A Force Of Nature In Canterlot [Open]

Bolt

The beautiful white streets of the castle town of Canterlot we're littered with broken glass over turned carts and ponies buckling down in fear of whatever was tearing around the streets at high speeds causing this destruction. A blur of blue and silver tore down the city's streets letting off sonic booms every time it took off or turned a corner, only further adding to damaging the royal capital. The residence we're confused as to what was happening and more than a little pissed off their belongings we're being destroyed. A jeweler was sitting in tears as the door of his shop had been torn off it's hinges and all the valuables in his shop had vanished along with the blue blur. The supersonic object approached Canterlot Park and came to a screeching halt, now it was slowing down it could be seen more clearly. The object behind all this destruction was a stallion sized blue dragon with silver spines. Digging his claws into the ground while spreading his wings to create drag assisting in breaking, a shower of golden coins and glittering jewelry rushed past him landing in great pile before the dragon in the center of the park. The dragon known as Bolt smiled zipping atop the horde he'd amassed from Canterlot's citizens. He fell back looking relaxed placing his claws behind his head his tail swishing back and forth across the ill gotten gold. "This is the life." He told himself closing his eyes letting the diamonds and rubies drift between the claws on his toes.

The first one to approach the victorious dragon was none other than another dragon, one larger than the one on the pile. Aranak walked up to the pile calmly, picking up one of the gems and inspecting it for a few moments before looking back to the smaller dragon. Really, he didn't look all that impressive, but he had managed to cause some damage while collecting all this treasure, so he had something going for him.

"Quite the haul there, and some impressive destruction. I don't believe I've ever seen you before though, so who are you, and what are you doing here?" Aranak said, continuing to watch him. The red dragon wasn't all too happy about this other dragon so close to his home, but for now there was no reason to be hostile.

Bolt kept his eyes shut a cocky grin sprawled over his face. "It is quite the horde isn't it? It's nothing compared to what I've got back in my cave up north but it'll do for now." Upon further inspecting the voice that called out to him it sounded reptilian in nature, this caused Bolt's eyes to shoot open as he sprung up looking down at his visitor. What he saw put him on edge immediately a larger and possibly stronger dragon already in Canterlot put a major wrench into his plans for the city. He zipped down the pile faster than naked eye could see and struck a defensive stance flaring his wings out placing himself between his visitor and treasure, getting territorial. Actively agitated Bolt spat embers as he talked and sorted flames in between with annoyed grunts. "The name's Bolt as in faster than lightning." He dug his claws into the ground gritting his teeth annoyed that the red reptile was here, he planned on coming to Canterlot to do whatever he wanted with only the Regal Sister posing a possible threat but now there was already a bigger dragon in town. "As for what I'm doing that that dosen't concern you. Why don't you make like a pony and trot away with your tail between your legs." Bolt took a great risk mouthing off to a dragon much larger than himself but he wasn't willing to let his ambitions stop here.

Well, he certainly was fast. That could prove to be a problem... Nothing he couldn't overcome though, especially once he stopped by his cave again. Aranak glared at Bolt now as the dragon got territorial and defensive. No, this would not stand. The larger dragon seemed to get even larger as he made himself more intimidating, towering over Bolt.

"Really? You are going to threaten me? With fire, no less. See these tattoos? I got them after killing a dragon more threatening than you. I suggest you be the one trotting off, little dragon." He growled out, pointing out the dragon tattoos on his shoulders as his wings flared out. "I'll even let you take all you can carry from that pile there."

The runt snapped back. "You've no idea what I can do. Size isn't everything you overgrown iguana. You ever feel a punch or impact from something traveling 100 times the speed of sound? I make the wonderbolts look like wind-up toys. So back off or I'll ruin you like Twilight ruined Discord." Bolt advanced smashing his forehead into Aranak's locking horns pushing against his towering opponent. "This is your last chance, back off." Both we're at the edge of starting a conflict that could destroy the city if the two we're to fight. The question is would somepony brave enough step up to stop them?

“You have no clue what I am capable of either, runt, and I’m smart enough to keep it that way. I can tell you’re not the sharpest of swords, so let me spell this out for you. All you know about me is that I’m bigger and stronger than you, and have dealt with your kind before. On the other claw, I know your name, I know where to look for your lair, I know your primary strengths. Use that pea-brain of yours, as hard as that may be for you, and back off.” Aranak growled out, not backing down in the slightest from this whelp. He thought he could just waltz in here and take over? Ha!

As much as Bolt hated to admit it Aranak had a point he had his name and the location of his home. This annoyed the blue dragon to no end as he started drooling lava the molten liquid dripping through the gaps between his fangs. "You stay away from my lair!" He barked still annoyed he'd been tricked into revealing so much information. He found himself being pushed back almost buckling under the power of the larger dragon he dig in his claws desperately trying to stand his ground. Still unable to stand in the spot as he finally lost some ground a electricity surged through Bolt's eyes. "He may be bigger than me, he may be stronger than me and he may have even managed to have pulled one over on me, but I am The Fastest Thing Alive!"   

He thought to himself as he smiled looking up at the red reptile that managed to push him back. Five words we're all he said his mood changing from furious to calm and cocky. "Let's go for a run!" In less than a second all four of the dragons legs became a blur almost impossible to see revving up on the spot kicking up dust and dirt. Once he'd built up enough energy he charged forward horns still locked with Aranak. Bolt blasted forward at such blinding and incredible speed it was like getting hit by a freight train powered by a rocket engine. The sound barrier was utterly decimated as Bolt took a blindingly fast start to his mad dash. The white streets of Canterlot became a blur as they pushed past the castle capitol, soon after the great fields of the royal vineyards then the mountain ranges beyond that followed. In all this time a single second had past as they we're traveling so fast the scenery was just an indistinguishable blur of green and blue. Bolt dug in his claws and opened his wings catching the air assisting him to break, horns still locked the two came sliding to a stop at the edges of Ponyville no longer in Celestia's city. They we're in a wide green meadow miles from Canterlot not too far from Sweetapple acres. Looking up with a cocky grin the smaller dragon gnashed his teeth, he was a little more than a show off it seems. "That was a single second, imagine what I could do with a whole minute."   

“Using your brain is out of the question then, it seems. At this point I have to wonder if you even have one.” Aranak said simply, seemingly unimpressed by Bolt’s display. At least they were further away from his own lair, not that he would be worried about anyone getting in even if they could find it. 

For now though, Aranak held his ground, bits of fire flashing in his maw. After a few seconds of silent staring, he smirked slightly and let loose a burst of flames more meant to distract and/or blind than to do damage. At the same time, he moved to grab Bolt by the neck, and took to the sky right afterwards wether or not his attack actually worked. 

"Don't act like you're not impressed that was over three provinces in less than a seco....."He was cut off as he received a face full of fire causing him to stumble back onto his hind legs coughing, trying to fan the flames away with his wings. However it was too late before the fire that impeded his vision was gone the red figure tore through the flames and grabbed at his throat, soaring skyward. Coughing further trying to choke down air as he was being strangled his eyes shot wide open seeing how far above the ground the two were. Not that he'd ever admit this but he was a weak flier probably worse than Fluttershy herself. He struggles to escape from the iron tight grasp of his attacker pressing his feet against Aranak's chest, but alas his efforts we're in vein. Starting to realize raw power alone wouldn't help him out of his situation the electricity started to surge within his eyes once again. Black clouds gathered above as the heavens grew dark and begin to rumble. Signs of a storm started to brew as Bolt violently glared. He struggled to breath let alone talk. "L..last chance......put me down.....and...back off..."

Aranak smirked as his plan worked perfectly, holding Bolt’s neck tight as they hovered in the air. It seemed he was garunteed a win now... what was this now? A storm coinciding with some kind of flash in Bolt’s eyes. Interesting. 

“As you wish.” He said, shrugging before letting go and delivering a full-force punch into Bolt’s face that would launch him straight down into the ground. Aranak waisted no time in following behind, aiming to land hard on Bolt. 

Being sent slamming into the ground from the force of the blast the blue dragon groaned gritting his teeth as he lay in a crater he'd created upon hitting the ground. "My everything hurts." He said holding his head looking skyward as his towering foe came crashing down. Acting purely on instinct he quickly rolled to the side avoiding having his head kicked in. Glaring violently at Aranak he let out a deafening roar that shook the earth and shattered the sound barrier. The dark clouds that gathered above begun to rumble intensely before letting loose a flash of thunder before a bolt of lightning came crashing down striking the red reptile. As the raw and powerful energy struck his foe Bolt roared again and the heavens responded with roaring thunder as if acting as a warning. 

Well, he’d be feeling that in the morning... Though now more than ever he was glad for all those enchanted items he had made as well as the unicorns he made do stuff for him over the years. Not that he had much with him at the moment, but he always had his necklace, and he was glad he decided to put protection enchantments on it. 

“Alright, that’s enough of that.” He said, smoking a bit from the heat of the lightning. Aside from that, there wasn’t much in the way of obvious injuries. He then let out a large amount of smoke, as if he had been storing it up, soon being completely hidden by it as well as the surrounding area. 

Ejaz frowned as he saw the smoke eminating from Aranak’s mouth, the pegasus mentally preparing himself in case he had to step in as he watched from afar. Now, the stallion knew he couldn’t forcefully end the conflict between the two dragons before him. But Ejaz did hope that he could diffuse the situation and get them to go their seperate ways, whether or not the two would continue to hate each other afterwards didn’t matter. What did matter was the poor environment and the small animals that were getting caught up in the crossfire; Bird’s nests, the trees themselves, ant’s hills, and even animals that were just passing by, nothing was safe or even remotely undamaged from the shockwaves and blowbacks that were transmitted everywhere from each of the dragon’s assaults.

Even as he hovered where he was, Ejaz could see animals being consumed by the smoke, with only some escaping while coughing out the, for all intents and purposes, poison that flowed from the much larger dragon’s mouth. Seeing just how little the two either cared, or were aware of their surroundings made Ejaz’s fur stand on end, and the mechanic’s anger to boil inside.

But despite his desire to end the conflict and save those caught up in the unnecessary violence, Ejaz knew he could physically do nothing if he just jumped in, so the mechanic landed on a high hill just far enough to stay out of the way of the fight. Waiting for the moment that he could step in and not immediately be either attacked or denied from saying anything, Ejaz standing with his abnormally large wings wide open in preparation for a dash once the opportunity presents itself.

Watching the red dragon vanish into a thick shroud of smoke Bolt rolls his eyes and punches the ground. "Seriously!? If you're going to keep using these tricks instead of fighting me head on like a REAL dragon, I'm not sticking around." Bolt calmed down the storm clouds vanishing as he got a wicked smile upon his face. The Pegasus waiting in the hills was about to get his wish and the dragons weren't even aware he existed. The blue and silver reptile shook his head looking at the edge of Ponyville. "I'm heading back to Canterlot, enjoy the 4 hour walk." He said with a large smug grin as he took off letting off a sonic boom that shook the ground disturbing the nearby wildlife. Bolt had arrived back almost 3 seconds after he had taken off. He waltzed back into town head held high as he strutted down the street. "For the next few hours, I can do whatever I like, without that pain in my rear getting in the way." He said as he zipped off to enjoy the cities pleasures.

Aranak sighed to himself as Bolt left back to Canterlot. Honestly, the problem wasn't that he was doing stuff, it was that he was doing it there. Maybe he should just get Bolt to move on to somewhere else, fighting him was proving to be a pain in the ass. The dragon soon took to the sky, beginning to fly back towards the city.

____3 hours later_____

Finally, back in the city. Now to find that stupid dragon and deal with him. Aranak flew above the buildings, scanning the streets and the rooftops to find his opponent.

With the 3 hours he'd brought himself Bolt was at town square jumping through rings of fire and lifting heavy objects with a single hand using his amazing dragon powers to impress crowds of Canterlot's upper crust. It seems Bolt not only loved gold but also appulse, he followed up each stunt with something greater that followed. He was currently lifting a cart on one claw filled with eight mares.

Ejaz had been following Aranak, partly due to cautiousness, and partly due to curiosity. The mechanic had an idea that the larger dragon didn’t fancy the idea of being ditched by his opponent in the middle of a fight, but left his mind open to other possibilities.

Taking a glance around as he flew, the pegasus couldn’t helo but cringe slightly as he flew over Canterlot, Ejaz didn’t exactly have the best experience when he was here, hence his reaction. Inwardly the mechanic just hoped that this wouldn’t take very long.

Aranak felt like he was being followed, but he couldn’t find out if the feeling was correct before he caught sight of Bolt again and got distracted. First he loots them all and now he was putting on a show for them? What was up with this dragon?

As soon as he had a clear shot, more out of wanting to make sure he hit Bolt than any worry over the mares he was lifting, Aranak divebombed him, slamming the smaller dragon into the ground over and over. He then went to grab him by the neck again to choke him out and just end this fight. 

Ejaz made a sound of surprise as the mares Bolt was holding had been launched up from the energy of Arnak’s attack, the mechanic opening his large wings wide and cracking them like a whip, sending the pegasus towards the group of females faster than standard pegasus sprint speed. Upon reaching them, Ejaz caught the few earth ponies who couldn’t even levitate, and bolted down to the floor to release them before turning and catching a few unicorns who were either too young to use a levitation spell, or didn’t know it. After releasing them, Ejaz grunted as he dived across the floor and took the full impact of a pegasus who was too disorientated to catch herself.

Groaning quietly as the mare he rescued got off him, Ejaz stood up and nodding at the “thank you”s that were spoken to him before opening his wings and taking off in the direction the larger dragon had taken Bolt in. As he flew, Ejaz could feel the frown grow on his expression, now it was getting too far, in fact it had gone too far back when the larger dragon had practically poisoned a good section of wildlife. But since Bolt had fled, Ejaz thought it was the end of that conflict. But it seems that now not only did the fight spark back up, but even the city was almost caught in the crossfire. Ejaz didn’t know when the opportunity he could step in and halt the fight would arise, but he hoped it was soon.

Caught off guard before Bolt could look up he be found himself smashed into the ground, luckily the Pegasus was able to save the ladies he dropped during the impact. Having his throat grabbed at again he roared. "I'M SO OVER THIS!" Glaring as he was being chocked out once again Bolt finally decided to stop messing around. His hand became a distorted blur as he sped up his molecules to vibrate so fast they would phase through solid matter. He shoved his hand into Aranak's chest the entire arm passing through, he felt around until his distorted fingers came to rest around around the red dragons heart. He could feel it thumping and pumping blood to everywhere in his body. Bolt looked up his distorted blurry arm passing harmlessly through his chest for now. "No matter how big or strong you are, everything needs a heart to live. You could crush my windpipe and I could stop your heart. The moment I return my arm to normal speed you'll die. I'm not leaving Canterlot! So what's it going to be big guy? We both going out together or you put me down and your heart lives to pump blood another day." 

Aranak glared at Bolt as the ultimatum was set up, both in deadly positions. He simply growled at first, eventually speaking up. 

“How stupid do you think I am? I’m not letting go until you get that hand out of me. We’ll do it at the same time.” He said, glaring still. 

Ejaz came to a stop as he noticed the two dragons frozen in place, the mechanic landing as he watched anxiously, hoping that this situation wouldn’t end with one or two dead dragons. The pegasus silently walking closer as he listened in to their conversation and paid close attention to their body languages.

Aranak simply glared at him until he saw Bolt start to remove his arm, at which point he let go of Bolt's neck and backed up. Hmpf, honor was worthless, it just got in the way more often than not. Still, it was always nice when he could manipulate the honor of others to his own ends. The dragon kept his eyes on Bolt for the most part, occasionally glancing at the approaching pegasus to keep track of him.

Bolt pulled his arm from the larger beasts chest and his arm stopped vibrating and became a solid mass once it was safely out. Falling onto all fours he shook his head before raising an eyebrow. "I'm not leaving Canterlot so just stay out of my way." Before long he noticed the Pegasus fluttering around and looked at him puzzled asking. "You alright there?"

Archived