(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

Triton stood up clearly lost in his mind. “I appreciate your confidence in my skill set. I will do my very best to see this dream come to fruition despite how unpopular it may be with some of my comrades. After all this will change the world as we know it. That is, if we win this war.” Triton bowed with respect and nodded to Shade once again before exiting the tent turning in for the night drifting into his thoughts.

Apollo chuckled to himself, the sight of a batkin interacting so casually with equestrian soldiers gave him hope for the future. “Let’s go Noctis, it’s time to check in with the rest of Shadows followers.”

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“You’re being very comfortable with them.” Oakly’s voice sounded before he stepped out in front of Triton, his face wearing a grim curiosity.

Noctis dipped his head, “Yes Master.” He gave the two Guards handshakes then followed behind Apollo obediently. The Batkin followers of Shadow were removed entirely from the War frontier, hidden from the world until it was safe for them to re-emerge. Hidden, in a Garden of Shadows.

Triton studied Oakly trying to read his emotions before giving up. He had always excelled in anything with the mind. The heart was coming slowly. Arial had been trying to help him connect more since joining up with the dragons. “Look at it this way. It’s an even battlefield now. This group could have wiped us out at any moment since arriving. They are masters with their traits. We just received ours. Anything we can learn from them will only help us. The enemy will be rattled by this betrayal. If we appear united, it will only help us more.” Triton replied cooly showing no intention of hiding anything. He respected the warrior and admired him for voicing concerns. 

Oakly sighed, “Kasey said the same, just not as intelligently. Let me ask you something then, Do you think you could ever hope to face Shade, and Win?” He asked looking at Triton with an intense stare, like he was searching for hope. He’d noticed Shade and Tritons interactions, and heard the gossip. This reminded him of Caesar, and He feared for Kasey and Himself, to be a target of such a Monster.

At the Black Fort, Black Star approached Maelstrom with a vial of green and purple liquid, “I have something for you to Witness, My Lord, something more to help turn the tide.” He announced slyly, his eyes bloodshot red and wild, yet he still kept his usual pompous composure.

Triton looked on calmly. “Not yet, but after learning from them the differential will only grow smaller. To be perfectly honest though Shade is completely different opponent then any other I have faced. It’s a battle of the minds, one illogical mis step would lose that battle. One thing I will not do is be the one to change his mind about joining us.” Triton replied honestly. The back of his mind shot him a warning as if he was being watched before the feeling passed. He shrugged it off excusing it as exhaustion.

Oakly narrowed his eyes, then turned around, “Fair enough, guess we should get some sleep, and greet tomorrow with rested minds.” He said monotonously as he stepped off, heading back towards their tent. Across the clearing of the Camp, Trax watched with a raised eyebrow, before continuing back to his business.

• 3 weeks later...

Maelstrom raised an eye brow as he examined the vial in Black Star's hand. Maelstrom felt a sense of unease as he looked into Black Star's wild gaze. His use of Black Magic is pushing him away from sanity. He narrowed his eyes at Black Star "you have my attention, please show what you have in that vial of yours and possibly explain it's purpose, and this better be what you say it is.

Killjoy broke the treeline resting on a hill the over looked the entire city of Canterlot. Killjoy looked at the front gate of the city and noticed a figure walking out of the gate. Killjoy knelt down and took a spyglass out of her bag and looked through. Her eyes widen as she saw one of the Silent Fang members walking beside Apollo. What surprised her the most was that the guards acted friendly towards the Silent Fang. "What the he11 is this?" She muttered to herself. As she collapsed the the spyglass and tucked it back into her bag. She stood back up and began rocketing towards the city without being spotted by the guards.

Luna sat in her room still reading through field reports, all of which, were the same. No progress or losses, just a massive stalemate. Luna quickly jumped as she heard feet hit the floor. She looked at her window to find Killjoy standing there. "Red what on earth are you doing? There is a door." She said in surprise. Killjoy tilted her head in confusion "what do mean, there are Silent Fang coming in and out of the city. Are we not under occupation?" She asked. Luna sighed and rubbed her forehead "no we are not under occupation...that Silent Fang member is a defector, a long with a few others and a number of Bat kin" She answered. Killjoy raised an eyebrow "so...the Bat kin decided to join us...?" She asked still not understanding. Luna nodded "that is correct. I know it's quite a surprise, but please be calm when I say some of the top Silent Fang are here." She said with a nervous smile. Killjoy grit her teeth and was about to speak but Luna interrupted "but not that one!... you dont have to worry." Luna quickly exclaimed. Killjoy took a deep breathe "and you trust them?" She asked. Luna nodded "I do." She replied. Killjoy nodded "very well. If you trust them, I have all my faith in your judgement. My blade is sheathed until given reason otherwise." She said. Luna smiled "good."

Black Star dipped his head and beckoned a Soldier forward. Using his magic, Black Star binded the Soldier down, before forcing him to ingest the vial in a few gulps. Instantly the Soldier yelled out in agony, the veins in his skin turned green and his eyes became ablazed with purple flames. Black Star stepped back in admiration, “With this, they are stronger, faster, and...” He paused as the Soldier broke the bindings and let out a beastly roar, then glared at Maelstrom, instantly he dropped to a knee to bow down. “Completely obedient. They will not flee from a fight, they will die for you, and complete any task you give them without hesitation. With the Green Golems and new powerful Soldiers, you will find more victories upon the battlefield.” Black Star explained as he bowed at the waist. The Batkin Soldier was now a few feet taller with an increased muscle mass, his veins still glowed green under his skin, and a light purple flame came from both eyes. The other Silent Fang were a little intrigued by the idea, Chandler barely seemed to show any interest in it, only in seeing how this would play out. Ally snored slightly, she was fast asleep on her couch just a few yards behind Maelstrom’s throne.

A few hours later, Noctis and Apollo arrived at the north western border, approaching a thick entanglement of large thorny black vines. Before they could enter, several Batkin dressed in mottled grey cloaks appeared around them. Another figure walked out from the vines, “Greetings Master Apollo, and Noctis, Lord Shadow mentioned you’d be stopping by.” Echo said casually as the Batkin stood to attention.

Echo dipped her head, “As much as we can.” She replied before turning to lead the way deeper into the thorny vine forest, “We have a few wounded from defending against a few wildlife threats, but they won’t be back. Our food supply is small but will last us another year, however we will need to find an alternative to human blood, I doubt that will keep us peaceful in the eyes of our allies.” She reported as they entered through a thicket of brambles. It opened up on the otherside, into a large cavern under the vines, lit up by natural light from glowing flowers on the ceiling. Spread throughout the cavern were black tents, the Batkin pausing as the newcomers walked in, with all eyes on Apollo and Noctis. 

“I’ve found that feeding on carnivorous predators is a nice substitute, it’s never the same but it appeases the need.” Apollo replied while flicking his tail giving polite nods to some of the gawking batkin. “I’ve just come from the Princesses. They are aware of our situation and tentatively have accepted our alliance under certain terms. “An alternative way of feeding should be your first goal, that should help eliminate a lot of tension. Also, try and pick up on some human mannerisms, makes them a little less on edge when you are around them. Noctis can help with that he’s been learning the same things.” Apollo added absent mindedly as he walked inspecting the camp.

Maelstrom lifted his head and examined the transformed soldier. "I can honestly say I am impressed by the physical improvement, but a soldier without a mind is impaired with lack of reason and logic. What is the point of winning if none of them can witness their glory with their own eyes. Especially the soldiers that have faith in me as their ruler, I would be betraying them if I took away their freedom." He explained calmly. As he glanced at Black Star "I think it goes without saying, refine your concoction, I expect the same physical prowess, but their minds left alone. Is that clear?"

Black felt a smack in the face, ‘I should have known this! Of course! Idiot!’ He thought to himself inpatiently while he dipped his head obediently, “Yes My Lord, of course.” He then snapped to his created Soldier and left the throne room with the brute in tow. Chandler smirked with curiosity, a hand stroking his white beard.

Echo nodded, “We will look into this Master. All in all everyone is still a little on edge, however we are all grateful to be making our own choices now.” She stated as she followed the Cat from behind.

• 2 weeks later...

“Well I think the princesses will be thrilled with how well you all are acclimating, I will be delivering a full report to them and Lord Shadow. He especially will be pleased. Good work Echo, you were the right choice to get this group started.” Apollo said commendedly with a flick of his tail. “Noctis my friend, I believe it’s time we return to Lord Shadow.”

Echo dipped her head in thanks, leaving the two to head out. The Followers of Shadow were making a home of what they could, a more permanent solution would be established after the War, win or lose.

The next morning brought a warming sun, heating up last nights cool brisk. The Equestrian HQ was busy with the daily routines, all battlefronts checked in and accounted for, their supply and reinforcement request being filed out. Many letters and scrolls came in that morning, with Colonel Trax reviewing them in the Command Tent. The Canterlot Military Academy and Training Schools wanted to rush their troops through, but Trax made a hard stop, urging them to keep to their usual schedule. Assisting this, Celestia backed his say, even going as far as recommending him for Promotion to the fabled rank of Field Grade General. With this rank not being used since the last War against the Batkin, the Military Leadership settled with the agreeance of General, and going through the proper channels for Military promotion. Trax sighed, "Military Politics bore me too much, I barely got to see action as a Colonel, General will surely put me on the backline." 

In front of the Batkin's tent, Ragnorak and Seven got a fire going and were heating up a red stew, with a large pot set aside and filled with red meat from a bear they had just killed. Oakly and Kasey sat outside their tent just a dozen feet away, each was cleaning their weapons, something their father had drilled into them from a young age.

((Sorry for the delay...again, I know it's probably annoying by now))

Killjoy's shut eyes winced as the brightness of the sun came through the window and placed its light upon her face. Slowly, Killjoy's eyes opened, using her hand like a shield from the blinding orb of fire in the sky. After a few moments, her eyes became adjusted to the morning rays. She slowly sat up rubbing her eyes before glancing to her side to see Luna still asleep. Killjoy yawned as she tossed the blanket aside. As with every morning, it was no surprise to say a mess was an understatement for Killjoy's hair. Killjoy stood up, her pale skin almost seemed to glow in the sun's rays. Killjoy looked back as she heard the sound of sheets rustling and tired moans. Luna slowly sat up "ugh, up already?" She asked with a yawn. Killjoy nodded "well yes, I am a soldier...so I have a soldier's sleep schedule." She replied with a smirk. Luna shoved her face into her pillow "then remind me to change the schedules." She said as the pillow muffled her voice. Killjoy chuckled "I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea, that would throw everyone out of routine." She explained. "I don't care." She huffed, face still pressed into her pillow. Killjoy sighed "stop being a lazy body, even princesses have to be up and ready this early." She said yanking away the covers as Luna's bare body quickly curled up and she let out a small squeal. "Not too fast, I have a system, my body has to adjust!" She complained. Killjoy laughed "not happening, now come on before I drag you by your feet." Luna quickly shot up "you wouldn't...!" She exclaimed. Killjoy gave Luna a sly grin. Luna saw that her Hopes for a bluff were destroyed. "Ok! I'll get up, I'll get up." She said with a deep sigh as she twisted her body to the side of the bed. She rested her feet onto the floor as she winced "cold..." she muttered. Finally, Luna slowly stood up, but her posture was as if she was the undead. Killjoy raised an eyebrow "aren't you being a little dramatic here." She said with a laugh. Luna groaned "kill me..." she said as she shuffled her feet to her wardrobe. She opened up the wardrobe and took out her usual attire. Each piece of clothing seemed more like a chore as she slowly got dressed. "Are you happy now?" Luna groaned shortly before yawning. Killjoy smirked "not quite, we still have to make it outside." She answered as she put on the last piece of her armor. She strapped her katana to her hip "you ready to head out?" She asked. Luna slowly moved her exhausted gaze at Killjoy "no..." she answered. Killjoy laughed "good, let's go." A few minutes have passed, before Killjoy and Luna were heading out of the castle's gates and into the city. Killjoy glanced over at Luna who has seemed to be a little more awake now. "Oh, Luna I almost forgot, I have a question." She said. Luna raised an eyebrow "what is it?" She replied. "Well while I was in that tomb, I found the first of my bloodline, the alicorn, of course she was dead, but her body was strangely still perfect. Her body was still warm to the touch even...you'd think she was sleeping, yet there was no pulse. So I suppose my question would be....do alicorn not decompose like normal humans do?" She asked. Luna was puzzled "we have longer life spans and all, but we still act the same as everyone else when we die. So it's quite odd for someone to supposedly be dead for hundreds of thousands of years, and still be in that perfect condition. Well I mean...from what I've read, she is...well was extraordinarily powerful, as I said before, me and my sister combined could only hold up to a fraction of her power. Maybe even nature can't overcome her will, even in death." She paused "but it's only my theory." She explained. Killjoy thought for a moment "that could be the case, too bad there isn't more about her. I wonder why there is so little known of her, yet she defeated a God like darkness, saving the world...you'd think there's be tales and songs about her." She said scratching her head. Luna nodded in agreement "it is rather odd, but it's just the way it is I guess. Only way to find out more is to bring her back from the dead...which of course is impossible...at least impossible with the magic we have." She explained. Killjoy nodded "oh well, guess we will never know."

More time has passed as Killjoy and Luna made it to the camps. They quickly made their way to the command tent, upon entry, they saw General Trax. Luna smiled "I must give my congratulations on the new promotion, it's been quite some time since we've had a field general, and I can honestly say it's quite fitting, given that the one before you was...well you." She said with a chuckle. Killjoy gave Trax a nod "now all they gotta do is let me take the rank of Colonel huh?" She said with a smirk. Luna sighed "rude..."

(( you good bro, glad to see your still on board, don’t forget about the movie rp))

Trax chuckled, “For that I am still under review, so for now the rank of General will be just fine, honestly it just makes feel old.” He replied humbly, “Not to worry Captain, I’ve already put in promotion requests for everyone.” He added reassuringly. Entering in behind Killjoy and Luna, Shadow and Shade stopped and dipped their heads simultaneously, “You’re Grace, tis an honor to stand before you, even greater to fight for the peace of both our people.” Shadow spoke diligently, raising his head up to look at Luna. Shade also dipped his head to Trax, Killjoy, and Triton respectively, “General, Captain, Lieutenant.” To Shade’s customs, only Royalty should address Royalty, therefore it was his responsibility to address the others who would be his equals in such regard.

• 4 weeks later...

Killjoy glanced at Shadow and Shade, but didn't give them any sort of acknowledgement. Her hand now resting on the hilt of her sword. The fact that she had to stand next to the one that killed two of her men back at the outpost, appalled her greatly to the point it almost made her sick. 

Luna noticed Killjoy's body language, but couldn't find any reason to scold her, she knew what Killjoy felt was indeed justified, it's hard to forgive. Luna cleared her throat and put on her formal smile "indeed Shadow, the honor is all mine...our allience will bring out a whole new era, humans and batkin living in peace and harmony, as equals."

Triton simply nodded respectfully back, trying not to draw too much attention to himself in this moment. It was not his place and even though he had been given some command, he hadn’t been with the equestrian army even close to as long as his superiors. He would stick to advising in the war room and not as much with the politics. His logical standpoint was void of emotional ties to the past and it wouldn’t be as well received by his own companions. He intended to follow his superiors lead.

Shadow raised an eyebrow, noticing the hesitation in her voice, “I am happy you agree, it is good to have you’re blessing.” He dipped his head slightly to her, his eyes then went to Trax, “As requested Seven will head out with Kasey and Flint to the northern battlefields, and Ragnorak with Jag and Oakly to the southern battlefields. Shade and I will head to the center, accompanied by yourself, Triton, and Captain Killjoy.” He reported soundly. Trax nodded his thank, “Thank you Lord Shadow, appreciate the assistance.” Shadow nodded and took his leave with Shade following close behind. Trax turned to Luna, “If they wanted to kill us, they’d have done it already. I imagine Shade alone could vaporize this whole camp with ease. Of course their Sins against us have not been excused or forgotten, but their help against the Vampire Legion will be a great asset. Also they will help us in learning our Traits, and how to train into them.” He explained confidently.

• 2 weeks later...

Luna shook her head "it's not that General Trax, it's not whether or not they can be trusted, it is indeed their crimes. Using the dead is one of the highest war crimes that could be committed, let alone the very use of black magic. How do you think we will look to our people for ignoring such horrible actions taken against us and turning around and allying with the very ones who have committed said atrocities? I'm well aware of the advantages they bring us and knowledge they can provide, but everything we are doing is both politically and morally wrong in every sense, and I'm aware that we are left with too little choices to make...I...We have betrayed the very people who wish for justice." She explained in a mellow tone. "How can we look the people we protect in the eye and justify our actions?"

Trax sat back in his chair, processing what he should have during his debriefings of the Batkin, he thought too logically on the whole matter. Not taking into account the depth of Shade’s past actions. Now Trax thought of something else, to date, Shade is the only one to have committed an actual War Crime. “I see your point, and it’s one that requires thought, let alone action. You’re Grace,” Trax stood up from his chair, at attention to his Queen, “What would you have us do?”

Black Star approached the throne again, this time he two volunteers from their army to drink his new serum of Black Magic, one which took him all night to perfect. “My Lord, I have two Soldiers who will test this new concoction. Just as you said, same strength but their minds left alone, just as you asked, My Lord.” He explained excitedly, his eyes were wide and blood shot, tinted slightly green from his excessive use of Black Magic. Any time he wasn’t working on his serum, he was making Golems, and recently experimenting with Skeletons to use as reanimated Soldiers. The past years battles have been more than enough to collect on. The two soldiers bowed to Maelstrom, “It would be our honor Sir!” They spoke together. Chandler sat patiently on the side, watching the events. Ally yawned from behind Maelstrom, lazily sleep on her usual couch. The other Silent Fang that remained loyal; Dark Shade, Demi Tyne, Godbrand, and Charity, all sat in chairs around the stairs leading up to Maelstroms throne. Arranged in order of strongest to weakest, an empty one for Fear was to Maelstroms left, who never really used it. On the right was supposedly Caesar's, should he return, below that was Black Star’s.

• 3 weeks later...

Luna thought for a moment "we already stepped a cross the line, all we can do now to keep the peace is to degrade ourselves by dwelling in secrecy. We let absolutely no one know about this allience. Me and my Sister will just have to deal with the repercussions of our actions once this war is over. The people will demand justice...and at that point." Luna's face became serious "we can NOT deny them what they overwhelmingly deserve." She stared directly into Trax's eyes "be prepared to fulfill their wish, even if it comes to an execution to someone you might later call a brother or sister." She said with great authority.

Maelstom observed the refined version of Black Star's concoction, it was exactly what he asked for. "Very good Black Star, I am impressed with this new form. How long will it take to present this to all our forces?"

“I understand, Your Grace.” Trax dipped his head in respect, “When the time comes, those who have been wronged, will receive Justice.” He then stepped aside to push in his chair, “Let’s go Triton, we don’t want to be late to the battlefield. I doubt Shadow and Shade will leave much for us.” He said jokingly as he grabbed his coat and sword on the way out, stopping to look back at Killjoy, “Hope you found what you were looking for, even with our new allies, we may still need our Ace up the sleeve.” He said slyly before ducking outside.

Black Star’s bloodshot eyes shined with pride, finally he had been praised for his work, maybe he could sleep tonight for the first time in months. “Yes My Lord, Thank you My Lord. I can have half our forces supplied within a few months, I estimate being at full strength in half a year-“

”Make the process a year.” Chandler cut in stroking his beard, “Too quick and our Enemy may ruin our plans. We can’t forget that Shade is a gifted Necromancer and Black Magic Artist, his interference could prove troubling. We’ll slowly integrate the Golems and Skeletons you’ve been creating, and pull out Soldiers to go through the process. Train them to their new strengths.” He proposed logically. Black Star felt anger rise in him, but his overuse of Black Magic left him weary and drained, he feared he couldn’t even beat Chandler in a one on one fight. Still, he saw the reason in Chandler’s argument, as much as he hated to admit. Ally scoffed from behind Maelstrom, “The bearded worm has a point, interestingly enough.”