Generosity of Spirit (SPONSORED- Canterlot)

SteelEagle

5aP-8Xo54-ar5w8IiQrAHrD9zY32tzDM5r94Qcp4

If there was one thing Rainbow knew how to do it was move her way around her mare. The Pegasus' body swirled around AJ's. A flick of the tail here, a kick of a hind leg there. She offered a devious smile to the farm pony as things started to heat up on the dance floor.

"You know I like to show these snooty ponies how it's done!"

She extended her wings, moving in rhythm with the beat.  Her body was as close to AJ's as she could get in a public place. "Can't wait til we can go home,"  She gave her mare a sly wink.

Image result for dj pony banner

Vinyl caught the wink from her roommate. She nodded back, a smile on her muzzle. Tavi really could light up a room. Not just with her music. She could feel the passion in each bow stroke. The fire of her love for music dancing in her eyes. The unicorn's heart swelled at the thought of all the music they had shared and how much more was to come. 

She knew the set up ponies would have her gear up on stage soon enough. She would share the night with Octavia up on stage. They both loved the stage. Loved when others in enjoyed what they were most passionate for. For the moment though, she was content in watching and listening to the most beautiful music anywhere.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rutherford removed the heavy chest from his back, letting it fall to the floor with deep thud before looking to Celestia. Hello tall white pony Celestia! He shouted before approaching closer to keep talking, on the way he looked over at Blueblood. Hello other white pony! We talk soon, Rutherford busy. Most of all other-other white pony with gem on butt. Rutherford wish to speak later. So many white pony. So confusing.” He rolls his eyes underneath his hair and stops in front of Celestia. “Of course on time, Rutherford never late. And Yakyakistan has been well, it grow better every day it feel! Haha, did not think best city in world be better but yet it is. And soon Yakyakistan grow even more with plans! And not be only Yak city. Rutherford think Yak land to small. Yak land most grow.” He grins as he speaks, full of pride for his beautiful city. Yakyakistan was truly the greatest city ever made! It just needed to be bigger so others think so… Bigger walls maybe? Or a keep? Both? He will come up with something to make the rest of the world understand the power of yaks. 

“But glad to come. Never seen Hearth's Warming before, here story most of all from pink pony-Yak. She say much in mail. Maybe to much. Rutherford can make bed out of mail sometimes. Speaking of pink pony-yak, where is pink one? She is missed and Rutherford guilty of wanting her cook more, last cake made yak cook so angry! Hahahaaa, I like it more than his! He smashed two homes! Was funny. Then I smashed his. Was good day. But if tall white pony see pink pony-Yak, let her know Rutherford wishes for her company.” He looks around as he asked, if searching for her. “Hope tall white been good. How is Canterlot? It seem good! Sadly run here so no time to look round. Someday I want look round.” He did not, Canterlot was boring… ugly… full of the worst ponies as well. But this was for the sake of friendship and keeping close ties. The book says it’s really important or something. Rutherford will be the best diplomat alive for puting up with such boreing and weak work. 

But he did keep an eye on Rarity and blueblood. He was glad Rarity was here, he had no clue how to send her mail and wished to get something from her. Not for himself, no pony can hope to make clothing for him. But as a gift for pink… Well, she may be yak in all but looks, but yaks never make pony clothing before. So get pony to make pony outfit! Pink was his best friend after all, what’s a Prince that can’t give lavish gifts?

Oho. Opprotunity knocked! And since the clothing donations were well and truly sorted (aside from a display model of each of Rarity's outfits occupying  a place of honour in front of the sleigh with some of the more extravagent gifts, Rutherford's included), the winged stallion picked up a plate from the buffet and wove through aerial fliers until he could land a short distance from the Yak and Princess with a jingle of sleigh-bells.

"Prince Ruthorford!" He declared in his best basso. The yaks were notorious for recognizing the loud and boisterous. "Such an amazing and generous gift you brought! We'll be able to put it to great use helping needy ponies. I'm Honeywing, a trade-maker for Prince Blueblood.

It was...technically true, but Yakyakistan was next on his list of nations to open trade-routes with. He had a full dossier on it and had done a covert fly-over on his way back from Whitescar a few weeks back. He offered the pie he'd grabbed from the buffet, made with Sweet Apple Acres apples and Appaloosan cinnamon, and continued. "Here, you remember Apple pony? We used some of her apples for this pie. There was another problem we ponies have that we might need help with. Canterlot's stonecutters cut too much stone this year and the city can't use it all. Good, sturdy rock, but we have so much of it in the palace already it would just sit and collect dust. We don't want to send it back and make them mad and I was hoping you might be able to use some of it. In return we could use a few blankets to keep little ponies warm, yak fur is good for that, right?"

Flattery and challenge in equal parts, and offer something they need. That was the rule of trade. Granted, there would end up being a tarriff in each direction if this weren't being negotiated on Royal authority, technically, and still would generate one if bits had been involved. But a straight barter between the quarry and Yakyakistan wouldn't. And having the Palace buy up the blankets as a charitable inroad meant everyone won. Granted, his next trick would be selling that idea to the quarry and the Palace, but this was probably the only chance he'd get to talk to Rutherford without needing snow-shoes, and he JUST got back from Whitescar.

H0N8TQ8G_o.png

The spirit took delight in Bev-- Gearbox's distress. Schadenfreude! A delightful word best uses in such a situation. He would push to his hind hooves and would attempt to dip the stallion. He could hear Kaze squeal in delight as sunbutt plays gift giver. Honestly with such powerful magic he would think she'd be more creative! Alas… He looked into Gearbox’s eyes and pulled his lips back in a smirk. His sweater would once again alter and change, the caribou depicted on it now rest beneath the tree in the golden, glittering snow of sequins. As the music changes to a slower beat he moved faster around the dark stallion, playing at a somba type dance.

It was to be expected.

“Well if you're looking for something I think I can help you. Perhaps you'd be willing to accept having an outing with me. A handsome stallion like you? I am sure you have many chasing your tail, but I wouldn't mind spending my New Years with you.” He chuckled deeply.

There was something about him.too familiar. Well any foal getting his gift would be in for a surprise! Speaking of surprises and a barrel full of Yaks. In came the prince. The disguised spirit felt it was an opportunity. He canted his head, horn lighting up before a number of the tables treats and remaining sweets began to gather. Armed with spoons full of whipped creme and mugs of marshmallows the Hearthswarming delights would drop from.the table and take positions. What better to greet more royalty than delivering sweet treats right into open muzzles? The professor smirked.

“C'est l'heure du dessert.” He mused before opening his mouth and catching an airborne marshmallow.

And about went the tiny sweets delivering treats to ponies, yaks and the like to open for the tasty delights!

Archived