Official Discussion Thread - S07E05 Fluttershy Leans In

gdTpzLN.png?1

Fluttershy tries to stand up for her ideas in order to realize her dream of building an animal sanctuary. The episode aired Saturday 11:30 AM EST on May 6th!!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk.

Ok, I will LEAN IN first to give an opinion.

First, the positives:

LOVED seeking Fluttershy's growth as a character, this really shines in this episode!

And who doesn't love all of those adorable critters (and Angel being 'Angel')!

Nice to see all the array of characters who helped out in the latter part of the episode (but why no Derpy?)

Now, the negatives:

Lack of humor.  Not much here to make me laugh. 

Not very compelling.  Very weak moral/friendship lesson here. 

Overall, I'd call this episode about 'middle of the road', not great, not a disaster, somewhere in between.

Think the writers could've 'spiced' the plot up a little, or even had one of those great songs to help prop this episode up.

Hope next week's offering is better.

After the very good A++ episode, this one was rather meh for me. There were a couple of cute bits at the start.

Spoiler

And we got an giraffe....They gave her hooves..and big, expressive pony eyes, but somehow she was an 'animal'

y5GiMy3.jpg

I'm hoping she simply came from an country outside of Equestria and did not speak the language.

And these guys who were supposed to  experts in their fields of work...they kind of stink at their jobs. When a client says 'DO THIS' you do 'this' or you don't get paid.

I've been trying to avoid the new episodes that have been popping up north..but from what I've seen..They're supposed to be pretty good...* crosses fingers *

This was another episode that displays the current protagonists are running out of steam and need replacing if the show is going to continue being mostly episodic. The conflicts need to be external for them to have any problems. Fluttershy solves the problem fairly early in the episode and even before, there wasn't much there. Here's to hoping Starlight and a few others overtake the show, as a new direction is needed. I doubt it'll happen and given the audience, that's honestly fine. The above is more a pipe dream I have for the show.

On 5/9/2017 at 11:49 PM, tacobob said:

Hide contents

And we got an giraffe....They gave her hooves..and big, expressive pony eyes, but somehow she was an 'animal'

This immediately came to mind when reading that. The big eyes goes along with the adorable factor of the show. I don't think eyes determine intelligence. I see what you're saying though.

9c57318c60f9986f1154d708b17e48e5.png

She was also shown to rather embarrassed or distressed by certain things 'regular' animals would not even notice.

YfXwxNs.png

The show has been inserting important characters into the background in early episodes during the last two seasons (?)..Only to pop up towards the later shows..I wonder if she's from a country outside of Equestria...She somehow ended up in Ponyville....Shipwreck? Magic? She either does not know the local language...or was too traumatized by the whole experience that she just sort of meandered about, eventually finding the others. Once she gets her mind straight, she will find a way to communicate with the others. And she comes with a warning. DOOM HAS FOLLOWED HER TO EQUESTRIA

Or Hasbro wanted to make a cute giraffe figure, so they made sure to have one on the show. :smug:

Archived