In Blind Magic, luck helps a lot!(Open)

CynderShadows

Blue Moon was small compared to other fillies of her age, and also oddly colored. Though the most striking feature would be the glazed over, cloud like grey eyes. Yes, Blue Moon was blind. A result of a spell gone wrong in her days as a foul. Sadly she was never able to see her cutie mark because of this, though everypony told her it was a brilliant, sparkly blue crescent moon. She so longed to see it, though she accepted she would most likely never would. After moving to Dodge Junction, she didn't really have any friends. She rarely even left her house, as she was busy learning where everything was so she wouldn't run into anything. One of the many problems of a blind pony. In time, in a long time, see eventually did learn the layout, and decided to venture out to meet the town.

As she ventured down the street, she couldn't help but run snout first into a pole.

"Oh, excuse me."

She said, assuming she had ran into somepony. She moved her way around the poll, and continued her way down the street. She relied on her hearing, smell, and touch to find her way, but often even those failed her. Soon a delicious smell filled her nostrils, and she would follow it for a time. Eventually the wind blew it away, leaving her with no idea of where she was. She moved in a circle, searching for something to help her find her way back, finding none, her ears dropped.

"Um....Hello?"

gl-97033-1510069976.pnggl-97033-1510167720.png

Lens did not come to Dodge Junction very often. In fact, as it is, he was only there because he was visiting an old client from a difficult case to make sure that they were doing well with recovering from it. As such he was now just wandering the dirt tracks, his hooves not making much of a sound on the soft ground underneath, he adjusts his shades, glad to finally be in a place that they would be of use. 

He then notices a filly wandering like she was lost, her ears low and her face looking worried, but most worrying of all were her eyes; clouded over with a clear sign of blindness. He walks over to the filly, tapping her leg gently "Hey, it's okay little one. You look a bit lost there, do you need a helping hoof?" he asks, his voice soft as he keeps his hoof near her in case she needed to be led to where she wanted to be.

Moon nearly jumped out of her fur. She hadn't heard a sound from the approaching pony. She assumed the pony to be a stallion, by his voice, even though he was using a soft tone. She held a hoof over her heart, and turned to face the direction from which the voice came.

"Dear Luna! You scared me!"

She stated. Her heartbeat was at a maddening pace, yet was slowly returning to normal. In the process, her ears had perked up, out of instinct. When his question registered in her mind, they would droop again.

"Yeah, I'm a bit lost. As much as I would like to meet everypony, I haven't memorized the layout of the town yet. I don't even know which way my home is!"

Her tone was now a little flabbergasted, with a hint of panic. Blue Moon hated being lost, even though it happened more then she would like. She blew a lose strand of her mane back into place, as it was hanging over her eye. IT wouldn't help her any, it just bothered her. She would then take a deep breath and use her remained senses to try and figure out this pony before her.

Lens jumps at the sudden reaction as well, not expecting to have been that much of a surprise to the filly. He pushes his shades back up his nose as he looks at the filly as she recovers "Sorry, used to walking on ground that makes more of a noise." he says casually.

As she admits to being lost, he realises just how dire this situation was; not only was she lost; she would not be able to tell him what her home would look like. This gave a whole new set of problems for trying to figure out a way to get her back home to her family. His mind quickly steps into gear, considering all other options; she couldn't see, but she could smell and hear things alright, he hoped. And with any luck there would be certain smells that would mark out certain areas of Dodge Junction, which could lead them to her home. "Okay well then, do your remember any smells or sounds on the way up here?" he remained calm in his tone of voice; seemingly very adept at maintaining his composure in situations like this, lending to the idea that being in a crisis was nothing new to the stallion. For now he smelled rather dusty from walking through Dodge for a long period of time, having to go a ways away from the station to see his client 

"Um...Well..."

She started to think, placing a hoof on her chin. She remembered catching a whiff of flowers right after stepping out of her house. She also heard some metallic ringing as well. But that was all she could remember. With the dusty smell filling her nostrils, it sorta clouded her senses. She sighed, putting her hoof back on the ground.

"I remember smelling flowers, and hearing a ringing sound, but thats about it."

She replied. She was starting to get hot. With the sun beating down, her black fur absorbed the heat. One of the few things she had to get used to now that she was living here,

"I was following a smell, it smelled like pumpkin pie. That's how I got here."

In all honesty, this wasn't the first time following a smell got her into trouble, And most likely wouldn't be the last. She often got into places she shouldn't back in her home, which added to her list of problems with the ponies there.

The little filly started trying to remember, and seemed to be having a rather large amount of trouble doing so; which made matters worse considering how Lens knew nothing about Dodge either. But until he got this filly home; there was no way he would be getting out of Dodge. That was when she spoke, just two things that could help, however the fact that she said a ringing sound, instead of a bell made him disregard any clock towers. And the fact that she smelled flowers at the same time made him nod; the first location to check would be flower shops. And this being a desert area; there probably wouldn't be many of them.

"Okay, well then let's get going and look for a flower shop. Best place to start; can't have your family not know where you are, they are probably going to be getting worried sick." he comments as he quickly asks the ponies around to see if any of them knew where any flower shops were, making a mental note about how easily distracted this filly could be, so keeping an eye on her as he asked around.

"Um, I don't live with my family."

She said reluctantly, unsure if he heard her as he had gone off to ask other ponies about flower shops. She pinpointed his voice, and focused on it. Momentarily her horn glowed a deep navy blue. her hooves began to glow as well, and she started to hover. Then she would float towards him. She thought it the easiest way to follow him would be to use magic, she would just float along behind him. After doing so, she listened in on the conversations, at the same time trying to remember just what kind of flowers she smelled.

"You don't live with your family? So you live on your own then?" 

He asks, worried now after this admittance from the filly; the idea of her living alone was terrifying, especially in a place like Dodge Junction. As he kept an eye on her, her notices her hovering using her magic, obviously her magic was a very powerful one to achieve  something like that, he could barely even teleport without winding himself afterwards. He keeps on getting information, trying to figure out where this elusive flower shop could possibly be.

"Yeah, I live alone. I didn't exactly get along with everypony back home."

She said sadly as she hovered along. She hoped it wouldn't take to long, because she could already feel the spell draining her. Eventually a purple pegasus commented in a thick country accent that there was a couple flower shops to the north of town. Blue Moon's ears perked up at the statement.

"Thank you miss!"

She said excitedly. Her spell finally failed her, but she was no less optimistic. "Lets go!" She said excitedly, facing away from Lens, thanking she was facing him.

He nods, understanding what it is like to be disliked by a large group of people. It was a common occurrence for him, but even so it made him sad to hear this filly essentially left home due to it. That was when the pegasus commented on the location of a few flower shops. He nodded to her "Cheers doll. Come on then little one, let's get you home before you roast." 

He says, tossing her onto his back as he noticed her spell fail "You just rest. Magical exhaustion can be... well, exhausting." he comments as he starts off towards the north of town. "Do you have keys or anything?"

She moved her hoof under the red handkerchief she had tied around her neck, and produced a golden key with silver accents. Of course, none of it was truly made of precious metals, it was just painted with those colors. Any pony could tell because it was starting to flake off in places, showing the dull grey metal beneath. 

"Right here. I was told the lock of my house resembles the key. But obviously I don't know that, it's just what other ponies have told me."

She said. She spoke as if she was totally okay with being blind, which would be true. She had been blind most of her life, and learned to live with it. She made up for her inability to see by helping others, and she was especially gifted when it came to magic dealing with luck. As she laid on his back, she would stick her snout to the air, trying to distinguish any recognizable smells from all the others. The dust itself was especially overwhelming, but so it should be, considering just where the town was placed.

(( Oh wow, I'm late to this roleplay, I hope you don't mind I have been away from This site for the weekend and I would like a simple roleplay. ))

Dodge Junction. A place not of apples but instead of cherries. Loose's Mother worked as a G.M.O scientist mosly stationed in Appleloosa but she would get samples from farms all around Equestria. One set of samples were the cherries from Dodge junction. Unfortunately the postal services in AppleLoosa were having issues so she would not be able to ship back the samples. Fortunately though Loose Cannon was visiting in AppleLoosa as apart of her gap year travels. Her next stop wasn't planned to be Dodge Junction, but some arrangements could be done.

After delivering the samples to Cherry Hill Ranch and trying some cherries, Loose Cannon decided to look around in the sister town of Appleloosa. She was wandering around when she overheard the conversation of a stallion and a filly. She did not mean to eavesdrop but her hearing made it very easy to do so. From listening on it was clear that the two had very little past relationship. It could be deciphered from the Filly's speech choice that the filly had vision problems, or navigational problems in general; probably the former. This was the first other blind pony she had ever noticed in her life. The Stallion was surprised at the living arrangement of the filly but Loose wasn't really as surprised. The Filly was a unicorn and with the right spells she guessed that magic could be a supplement for navigation. 

"I'm sorry for intruding but I can help reassure that living alone without sight isn't so bad because I've been doing it completely for the past three years." Her eyes were wide open as she walked towards them and the subtle click could be heard as she took in her surroundings.

He studies the key, nodding as he takes in each detail "Okay, I think I have the look down, now we just need to find the right house..." he sighs, starting to study the doors of the buildings they passed, hoping to find the right one soon; he wanted to return home, and also get the filly home before the day got any hotter.

That was when another voice sounded, causing him to jump slightly, though not enough to dislodge Blue, he looks over to the new pony with a smile "Okay then, it's more the area that worries me. Dodge ain't exactly as social focused as places like Ponyville, always seems the ponies around here have something they would much rather be doing." He gets back to studying doors with a groan "One of these must be the right building... We just passed a flower shop after all..."

Archived