. Murder in their fair town? Preposterous! Blasphemous, even! Though it happened 2 years ago, it was still the main topic of discussion in the whole cave. The parents of a Masquerade Quasoia, were found with slashed throats in the morning of mundas. The poor boy was devastated.

Masquerade became an odd boy after that. Having moved on after two years, moving in with his grandfather at the hall of the dead. He was quicker to be angered than he usually was. Threatening to kill bullies and such, whom always would over power the short boy easily, making him even angrier. It happened every morning.

This morning was no different... Masquerade was being held down by two colts as one named Blackbird Vicici punched away at the poor Masquerade's face and stomach. Whom cursed their family names.

I wanna do this with someone who can type at least two good paragraphs of text, with good English skills.

Goodbye, and I hope you will do this with me!

• 2 weeks later...

Fizzle Spark was an enthusiastic Equestrian of Unicorn descent. As such, he was of course gifted in the magical arts, and enjoyed learning it and experimenting with it. However, most Unicorns were expected to learn and master the restoration domain, a school that was just too narrow for Fizzle. He quickly mastered the basic healing spells, but soon found himself much more skilled in destruction magic, much to the dismay of the others. To them, destruction magic was nothing but destructive force, and that only trouble would come of it.

Though Fizzle saw more. He saw beauty in lightning, life in flame, and purpose in ice. But, he quickly learned just how dangerous destruction magic could be when stray flames from one of his practice sessions lit bushes on fire and began burning down the nearby forests. Only thanks to the quick thinking of the other Unicorns was disaster avoided. Because of that, Fizzle gained a reputation of having bad luck, and causing nothing but trouble for those nearest him. As you can imagine, this made making friends (a core part of Equestrian social structure) very difficult.

On this particular morning Fizzle had decided to take the long way to his now scorched practice ground. As he rounded a corner, he noticed a colt being pinned by two others while being beaten by a third. He thought he recognized him, but even so violence was very frowned upon! Knowing he had to diffuse the situation, Fizzle called upon his ice magic and froze the ground beneath the colt throwing the blows. Surely, that would cause him to slip, and he'd leave Masquerade alone. At least, that was his plan.....

((OOC: Well, I got most of my character creating done, at least. Sorry for the wait :) ))

(Oh, its all fine! At least you got back with me!)

These colts were the trouble makers here in the caves. They did anything they wanted, mostly because the adults didnt want to deal with them, having more important things to do. They acted like they owned this particular area, even going as far as to calling their little group "The Equestrian Terrors". Yeah, real tough sounding. But, all and all, they were all just noise... it was only when Masquerade came along, that they would get violent. See, Masquerade took zero crap from these guys, often calling them milk drinkers, and that they had no right even living! Needless to say, Masquerade would always come home with a fat busted lip, and black eye. 

As soon as Fizzle's spell reached Blackbird's feet, the older colt slipped, mid swing, causing him to hit one of his friends off of the poor "priest"-in-training (can you even call him a priest, with how he acts?). As soon as his arm, more importantly, his fist, was freed, he swung a punch straight into the other colt's face with such force, knocking him out, there.

Blackbird was furious, looking around and spotting Fizzle, standing there. He pounded his fist into the ground and threw himself up, starting to run toward him, as Masquerade went on to attack the other one of Bird's friends. "Shoulda stayed outa this, magic twerp!" he called, preparing to fight.

Fizzle froze. He hadn't been prepared for his spell to make him even angrier, let alone him turning his anger on Fizzle. What should he do? Any one of his spells could seriously hurt if he hit the pony directly. Panicking, her ran around the corner of the nearest building, spraying down more ice behind him as he did. Once around the corner, he frantically started looking around for others and calling for help.

He was afraid. If no one came, if no one heard him, he'd have to defend himself. He didn't want to hurt anypony, but if it came down to it, he knew he'd have to. He prepared lightning magic in each hand. If he had to fight, the least he could do would be to try and incapacitate him. Turning to face the corner he came from, Fizzle readied himself to confront the bully.

The ice he would lay down did what they were intended to do, make the angry colt slip, and fall. But, this would in turn make him even angrier! Once Fizzle went around the corner, he would find a dead end, nowhere else to go, and nothing else to do but fight his way out of this mess he'd gotten into. Maybe if he would have just walked away, instead of trying to help that kid, Fizzle wouldn't be here.

Foot steps came running toward the corner, and sure enough, Blackbird Vicici, came running over to find poor Fizzle trapped. He stopped just ten feet away from him, grinning slyly, and cracking his knuckles. "Well well well... Looks like the great magical wizard has gotten himself in a bad spot!" He chuckled. "Well... Lets make this qui-" He stopped as he heard somepony, an adult, call out to him. It sounded like an earth pony (They sound like nords). "Hey! Whats going on down there!?" He asked. "Wait... I know you... You're the Vicici's boy... You better get out of my yard, before I call the guards!"

The bully, now shaking in his boots, nodded and sprinted away, most likely to gather his palls and scram. But, more foot steps came from around the corner, along with the same adult voice. "You did good, helping that colt." He would say... But... the pony who came around didnt look like an adult. He wore yellow priest robes, with a hood covering his head. It was that same colt from before! He was badly beaten, but sill, he smiled and spoke... With that adult voice. "Like the trick?" He cleared his voice and spoke, now with a normal voice for a 10 year old. "I can mimic any voice I want... Thats how I got my name..."

This was it. Fizzle was trapped, with no way out. Could he bring himself to actually hurt this colt? He didn't want to get hurt himself, but he supposed if he really had to..... He closed his eyes and was prepared to unleash his magic when he heard a gruff voice yelling at them, telling them to get out of their yard. He opened his eyes and saw his pursuer running, and was about to run himself before he was trapped yet again.

He knew he couldn't fight an adult and get away with it, but to his relief it turned out to be somepony completely different! "That's, well, amazing!" Fizzle exclaimed. He'd been slightly worried before, but now that he knew he wasn't trespassing he certainly felt better. Much better, in fact, at the prospect of new magic. "What kind of spell is that? Could you teach it to me? Just how hard is it?" Then, he realized he had a much more important question that needed to be answered. "Oh, what is your name, anyway? Mine's Fizzle. Fizzle Spark!"

Archived