Bug, Seeking New Nest [Semi-open, see OOC]

DerpRavener

Ponyville.  The time Naj had spent away from the place made her come to miss it.  Though, she hadn't felt that wistful on previous visits, so maybe it was as much the circumstances as it was the joy of a return.  This was the first time in what felt like an eternity since she'd come here alone.  As she walked through the street from the edge of town, past the scattered houses which gradually grew into thicker and thicker clusters, she decided to declare it the former regardless.  She took in the colourful, and occasionally ornate structures as she passed.  Ponyville was a good town, even if it was a bit...eccentric, she might say.

Naj was walking around in her natural changeling form today.  Which in truth wasn't something she was entirely comfortable with, she generally preferred to use a sort of 'compromise' appearance of a changeling in pony colours.  Curiously though, there had been a few times in the past which had such an approach had actually made worse, though they worked out in the end.  It wasn't something she would have expected, though perhaps it could be explained through Ponyville's general weirdness.

Naj's perforated hooves were carrying her forward automatically, and she only remembered where she was when she'd arrived at her destination.  This was the mayor's residence.  The changeling didn't particularly know the mare in question, but it seemed like a natural place to start for what she had in mind.  

After some time and serious consideration, she'd left what had been her home for going on two years now, in Stalliongrad.  She and her coltfriend had agreed that getting some space would be a good idea, even if they were reluctant about it.  She hadn't been kicked out, Red had insisted that she come back if she ran into trouble, but staying without such an emergency would surely cause too many problems.

All this meant Naj needed a new place to stay.  She'd decided to start back to Ponyville, where she'd lived once before, guessing that knowing a few ponies might give her a head start when it came to socializing.

Naj wasn't entirely sure how to go about finding a place to live, not a proper on at least.  But she figured that asking the mayor was good place to start.  The mayor would be in charge of housing right?  Or failing that, she'd at least be able to point Naj in the right direction.  The changeling waited only a moment, before raising a hoof and knocking.

Spoiler

The idea of this thread is for Naj to find a new place to live, worked out through in character conversation.  For anyone interested in offering a place, or wanting to join her in the search, please let me know in this thread first.

Tehengu had just arrived back in the town of Ponyville as well, stretching as he sat on a cloud. This gig was getting harder... maybe it was getting time to drop the whole merc thing and just focus on his EPIC missions...

The griffin sighed to himself before hopping off the cloud and gliding to the ground, starting to walk down the street when he spotted a familiar face at the Mayor’s place. Blinking a bit, he walked over to her and smiled a bit. 

“Hey Naj. How are things going for you?” He asked, watching her. 

mayor_mare_sig_by_dignifiedjustice-d49ik

Mayor Mare had many tasks as part of her role as Mayor of a growing city. Indeed, while South Park was by no means a metropolis and was only recently gaining any sort of national relevance, it was still the fastest growing town in the nation and the Mayor's job profile grew daily. Luckily she had never been completely blown over by the demands of office- she was calm and collected at all times. A response to a crisis that was calm and projected a sense of normalcy was much better than the chaos others preferred. With the Princess around some of the higher-level functions of her office were, sadly, removed from her. Others may have been chagrined by this development; she just looked at it as a way if really focusing in on the smaller tasks that can be forgotten in the rush of bigger jobs a city could offer.

And one of those tasks was housing. For smaller towns like this, the Mayor led the records and housing department. It had a whole host of responsibilities attached but the major one she was thinking of at the moment was finding new housing for citizens who shared spaces and were moving on. Of course it was entirely possible for them to do it themselves and plenty did, with the paperwork getting done and being delivered rather than the Mayor taking a more hooves on approach. But when that didn't happen, the Mayor got to act like a delightful little tour guide. Sometimes. Really, most ponies seeking the help of city hall in these matters were either very simple to settle due to economic of work related reasons or had their eyes set on a specific location and needed help making the connection. It was simple work in the long run and allowed her to get out and see her beautiful town. And he got to show it off as well to those in need.

And judging by who was walking up, she may be called upon. Naj was a Changeling and while she had a wide degree of acceptance in town, there'd always be a few holdouts. She knew it couldn't have been easy, especially since Changelings were naturally empathetic creatures. She had made a life here and the Mayor was proud of her townsponies for being welcoming enough: She hoped that in time all would follow suit. The Mayor's office door was open and Naj walked on up- behind her in close pursuit was another friendly face. “Well, what can I do to help you two today?”

c7lWU1z.jpg

Rubble's path in life had been quite... turbulent for quite some time. Initially happy to work as a demolitions expert, but certain events int he empire lead her down a curious path to that of the Organization EPIC. She'd gone on more than a few quests with them and even made some close friends through it, but one couldn't live their lives waiting for the next dangerous thing to pop up. Seeing as things had calmed down as of late, rather than returning to her usual cycle of job after job Rubble moved to further her education.

Doing that while constantly on the move was out of the question obviously. Doing it from home in Fetloch, well that was a pain in the plot. Just think of all the walking and how early she'd need to get up. Moving to Canterlot though was ... well it would be practical but she was still something of a country mare at heart and with the large amount of snobs with their noses in the air there, Rubble was sure she couldn't take that. Her ultimate choice was a simple one, that being Ponyville. The town wasn't too far from Canterlot where the magic school was so the commute to it would be easier. Most of the time, Ponyville was supposed to be a fairly quiet town and the best alternative to the posh metropolis that was Canterlot.

About a week ago Rubble had called in to schedule a talk with the mayor so she could talk about the arrangements for a place of her own in the community. Now was the day to start a new chapter in her life... Well probably that time would be after this changeling and griffin at the door were dealt with. She had no problems waiting. Rose actually recognized both of them! Both were Co-workers from EPIC! The statuesque mare approached quietly, the only sounds from her being the soft landing of her hooves on the green grass and the muffled music coming from her headphones. 

"Hello again." She said in her usual monotone, "Good to see you both agai--" She stopped when she noticed the mayor speaking up to them, seemingly waiting for them to respond to her first before finishing whatever she was about to say.

Typically, when one knocked on a door, the result was getting the attention of someone inside the building.  So Naj found it a little surprising when she knocked on a door and was then greeted from behind.  It was a little startling, but it proved to be a friend, which she chose to take as a good sign.  She hadn't arrived more than a few minutes ago, and already she was finding creatures she knew as friends!  Even if that was perhaps an oversimplified description of their relationship.

Naj wasn't entirely sure how she related to Tehengu.  The two of them had had a few conversations prior to her reveal, and she could never quite figure out if afterwards he had hidden his surprise well or if he had read between the lines of those conversations.  She couldn't tell exactly what the griffin thought of her, but he was friendly, and she welcomed his presence.

“Could be better,” Naj replied to Tehengu's inquiry, “though it could be a lot worse, too.  Things are...not ideal, I guess.  But I'll survive.”  She wasn't sure how much she wanted to say.  For one thing, she wasn't sure how much she wanted to foist her problems on others.

Such concerns became irrelevant when Mayor Mare opened the door to greet them both.  While Naj was happy to speak to Tehengu, this is the mare she had come this way to see.  “Ah!  Well, I thought it best to move away from Stalliongrad.”  She raised a hoof, miming her dismissal of possible followup concerns.  “There's nothing too serious I- we just need some space, I think.  So!  Having spent time in Ponyville before, I thought it would be a good place to start.  But, uhh...” she paused, and rubbed the back of her head with a hoof.   “I've never really looked for a place to stay long term before.  At least, not a legitimate one.  I was hoping you could help me start?”

Another pony and wandered over and started to introduce herself while Naj was making her statement to the mayor, although this didn't fully register to the changeling until after she'd said her piece.  She looked around, at the pony in question, and blinked.  “Oh, hey Rose.”  Another fellow EPIC member was here, which was an odd coincidence if a welcome one.  Yet again, this was someone who Naj didn't know that well, but was still on friendly terms with.  “Good to see you too.”  She considered asking more, but wanted to finish the conversation with the mayor first.

“Fair enough.” He responded, shrugging a bit. Despite their limited interactions in the past, Tehengu did think of her as a friend, and while the reveal of her true species was surprising, he got over it easily enough. After all, he always believed who you were mattered more than what you were, and Naj was a good... female... Huh, maybe he should ask what the genders were called for changelings. 

Having been lost in thought a little bit, the griffon didn’t get a chance to say anything else before the door opened and the mayor started talking to them. And while that happened, another familiar mare showed up. Tehengu nodded to Rose in greeting before Naj’s response to the question made him look over at her. 

“Hey, feel free to make use of my house if you need a place to stay. It’s a bit out of town, but not that far away, really.” The griffon offered, before turning to answer the question himself. “I’m just here to talk to Naj, get caught up and all that.”

The Mayor could hardly contain her excitement. She was always beyond pleased to welcome new faces to Ponyville, a town so friendly, warm, and welcoming that the Mayor was shocked it wasn't on every postcard possible, Harder to find the ideal Equestrian town after all! Naj was a Ponyville staple anyhow. Might as well complete the package and move here. Her mind raced with the possibilities. If she wanted to live on her own, there were several low-cost options available to her. Small single-bedroom apartments near the heart of the city as well as larger options on the edge of town. It wasn't particularly fancy but such options were always available, and if she found herself needing even more help, the city itself ran a small number of low-income housing that she could always look into. Of course all this was presumptuous, as there were even ore options available to her.

She could find somepony to live with. Most residents who lived within the city limits when they acquired their place of residence noted whether or not they would be wiling to have roommates. This wasn't true of ponies who tended to own the building as well as the land- Carousel Boutique and Sweet Apple Acres came to mind as examples of that particular subgroup. But for the majority of buildings occupied by ponies who were still paying for their residence or had accepted financial aid while allowing themselves to be potentially shacked up with others, it was a simple piece of paperwork. Nopony would be forced to accept somepony else against any real objection and part of the job when you got down to it was pairing up ponies who could at the very least be reasonably decent roommates, if not friends or more. An old belief back when she did this job full time in Baltimare was that they were probably responsible for more marriages and foals than the most successful dating service in Equestria.

“It would be my pleasure to help you find a place to live here in Ponyville, Naj. Come on in- all three of you, even- and take a seat for a second, get something to drink. We'll do a little paperwork and then do some hoofwork. A lot of work, I assure you,” she coyly delivered, laughing at her own wordplay. She trotted deeper into the office, beckoning to one of her aides. “Could you please retrieve open housing opportunities and open land north? Oh, and new housing and resident applications, Thank you,” she said as she finished her trot in. Her aide was quick, and within a few moments had all the proper materials in front of the Mayor. A few large stacks of folders and a smaller one of loose papers. The Mayor nodded, the aide left, and she pushed a few pieces of paper in Naj's direction.

“Just basic information- name, species, age, family and contact information, then the financial. details You don't need to give specifics down to the last bit on that last part- just a basic range will suffice my dear. So, have you considered whether you want to live alone or with somepony else? Near downtown, on the edge? I can't promise you I will give you the perfect answer, but I will strive to give you my best one,” she said, taking a sip of her half-hour old coffee and not betraying how disgusting it now was. She was committed to the illusion. Tehengu had already offered his place and that was an excellent place to check first, but Naj was going to have multiple options to choose from. The Mayor would help her make an informed decision, not just a quick one. “Thank you, the both of you, for being here today- it is always good to see friends helping with such an important decision,” she offered warmly. She didn't know the happenstance nature of the trio's arrival together and was more than happy to assume benevolence had brought them together jointly.

No sooner then Mayor finished talking, the sound of knocking pealed out through the room. Before anyone could answer the door has opened and...

"Good morning Mayor...Oh..." said Swift Squall in surprise after he trotted in, seeing that Ponyville's elected official wasn't exactly alone. That wasn't how he foresaw his 'once a quarter' meeting with Mayor about opportunities for new construction contracts involving his company.

The noblepony wasn't sporting his usual garb. While shades and free flowing mane were still there, he traded his trademark long-coat for aviator jacket. There was also a a striking absence of any weaponry on him...or at least of the obvious kind. Knowing Squall he probably hid kukri knife in his mane or something.

Swift just....stood there for a few seconds before he shook his head.

"Uhhh...sorry. Wasn't expecting anypony else really. Usually Thursday is a slow day in the 'ville....." unicorn said before closing the door.

"So....Hi guys...?! 'Engu, Rose and...Spring?" Swift welcomed his co-workers from EPIC. The presence of his changeling friend was the most unexpected however. Shouldn't she be in Stalliongrad? Unless.....

"Please tell me it's just a coincidence...." he pleaded as the fridge horror settled in, about what could demand the presence of Agents of EPIC.

"I was hoping for a date with Fire. I am not in the mindset of dealing with anything of...well that kind." Swift confessed ah he rubbed his temple with his hoof.

• 2 weeks later...

c7lWU1z.jpg

Rose gave a simple nod in response to both Tehengu and Naj, following along behind them as the mayor lead them to her office. This was rather exciting to be honest, already to the big part where she'd be able to finalize her big move to begin the next chapter in her life. How fun! Rose blinked at all the papers that were on the mayor's desk, how could she hope to get through it a-- oh, coffer, right. While Miss Mare listed off all of the things that Naj would need to take into account, Rose tried to remember them for when her own time came.

She was perfectly content to wait for the mayor to address her while he friend's talked things over... so she did. At least, until another familiar face arrived. It seemed Swift Squall was here. Was he planning to move to? It certainly seemed like he came here to do something important, but was taken aback by the appearance of three other fellow members of E.P.I.C. Hoping to alleviate Squall's visible distress she would shake her head at him, "Everything's okay. Seems some of us want to move here now is all."

• 2 weeks later...

Tehengu offered his own place as somewhere Naj could stay, something the changeling hadn't realized was even a possibility.  “Huh...” she spoke aloud, but eventually shook her head.  “That's a tempting offer, and I'll keep it in mind.  I'd like to see this through though, and do things 'properly' for whatever that amounts to,” she smiled as she added, “rather than mooch off of friends.”

Something else Naj hadn't quite counted on was the Mayor's enthusiasm.  The whole group was quickly whisked to Mayor Mare's office, and after a quick conversation with an assistant and a joke which Naj wasn't quite sure what to do with, the changeling found herself presented with a few pieces of paper.  

Forms were something of a new experience for Naj.  She'd picked up a little understanding from her time in EPIC, but that hadn't yet made up for years for working as a changeling guard, where typical reports were made through speech and memory.  She was therefore quite grateful to have the mayor around to help her sort it out.  Most of it was fairly obvious.  Name, age and species were obvious. Family was a little tougher, as she either had too many and didn't know them that well, or none at all.  She left the box blank for now.  At contact information, she frowned.  She only had two that came to mind, one which was the place she was leaving from, and one that was classified.  After a moment's though, she slowly put down the former.  She and Red were still on good terms, and she could be reached there if needed.  Financial information she had to estimate, but she fumbled through.

With the details of where she was coming from addressed, Mayor Mare started asking Naj about where she was going.  She thought for a moment, before admitting, “I'm not entirely sure.”  She proceeded to think aloud.  “I think... I wouldn't like to be right in the middle of town, so I could be away from the noise.  And I think I'd prefer to stay with ponies, or others.  Preferably ones could understand my, erm, unique diet, although I could work around that.”  She paused for a moment, before concluding.  “Either way, I'd like to meet at least a few potential roommates before settling.”

The process was interrupted by the arrival of yet another friend of Naj's.  She and Swift Squall had an odd, but overall positive relationship, and today was apparently no exception.  Like the others, he had happened to be in the area today, although unlike them he wasn't so happy to see the changeling.  Admittedly, his reasons made sense, it was a lot of EPIC members in one place.  Rose beat her to a response.  Naj pointed a hoof towards her earth pony companion and said, “what she said, this is all coincidence.”  At least as far as she knew, if there was something going on it would surprise her as much as anyone.  “I'm looking for a new place to stay, and by pure chance I wasn't the only one visiting Ponyville,” she offered as explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

“Alright, well my door’s always open if you want to stop by. Assuming I’m home at the time, of course.” Tehengu responded to Naj with a chuckle, which just led into the chuckle caused by the Mayor’s own joke. Once in the office, they were joined by yet another member of EPIC, making the griffon wave a bit in greeting. Sure, they worked together sometimes, but he wasn’t sure he knew Swift well enough to call him a friend. No reason to be unfriendly though. 

“I’m not really visiting. I already live close enough to town to probably be considered part of it.” He added to the words of the two mares, glancing over at Rose and raising an eyebrow at her. 

The Mayor was fantastic at compartmentalizing and focusing on the task at hoof. It had helped her a thousand times before and going forward was destined to do so time and time again. Another pony arrived, a stallion, and she gave him a quick nod. She was aware of who he was though the exact details of his coming and going were both beyond her and not entirely relevant. For now was Naj's time and her focus was on the possible new resident of Ponyville. “Welcome. Please take a seat, I'll be with you soon,” she said, switching gears right back as she heard what Naj was looking for. Nothing too dramatic. She could easily work with those needs and she was more than excited to go down the long list of options but knew for a fact that the list of real possibilities was shorter. In the end they would find her the perfect place and that made the Mayor more than a little pleased.

She wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Ponyville. Made sense. The Mayor enjoyed being in the thick of things but she believed most other creatures valued peace and quiet a tad more than she did. She preferred to live with somepony else rather than alone. A difference there again: The Mayor liked her living space to be hers and hers alone. Others preferred the company and friendship others provided. Of course there was the third bit- her roommate needed to understand just who she was and her unique dietary requirements. That would prove to be considerably more difficult than the the more basic requirements but in the end she was sure that the ponies of Ponyville would prove themselves easy to get along with as they had done in the past multiple times. It was just a matter of trying to match her with the best option available.

The Mayor nodded and looked to her assistant. “Occupied residences near the edge of town open to new occupants, please,” she said sweetly, her assistant bouncing to do it. “Should be just a moment. We'll look at them and then go for a bit of a walk! While we're waiting, anything I can do to help any of you?” She asked the gathering horde of friends around Naj. Some might be here to help, but somepony would need help and she was ready and willing to provide what she could.

"Well thank Harmony that's it's only coincidence then." Swift said as he sighted with relief. Although frown quickly returned to his face when Naj mentioned a reason for her presence. Although she wasn't specific, Squall knew his friend well enough to fill gaps on his own.

"I...well I grateful for the offer Mayor but it seems that the business will have to wait for the other day." while pulling the chair for himself and sitting next to the changeling. While he didn't heard Naj's earlier explanation to Rose and Tehengu it was clear for him that she could use his presence.

"Spring, may I?" he asked after Mayor sanguine words. "I can help you with the paperwork. I find myself buying the land and real property so often that I can fill all of this with my eye's closed. Also, my grandfather made billions on real estate trade and intermediary. He shown me every trick in the book, so I can serve give your potential apartments very precise appraisal - free of charge of course - among other things. If you want it that is. Essentially I offer to be your broker for today." he explained.

"Well mot really Mayor. although I appreciate the enthusiasm." noblepony said in answer to town official's offer.

• 5 months later...

Hearing Naj's word's rose would smile just slightly, "I'd be happy to have you as a room-mate if that's an option. I'm hoping to move here myself while I further my magical education." she glanced out the window towards Canterlot in the distance. The mare would soon clam up again as she continued to observe the conversation. It was curious how many of her c workers wound up here.

When Tehengu arched a brow at her she would smile and wave at him, "Have you been well since the Arena?"

Naj shared Tehengu's chuckle for just a moment.  She knew how it was, as she should being in the same organization, that of course she couldn't expect him to be around whenever she might show up.  “Heh, well thanks anyways.  I might take you up on that at some point, if only to catch up.”  She did think it was a nice gesture, and something for her to keep in mind.  However, in the end that didn't really affect what she was doing here today.  It was easy enough for her to find a place to sleep with a roof over her head, what she was hoping to find here was a home.

Naj hadn't been expecting the Mayor to be so prepared to meet her needs, given the particulars of it, although a part of her felt she shouldn't be too surprised.  Mayor Mare had held her position in Ponyville for as long as Naj was aware.  Presumably, if she had anything it would be a knowledge of the rules and a knack for getting a pony or otherwise through them.  The changeling's situation may have been a little stranger than the usual resident, it apparently wasn't enough to faze the mayor.  “Thank you!  This is a big help,” Naj said, at the first convenient opportunity.  She felt like she'd want to do something for the mayor later, although what she could do she wasn't sure.  She decided it was an idea she'd have to revisit later, for now she had other things on her mind.

As the mayor turned to address the room, and Naj had found herself in the company of more ponies than she'd expected, Swift Squall took a moment to get her attention.  He offered to help with the paperwork Naj was working on.  Naj hesitated, worried she was asking for too much help already.  At the same time, she was still getting the hang of the Equestrian way of doing things.  And important though it may be, she didn't enjoy the idea of doing a bunch of paperwork.  It took her a moment to reply, but eventually she said “...Yeah, I probably could use a bit of help actually, at least with the paperwork.  I appreciate it, though uh, I probably won't be as particular as you would.”  She hoped he wouldn't get too invested in what was ultimately going to be her place to live, although she wouldn't turn away the help either.  She slid a couple pieces of paper, partially filled out, across to him.  

On 2018-05-21 at 12:49 PM, Pretzelparty said:

"I'd be happy to have you as a room-mate if that's an option. I'm hoping to move here myself while I further my magical education."

Naj thought for a moment.  “I do like the sound of that, though I'd rather see all of what's available before committing to anything.  I'd be happy to have you along either way though, we can look together.”  She smiled at Rose before turning back to the page in front of her.  “And hopefully that will be soon, I don't think there's too much more to fill out...”

• 3 weeks later...

"Eh. I'm not as spry as I used to be, but I've been getting along fine." He said in response to Rose's question, stretching a bit as he did so. That had been a tough battle, and like many of them required more tactical thinking than brute force on his side of things. Just as well, he had all that experience for a reason after all. "How about yourself?"

"No, just here to support my friends in any way I can." Tehengu added after the mayor's question, relaxing a bit in his chair as he waited for something he could help with.

It was such unrelenting joy to know that ponies- or indeed, changelings- that came to this town could so easily and readily apply the concepts of friendship and become all the richer for it. The Mayor was often called upon to handle the matters of business that made a town struggle for answers. The homeless and needy, the criminal and non-compliant. Her problems were macro-scale at times but they tended to circle around to the basic tenet of a good town: Community required cooperation, it required some of the core concepts of friendship. When it lacked, problems would arise. It was rare for Ponyvile to ever truly fail in its communal obligations but the city government was proof positive that everypony knew that safeguards were needed for the good of the community.

But when somepony/someling could provide ample evidence that they were surrounded by good friends, the Mayor felt much more secure in the belief that not only were they productive and happy members of the community, but that their very presence was a boon to be treasured. Indeed, she wasn't even really needed! The goal had been to show her around but with all these good friends up and about ready to involve themselves, the Mayor didn't feel the great need to have to walk Naj around town. Indeed, she'd only really get in the way. Her aide returned in quick order with the right documents, which the Mayor immediately turned over to Naj. “Thank you,” Mayor Mare said, nodding towards her aide who made her exit. The Mayor turned to Naj and friends.

“That is a list of all places that fit the criteria. I could walk you around town and talk to you about the merits of the properties and the ponies that have them, but Naj, you don't need me,” The Mayor said as she smiled at the gathered ponies. “You need your friends. At this rate, they can help you much more than I ever could. When you've made a decision, come and talk to me. Until then...happy hunting, Naj, and good luck.”

"Don't mind if I will." said Squall as he double-checked the papers Naj filled. As expected his friend was smart enough to leave fields she wasn't sure of empty, instead of filling the blanks with balderdash.

"Don't beat yourself about it Spring. I would actually said you adjusting just fine." noblepony reassured the changeling  "Our property law can be complicated at time....Actually our law system in it's wholeness is. Of all places I've been to Aquelia is an only who has it even more confusing...although I heard Neighpon is getting close in recent years." he mused as he hoofed the filled documents back to Mayor's assistant.

"Don't be so hasty Spring. Paperwork is just the beginning." Squall reminded his friend as Mayor Mare gave Naj yet another set of papers. He quickly scanned through the list before musing.

"We are for quite a tour. But before we go, it would be wise some things you should decide in advance. It would help you not be distracted later." businesspony advised before starting his lecture. After all, he had more experience in the subjects then all of his teammates combined.

"First thing - do you want to rent a house/apartment, or to purchase it instead? You must take your current and future possible income into consideration and more in that regard. Rose living with you would greatly help with the possible rent, but even if you count that actually owning the estate would be cheaper in the long run. Mind you your...OUR  line of work doesn't help with creditworthiness. Banks may be unwilling to give you a loan....if you need one that is." Swift explained.

"Second, no matter if renting or buying some renovations have to be in order. My Squallcoast Constructions could help with that." unicorn added, namedropping one of the companies he owned. "Free of charge that is."

"Third and the final one for now, do you want estate that is already furnished or not? Again, it's all depending on your funds but if you want one with all essentials already in place, make sure you explore them as closely as the house itself. You would be surprised what kind of cons ponies are ready to do so squeeze some extra bits. That sink, ughhhh..." Squall winced at disgust at some clearly unpleasant memory that flashed thought his head.

"Oh don't be a drama queen 'Engu. I saw teens that couldn't do half the stuff you can do. Most of because they were stuffing themselves with hayburgers all their lives, but the point still stands." Swift addressed the griffon "Besides, no sword is rustless forever." he quickly added reassuringly before turning towards Rose.

"Also, I didn't expected you Rose to do home-hunting here. I kind-off understand why Spring does - sentimental value and all - but I would see you settling somewhere with booming music industry rather then here. Or one close to one. I mean Canterlot is close but ehhh...." nobelpony started before pausing meaningfully. While there were places focused on music in Canterlot, it wasn't exactly stuff Rubble listened to "That and I don't believe demolition expert would be in high demand here. I mean - this is Ponyville. You just have to wait for another catastrophe to swoop through town to do job for you." Squall pointed out to the unicorn mare.

• 4 weeks later...

c7lWU1z.jpg

Rose would return a small smile of her own in Naj's direction then nod her head. The prospect of a roommate had Rose admittedly excited. Lately she couldn't help but think she'd been spending too much time alone after all that had happened lately. "If things work out with this I'll be sure not to play my music too loudly." The mare remained silent for a moment while Naj spoke to the mayor. 

"I'm sure you are still very tough, Tehengu." She looked him up and down once and nodded, "... and I am doing well enough. I'm not doing the ... fighting I used to, now i'm working more on learning things."

Upon hearing Squall's assumption about her going somewhere more... musically oriented, Rose could only shake her head. "Too much stage-fright." She said in a slightly hushed tone, "Besides I've always had a talent for entropic magics. I may as well learn more about how to better use my talents. I'm going back to the academy and ponyville is more like the town I grew up in in fetloch... minus the occasional disturbance and magic mishap."

Archived